No announcement yet.

Just shed a tear for my dog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just shed a tear for my dog

I haven't played with my parents dog in a while and just noticed how age has caught up with her. Was throwing her the ball, and she only walks to get it, where as she use to run like a manic after the thing. I had to stop after while because she will not stop until she drops.

Just that, I've realized how age finally catches up with us eventually. I know that is obvious, but sometimes we live as though we live forever.

I'm going to absolutely miss the dog to bits when her time is up. She has been with us since my childhood.

Jheeze I'm not usually an emotion person, but hit me hard for a moment. Sorry for the depressing thread. Just had to share this for the pet lovers here. Happy tears were shed though.

The older you get the more you have an understanding of time and how precious it is. Weird how that works. You'll be fine man.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
      I haven't played with my parents dog in a while and just noticed how age has caught up with her. Was throwing her the ball, and she only walks to get it, where as she use to run like a manic after the thing. I had to stop after while because she will not stop until she drops.

Just that, I've realized how age finally catches up with us eventually. I know that is obvious, but sometimes we live as though we live forever.

I'm going to absolutely miss the dog to bits when her time is up. She has been with us since my childhood.

Jheeze I'm not usually an emotion person, but hit me hard for a moment. Sorry for the depressing thread. Just had to share this for the pet lovers here. Happy tears were shed though.
      I feel you. I had to give up my dog in November 2011 because the place I moved into at the time wouldn't allow a dog his size (german shepherd)

So he went to live with a family member, so I still got to see him. and THAT alone was sad. But then a few months later he was hit my a car, when he got out. He was a runner, and the only person who he would listen to was me, they tried to yell at him to stop running but he just kept going.

Dogs are a big part of a family, especially when you grow up with one as a kid.

Comment

Few things in life suck nearly as much as watching your dog age. Sorry to hear about it, Uturn. Buy her the biggest rawhide chew you can find.

Comment

Yeah I feel you man. I love animals, especially dogs of course. It's strange to me the people who don't view their dog as members of the family. I mean, that's how I've always seen it.

Comment

Losing a dog is pretty sad.

My Rott was getting pretty old, took him to the vet, they kept him there for a few days.

Went to pick him up and he could barely walk to my car. I get home and he was just laying in my car breathing heavily.

Five min later, his breathing slowed down and he finally took his last breath.

My mom, (who hated dogs before we got him) was crying, and all depressed for days.

Comment

When my dog died a few years back i cried for an hour

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ
                ] Losing a dog is pretty sad.

My Rott was getting pretty old, took him to the vet, they kept him there for a few days.

Went to pick him up and he could barely walk to my car. I get home and he was just laying in my car breathing heavily.

Five min later, his breathing slowed down and he finally took his last breath.

My mom, (who hated dogs before we got him) was crying, and all depressed for days.
                your moms filipino, huh?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  your moms filipino, huh?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Lol! No.

My ex mother in law is.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post

It's sad, man. I had a great Chow-Chow that was with me since I was a kid and one day it came home sick--probably poisoned or hit by a car, or something. He was never the same and quickly passed away. I cried thinking about that dog.

Spoil that dog you got--she is in her golden-years now. Get her treats often and spend some quality time with her if you can.

I feel you on the aging too. Death beckons us all.

Comment

Working...
                    X