Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Hastings: Unlikely coincidence or conspiracy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Hastings: Unlikely coincidence or conspiracy?

Michael Hastings was a well established investigative journalist whose work has been published in Rolling Stone and Buzzfeed and various other top news outlets. He is perhaps best known for exposing General Stanley McChrystal's thoughts on the white house and the various staff who worked therein. Recently Hastings was focusing his efforts on exposing how the Government spies on its people. A day prior to his death Hastings claimed in an email to his colleagues that he needed to lay low and stay off the radar, because he felt that the Feds were following him, and that he was on to a "big story". The very next day he died in a brutal car accident.

here is a summary of his death from Wikipedia.

Michael Hastings died in a single-vehicle automobile crash in his Mercedes C250 Coupé at approximately 4:25 a.m. in the Han**** Park neighborhood of Los Angeles on June 18, 2013. A witness to the crash said that he seemed to be driving at the car's maximum speed before the car fishtailed and crashed into a palm tree. Witnesses described the car's engine being ejected 50 to 60 yards from the scene. Some press reports have described the accident as suspicious, although the Los Angeles Police Department has said there are no signs of foul play.

Earlier the previous day, Hastings indicated that he believed he was being investigated by the FBI. In an email to colleagues, which was copied to and released by Hastings' friend, Army Staff Sergeant Joe Biggs, Hastings said that he was "onto a big story", that he needed to "go off the radar", and that the FBI might interview them. WikiLeaks announced that Hastings had also contacted one of its lawyers a few hours prior to the crash, and the LA Times reported that he was preparing new reports on the CIA at the time of his demise. The FBI released a statement denying that Hastings was being investigated.

Hastings was eulogized by co-workers at Buzzfeed, media figures such as Christopher Hayes and Rachel Maddow and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael...gs_(journalist)
    Conspiracy
    75.00%
    Coincidence
    25.00%
    Last edited by Enayze; 07-16-2013, 10:08 PM.

Let me get this straight....

A guy is speeding in his vehicle at the vehicle's maximum speed. He then crashes into a palm tree head on. He's then ejected and soars through the air like a human cannonball for 50-60 yards and dies either on impact or later as a result of his injuries.

And it's a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Let me get this straight....

A guy is speeding in his vehicle at the vehicle's maximum speed. He then crashes into a palm tree head on. He's then ejected and soars through the air like a human cannonball for 50-60 yards and dies either on impact or later as a result of his injuries.

And it's a conspiracy.

I don't think you read what had happened the day prior to Hastings death. I suggest you go back and re read that part and then re consider your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        I don't think you read what had happened the day prior to Hastings death. I suggest you go back and re read that part and then re consider your reply.
        I did, and you expect me to believe what? Let me guess - That the FBI enlisted guys to wire his car to run at full speed, and cut the brake lines so that he'd die before the "truth" came out instead of, oh I don't know, arresting him for leaking confidential information and silencing him that way?

Comment

I did, and you expect me to believe what? Let me guess - That the FBI enlisted guys to wire his car to run at full speed, and cut the brake lines so that he'd die before the "truth" came out instead of, oh I don't know, arresting him for leaking confidential information and silencing him that way?

I expect you to believe whatever you like, your response has been noted and your vote cast, now hopefully others will have some thoughts to contribute to this topic.

Here is a link with some additional info on the event for everyone else.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/06/mi...leaks-cia-fbi/

Comment

We can't say with 100% certainty that it's a conspiracy but I don't blame anyone for being suspicious.

He had been threatened before by people in the military due to his investigation of McChrystal. And one of his friends has said that the big story he was currently working on involved the CIA.

Comment

You don't believe that there's a possibility that U.S. agencies could engage in behaviour such as that?

Comment

**** the FBI. They're all f*ggots and I download illegal music, movies, and software nearly every single day of my life.

Now if I get myself killed while speeding tomorrow you guys can all say I was assassinated.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  You don't believe that there's a possibility that U.S. agencies could engage in behaviour such as that?
                  Possibility =/= Probability.

Comment

The government has never killed people that posessed sensitive information.

Comment

Working...
                    X