No announcement yet.

Zero-Dark Thread: Fellow Insomniacs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
    Too late man, I can't help the way I feel about you. I wan't everyone in The Scene to know. Stop ducking my love for you T. Horton. You know you want it

Comment

Love you too man
      Originally posted by T.Horton View Post
      I was trying not to gay up the thread.
      Too late man, I can't help the way I feel about you. I wan't everyone in The Scene to know. Stop ducking my love for you T. Horton. You know you want it

Comment

Horton, for some reason I could't see that pic. I'll try to reboot...

Originally posted by Mr. Keni Styles View Post
        LMAO

Comment

man, sleep deprivation is a mf'er.

about 8 years ago i had a serious bout with insomnia and while i didn't experience any of the good facets of it that you detail, i felt you on the seeing things that weren't there ... mainly spirits. but i think that was due to my fukd pentecostal upbringing, i know you know what i'm talking about, bori.

anyway, i did about a month of ambien and that did the trick. i've always been a civilian, and so i couldn't even begin to empathize with what you've lived.

pa' lante como elefante, pai.

Comment

Originally posted by T.Horton
            Keep writing.

You're good.
            TS, careful with this guy. he will start begging you to mail him some of your things once he befriends you.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              TS, careful with this guy. he will start begging you to mail him some of your things once he befriends you.

Comment

Sometimes i just stay up a whole night on purpose for no reason whatsoever.

Last week i stayed up all night watching The Sopranos and then went to work.

It's when you start letting it get to you mentally it becomes a problem,when you start thinking "i really need to be asleep or i will be so tired tomorrow". Just tell yourself "**** this, i'm in charge, i'm chilling".

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  man, sleep deprivation is a mf'er.

about 8 years ago i had a serious bout with insomnia and while i didn't experience any of the good facets of it that you detail, i felt you on the seeing things that weren't there ... mainly spirits. but i think that was due to my fukd pentecostal upbringing, i know you know what i'm talking about, bori.

anyway, i did about a month of ambien and that did the trick. i've always been a civilian, and so i couldn't even begin to empathize with what you've lived.

pa' lante como elefante, pai.
                  Siempre pa' lante pai, ya tu sabes como es.

Things have gotten much better as time has passed throughout the years. Not long after I was discharged, **** hit me like a train-wreck--total mind-****. But today, I'm happy to say, although very slow in movement and lots of frustration, things have gotten much better. Slow and steady, my mind and body have gotten strong again. The sleep issue is a sticking point, but I know it is just a matter of time that I will sort that out as well and that will go a long way in helping the mind and body.

I haven't tried ambien, but I'm meeting with my doc soon, and we will talk about some of the options for sleep, including stuff that I used to take. That said, some of these sleepless nights have been fun, as of late. I make the most of them and my mind doesn't **** with me as much as it used too, but it can still happen, especially if I go too long and/or get hit with lots of additional stress.

The Scene has been of assistance lately (the lounge, the chat room, NSB). Quality people, and I count you among them baya, my man. I feel the love. Gracias!

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post

I'm sure that Horton and I will be more than just friends, If you know what I mean.

But, I could never mail anything to the author of the "Ask a Black Guy" thread. The only thing that I would mail to him would be some d*ck pics via e-mail, but that's it. Just kidding, Horton.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

It's when you start letting it get to you mentally it becomes a problem,when you start thinking "i really need to be asleep or i will be so tired tomorrow". Just tell yourself "**** this, i'm in charge, i'm chilling".
                  I agree that that mentality can certainly help. Despite getting no sleep, I can still function effectively as if sleep was normal, at least the first day after. Typically I can swing a good 4-5 hours of sleep at night, especially with the over-the-counter meds. That helps of course. It's when I go too many nights in a row, without sleeping, that the mind-**** really takes over.

I can stay up voluntarily when I want to, but even on nights when I want to hit the rack and sleep--I can't. I know now to not even bother with the pre-sleep rituals, that many of us practice--because it's just not going to happen. The first night, as of late, can certainty be lots of fun as long as I have stuff to keep my mind busy.

Comment

HMMM he is banned.

Fistic, get out there and buy a pet dog to keep you company. Animals have healing powers beyond comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post

like a faaking bause.

Comment

Working...
                      X