No announcement yet.

Best Chicago Pride Movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
    G-Lords and Simon City Royals were down ass G's back in the day, why you hating?
    I ain't hating man lol I just thought that that shotgun gangsta that the TheGR8TESTOAT mentioned was possibly part of the "Almighty Gaylords" which I assume is more or less defunct now or at least has reduced numbers.

E.P.T I though you we're from Texas bro?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      ha that shot gun dude got locked up mad quick cuz he bust caps with a long ass shot gun in broad day light with about 50 witnesses watching from the hood and the busy ass traffic trying to go home from work lol. the thing is he didn't even kill any of those LK either his aim was horrible or he did it just to make noise in front of the entire hood so they'd all respect him. his baby mama was mad trash she wore the same damn baby blue starter hoody and baby blue sweat pants every F'n day! disgusting huh? lol.

The Gaylords I knew were all Greek they was pretty down and they looked darker and ethnic with black hair. this shot gun foo looked more like B-rad from Malibu's Most Wanted blonde hair really white Ricky Hatton skin lol.

Lot of the taggers on the northside beefed a lot and was well know cuz the art they put up was clean. but i knew lot of them exaggerated about the actual rumbles they got into especially those smaller dudes talked the most trash talk.
      That's hilarious man and I can imagine that dude just shooting and screaming "respect me! respect me!" ha wild times indeed.

As far as his old lady always wearing the same thing.... that's that's.......hilarious. I remember a few years ago when I was in Joilet for court that there was this chick just outside the court house who repped Englewood and she was husky, short, and caucasian, and she had her own "crew" and they where masking asses of themselves but it was quite a sight I tell you that much.

Comment

Originally posted by BxFanViento View Post
        I ain't hating man lol I just thought that that shotgun gangsta that the TheGR8TESTOAT mentioned was possibly part of the "Almighty Gaylords" which I assume is more or less defunct now or at least has reduced numbers.

E.P.T I though you we're from Texas bro?

I grew up living back and forth from Texas to Chicago all through my school years. My pops was always switching jobs.

Now that I have my own family I find myself doing the same thing (moving back and forth) I'll get it right one day though Can't wait to hit up the taste this year.

Comment

I grew up living back and forth from Texas to Chicago all through my school years. My pops was always switching jobs.

Now that I have my own family I find myself doing the same thing (moving back and forth) I'll get it right one day though Can't wait to hit up the taste this year.
          That's cool man though I imagine all that moving around probably got annoying after awhile right? However switching between Chicago and Texas on and off must of been a hell of a trip man.

Yeah if you come to the Taste you better make it count bro because the rumors are that it might end in the next two years or so:http://news.yahoo.com/alderman-propo...192800328.html

Either way it's gotten really overpriced over the last couple of years but it's still a good time no doubt.As for me I will head on over to La Villita on 26th street and get some tacos at El Milagro yes sir! and that's all year man!

Comment

That's cool man though I imagine all that moving around probably got annoying after awhile right? However switching between Chicago and Texas on and off must of been a hell of a trip man.

Yeah if you come to the Taste you better make it count bro because the rumors are that it might end in the next two years or so:http://news.yahoo.com/alderman-propo...192800328.html

Either way it's gotten really overpriced over the last couple of years but it's still a good time no doubt.As for me I will head on over to La Villita on 26th street and get some tacos at El Milagro yes sir! and that's all year man!

WTF??? Man they better not do away with taste, that would be a shame.

El Milagro's a great spot but my favorite Mexican food in the Chi is at the Nuevo Leon Restaurant on 18th in Pilson. You ever eat there? If you go get the Menudo or Caldo de Res, You won't be disappointed.
            Last edited by UTEP; 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

That's hilarious man and I can imagine that dude just shooting and screaming "respect me! respect me!" ha wild times indeed.

As far as his old lady always wearing the same thing.... that's that's.......hilarious. I remember a few years ago when I was in Joilet for court that there was this chick just outside the court house who repped Englewood and she was husky, short, and caucasian, and she had her own "crew" and they where masking asses of themselves but it was quite a sight I tell you that much.
              Ha i must admit we all rocked Starter gear back in the early 90's tho. i used to rock the black and red Chicago Bulls starter jacket with hoody 24/7 and most of the foos in my hood was all MLD, SC, or some form of Folks so they always looked at me twice for wearing that and chanting VL killa lol cause they all wore Duke, or Tigers or NC. but come one i rocked the bulls cus of the bulls ****ttt.

I used to rock those loud House dress shirts too and baggy Girbauds lol at all the parties. everyone would tuck the front part in and wear a belt so the Girbaud tag would show lol.

Now I know I showed my age with that one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                Ha i must admit we all rocked Starter gear back in the early 90's tho. i used to rock the black and red Chicago Bulls starter jacket with hoody 24/7 and most of the foos in my hood was all MLD, SC, or some form of Folks so they always looked at me twice for wearing that and chanting VL killa lol cause they all wore Duke, or Tigers or NC. but come one i rocked the bulls cus of the bulls ****ttt.

I used to rock those loud House dress shirts too and baggy Girbauds lol at all the parties. everyone would tuck the front part in and wear a belt so the Girbaud tag would show lol.

Now I know I showed my age with that one lol.
                It's all good bro! The 90's were the best man! Bulls winning titles and Jim's Original on old Maxwell and Halsted!

Comment

WTF??? Man they better not do away with taste, that would be a shame.

El Milagro's a great spot but my favorite Mexican food in the Chi is at the Nuevo Leon Restaurant on 18th in Pilson. You ever eat there? If you go get the Menudo or Caldo de Res, You won't be disappointed.
                  Now I know you've been to the Chi because you have eaten at Nuevo Leon which is a classic staple in Chicago no doubt about that! I like it but the lines are BRUTAL on the weekends.

Bro do you like Birria? because Birrieria Zaragoza on 4852 S Pulaski Rd has the best bro! it will make you a believer in goat meat even if you don't like it.

here are some more food for thought:

The girl in the beginning is Walter Payton's Daughter but those gorditas are amazing bro.

killer tacos!

Deep Fried Seafood goodness

Comment

Dammit BxFanViento why the hell did you post those videos, my stomaches growling over here

I've only had birria once, it was real good, I never had it at a restaurant though. Everytime I go to a Mexican restaurant I always order the same thing, carne a la tampiquena, Caldo de maricos or de Res, and Menudo. That's all I ever order, I love that stuff.
                    Last edited by UTEP; 06-03-2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Dammit BxFanViento why the hell did you post those videos, my stomaches growling over here

I've only had birria once, it was real good, I never had it at a restaurant though. Everytime I go to a Mexican restaurant I always order the same thing, carne a la tampiquena, Caldo de maricos or de Res, and Menudo. That's all I ever order, I love that stuff.
                      That's what I had to do bro! the visual evidence for the good chow in Chicago!

Yeah I hear you bro that's a good mix that you order I always either get some langostinos or a Mojarra Frita at a seafood Mexican joint along with some Ceviche or depending on the mood some Caldo de siete mares.

At a non seafood Mexican restaurant I either get the Asada plate or just some tacos or tortas to hold me over but I usually just go with what the restaurant specializes in and everything from there.
                      Last edited by BxFanViento; 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X