Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just Catholics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just Catholics

In his sermon he said:

"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us. ‘But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.’ Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!".. We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3320757.html

I'm starting to warm to big Franky.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I'm starting to warm to big Franky.
      How bout the slick Benny?

Comment

I can apreciate that...

Comment

I dont know whats worse. Being told im going to hell or being accepted by the biggest paedophile organisation in the world.

Seriously tho, doesnt the bible kinda disagree with old man Pope?

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
            I wasn't a big fan of him.

Comment

That's cool and all, but doesn't the bible specifically state that the only way to get to heaven is through accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?

Seems to me that God wouldn't give a **** what some mortal **** had to say on the matter.

Comment

Also, it seems to me that the Roman Catholic Church is just trying to rebrand themselves right now, and this is their idea of a good way of doing it seeing as how they've lost so much ground to science and common sense in the last 20-30 years.

And that's not even mentioning that whole "lets **** kids" thing.

If these are the kind of people I'd be spending eternity with I'll pass. Though I do appreciate the gesture, however hollow it may be.

Comment

In other news. Pope not Catholic.

He is theologically "infallible" according to Catholocism. So now this is official Catholic doctrine if i understand correctly.

So theres no dignity in this and nothing to back it up. Yet still a step in the right direction.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
                    He's the Victor Ortiz of the Vatican.

Comment

Working...
                    X