Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just Catholics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe me and the Frankster can hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      That's cool and all, but doesn't the bible specifically state that the only way to get to heaven is through accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?

Seems to me that God wouldn't give a **** what some mortal **** had to say on the matter.
      Christianity is dying REALLY fast. Here in the UK for example all the churches are practically empty, the ONE day they are meant to be used for a few hours, they are STILL empty. You see the mosques active 5 times a day. The bible has been chopped, changed and misinterpreted SO much that it is VERY different to what it was in its beginning almost unrecognizable. They are just saying things now to pander to the rest of the world, to make it seem like they are going with the times, they are bowing down to the pressure they receive by the media.

Comment

The religion of Christianity is far above the media, it doesn't bow down to the media, it's the other way around.

It has become far more subtle in it's approach, as we've progressed as a society it's edited it's beliefs to conform more to humane ideologies. Look at how civilized the West is considered, then compare that to the decline of it's religious views, coincidence?

I think not.

Religion, in it's entirety, doesn't belong in society any more. Yes, it's a tool that can be used for good but also bad. We don't need a reason to good and without religion, there is one less reason to do bad.

Comment

The atheists are going to be so relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            I dont know whats worse. Being told im going to hell or being accepted by the biggest paedophile organisation in the world.

Seriously tho, doesnt the bible kinda disagree with old man Pope?
            Kind of? Plenty of scriptures stating works does not get you into heaven.

Scriptures are pesky/irrelevant details as far as catholics are concerned.
            Last edited by ~AK49~; 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

A catholic telling you that you're redeemed...

Wow really, I'm certainly by no way's a person who likes religion I have my opinion on it that it is a cause for alot of conflict which is true...

BUT this guy trying to say that?
              Are the several people who disobey your religion; this includes normal followers and people preaching the religion are they redeemed when they do a good thing?
              Can one terrible atrocity be ignored for doing one good thing?

I definitely do not think so!

I wont target only one religion when I say this but nearly every religion has a terrible past to it, you could go into so much terrible detail...
              What I don't get is why someone would want to be affiliated with that, that's my opinion on the matter... Some-things can't be forgot for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by PopPopPop
                Christianity is not Catholics, LOL.

read the bible first before speaking on subject yall dont know about.

PS: I'll probably be banned now.
                I doubt that but talking about religion is a very touchy subject for alot of people...

This is why I don't talk about it much and when I do I atleast try and give my point across as to why I think what I do.

Comment

Not true...this was also how I was thought when a went to my school (catholic)

Comment

Originally posted by PopPopPop
                    Christianity is not Catholics, LOL.

read the bible first before speaking on subject yall dont know about.

PS: I'll probably be banned now.
                    Well after watching your avy and your HQ gifs it's not hard to figure out whose alt are you

Comment

I dont know whats worse. Being told im going to hell or being accepted by the biggest paedophile organisation in the world.

Everyone is redeemed so long as they repent and accept Jesus Christ as their savior.

Comment

Working...
                      X