No announcement yet.

Phil Jackson: MJ was better than KOBE Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
    phil would have courted much more controversy if he said kobe was better then Michael, and thus would have sold more books. i think he's just being honest.
    Agree.

Probably buy his book if he said Kobe was better because that would have been interesting.

Comment

• a rapist cannot be greater than anyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        i don't get the leadership thing.

when he got jordan, jordan had been in the league twice as long, already a superstar and everyone knew the team was his.

kobe was just 21, barely 3 years pro, only 1 as starter and his team was loaded with vets, former stars and a superstar who saw kobe as a kid.

way different to compare.
        I don't get the leadership thing either but for different reasons.

Jordan was a narcassist who got into fist fights with team mates in practice because he wouldn't do what Jordan wanted. That isn't a good leader.

Could Jordan take over a game and score points? Sure. Does that make him a great leader? No.

I don't even think he made anyone around him better. Its controversial to say but if you really look at the team, Pippen made everyone better, including Jordan. Jordan leaves and Pip still had that team as a contender past the 1st round. Pre-Pip Jordan was getting 1st round bounced.

Pip was more of a leader than Jordan ever was. Great player he may be, doesn't mean he lifted everyone else's game. A leader/captain to me is much more than a scoreboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I don't get the leadership thing either but for different reasons.

Jordan was a narcassist who got into fist fights with team mates in practice because he wouldn't do what Jordan wanted. That isn't a good leader.

Could Jordan take over a game and score points? Sure. Does that make him a great leader? No.

I don't even think he made anyone around him better. Its controversial to say but if you really look at the team, Pippen made everyone better, including Jordan. Jordan leaves and Pip still had that team as a contender past the 1st round. Pre-Pip Jordan was getting 1st round bounced.

Pip was more of a leader than Jordan ever was. Great player he may be, doesn't mean he lifted everyone else's game. A leader/captain to me is much more than a scoreboard.
          The same Pippen who took himself out of the final play of a game because Phil drew up a play for Kukoc to take the final shot to win the game.

A playoff game, no less.

Yup, what a leader Pip is.

Comment

• There is no shame in not being as good as Michael. You have to be great if they even make the comparison in the first place!

Comment

• Kobe is good no doubt.

But Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time

No other player could accomplish what Jordan accomplished period. His undefeated record in the NBA finals attests to that fact because when the game mattered most Jordan Killed you and he did it with NO remorse and no compassion I mean ask the Utah Jazz.

No doubt Kobe is an excellent basketball player whose legion of fans will defend him no matter what and it's well deserved when you look at his accomplishments, but Kobe will never be Jordan and he will never surpass him.

Jordan is the GOAT

Either way it's only my opinion guys agree or disagree it's all good.

Comment

• Without getting into any stats, athleticism, characteristics etc,.

Michael Jordan is better because Kobe is to him what Broner is to Mayweather. That's just one reason, no need to go any further. Never mind the fact that Kobe never surpassed Jordan at anything, individual stats or Rings.

When you praise Kobe Bryant's attributes, you're praising Michael Jordan indirectly. Without MJ, he could've never mimicked that style. Every move in his arsenal has MJ spelled all over it. No organic, original moves that define Kobe. If there was no Television and Kobe never watched MJ play, he would've been your generic NBA player. One of those athletic players that we even have today, who aren't top at anything, average 5 points per game. Every once in a while you see them score a Dunk that stands out. If you're gonna be a carbon copy of another great player, you better surpass him and take it to another level.

Sidenote: I like LeBron. He too was a fan of MJ. He tried to play like him too for a while, till he dropped the act and embraced his own style that fits his body type. And now he is a artificial stat producing machine.
                Last edited by Vladimir303; 05-18-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• ITT: Mak and Left Hook Tua are butthurt that the only man with a legitimate opinion on the matter confirms Jordan is better than Kobe

Comment

• all time win shares pct per 48 minutes (from numbers never lie show):

MJ #1

Kobe #29 next to sidney moncrief.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...s-phil-jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X