Collapse
No announcement yet.

My nephew needs a good job, thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] My nephew needs a good job, thoughts?

Hey fam my nephew just graduated college and needs a good job. For those of you closer to his age (he's 23) whats a good job/career for him to go into?

He's a big boy about 6 foot and big like the same build as the Big Show, but not as athletic.

The reason I want him to become successful asap is because his moms a single parent and her health is declining fast so I want him to get his own life/career going ASAP so he doesn't have to rely on her at all and he's never been independent on his own.

He studied sports journalism in college, but I doubt thats a realistic career/industry for him because he'll probably just be interning (unpaid) for a few years and then go no where since that fields all about who you know. So I was thinking he should probably go into like law enforcement or something like that since he's got the bigger physical presence already.

What do you guys suggest? What are some of your jobs/career that someone can go into and make decent pay and benefits right away?

Thanks green K for serious responses/help.

Anything to do with Computers or Digital Marketing, it's the only way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      Anything to do with Computers or Digital Marketing, it's the only way forward.
      can you be more specific? what exactly are you talking about what jobs?

what do you do? are you close to his age?

Comment

Astronauts a really good job...pays good too!

Comment

he should get a quick certification in something.

if he doesnt know what he wants then getting a quick course to a job that pays ok would be best.
          like....
          getting his CDL licsense, i mean driving large honka trucks isn't glamerous, but they do get paid decent, and is something he could do in the meantime while he searches.
          or....
          he can apply to the firefighter academy and see if he can focus himself in that position
          or....
          joing the military is not a bad idea, and would teach him skills he'd have his whole life, as well as building his independance.
          or....
          even getting an internship at a motorshop or something like MTTI courses where companies hire the grads granted there competent at what they do.

the list is endless my man, this is life.

Comment

as the guy said before me CDL, My dads is an instructor and test for CDLs, Most schools can get him a job after he gets his CDL. They make pretty decent money and room for advancement. Also Barbers make decent money and schooling is not long.

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
              he should get a quick certification in something.

if he doesnt know what he wants then getting a quick course to a job that pays ok would be best.
              like....
              getting his CDL licsense, i mean driving large honka trucks isn't glamerous, but they do get paid decent, and is something he could do in the meantime while he searches.
              or....
              he can apply to the firefighter academy and see if he can focus himself in that position
              or....
              joing the military is not a bad idea, and would teach him skills he'd have his whole life, as well as building his independance.
              or....
              even getting an internship at a motorshop or something like MTTI courses where companies hire the grads granted there competent at what they do.

the list is endless my man, this is life.
              Green K bro,

thanks. so how long will it take for him to get his CDL license? that might actually be more of his thing since he's a big boy.

i was thinking about telling him to go to the military but he might not pass boot camp since he's so big and not in shape or athletic. i played 1 on 1 with him like a year ago and he was breathing hard to the point of having to catch his breath only after 3minutes.

So thats why i was thinking police academy since im assuming its not as hardcore as boot camp for him?

Also how much would he be making with his CDL? i just want him to be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment in ontario and save a little bit if his mom is no longer able to work or at worst she passes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                Green K bro,

thanks. so how long will it take for him to get his CDL license? that might actually be more of his thing since he's a big boy.

i was thinking about telling him to go to the military but he might not pass boot camp since he's so big and not in shape or athletic. i played 1 on 1 with him like a year ago and he was breathing hard to the point of having to catch his breath only after 3minutes.

So thats why i was thinking police academy since im assuming its not as hardcore as boot camp for him?

Also how much would he be making with his CDL? i just want him to be able to afford a 1 bedroom apartment in ontario and save a little bit if his mom is no longer able to work or at worst she passes.
                getting in shape is a gym membership away, anybody can get in decent shape in about 2 months with a 4x a week gym sesh, especially a 23yr old.

but on the CDL time.... it depends on the program, ive seen people get it in as little as 3 weeks, and others it takes months, either way its rather quick.

and once again the ammount of money he'll make will depend on who or where he drives for, but they get paid decent enough, enough for a 1 bedroom anyway.

police academy isn't a bad idea either.

i was just nameing some "quick fix" type of things.

Comment

Couple Questions

Why are you making life decisions for him?

Also, why did he go to college if he isn't lookig for a job in the field he studied, basically wasting years of his live and money?

A "good job" is something that you want to do and be able to make a living off. What you're asking for is "what's the easiest way for him to make money", and IMO that's what's wrong with so many people. Just chasing money

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Couple Questions

Why are you making life decisions for him?

Also, why did he go to college if he isn't lookig for a job in the field he studied, basically wasting years of his live and money?

A "good job" is something that you want to do and be able to make a living off. What you're asking for is "what's the easiest way for him to make money", and IMO that's what's wrong with so many people. Just chasing money
                    i agree 100%

Now in days nobody wants to work hard to make a living everybody wants to make the big money right away

lazy people don't know the true meaning of labor

at the age of 23 i made enough money to support a daughter, pay all my bills and save money to purchase a home (which took 7 years but i did it)

well said Russo

Comment

Working...
                    X