No announcement yet.

Going to the Movies alone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope but I can see the appeal.

No saving seats, no sharing popcorn/soda, you dont have to worry about whether or not the other person hates the movie.

Never eaten dinner at a restaurant alone but I eat lunch by myself all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Don't do it myself but it's in the Man Handbook, section 607 rule a.234 and it states it's ok.

Now eating out alone is straight loser mode.
      completely ok.

im not gonna let anyone dictate my food intake. if you cant eat by yourself, you are a gay.

if im hungry, im hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i didnt eat popcorn for 2 years after my gig at the theater...eating popcorn, hotdogs and nachos on break every day made me sick
        i worked at movie theaters my sop****re year as well.

i did experimental flavor mixtures of slush puppies.

doin a candy count at the end of the shift was a btch.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          Nope but I can see the appeal.

No saving seats, no sharing popcorn/soda, you dont have to worry about whether or not the other person hates the movie.

Never eaten dinner at a restaurant alone but I eat lunch by myself all the time.

next time i leave work early, i really wouldn't mind watching a movie by myself

it's not bad at all...smoke a bowl before you go in an empty theater, watch a flick...roll out

similar to when my ass it home and i pop a movie in

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            i worked at movie theaters my sop****re year as well.

i did experimental flavor mixtures of slush puppies.

doin a candy count at the end of the shift was a btch.

man, we counted the candy, popcorn bags, drink cups, nacho trays, hot dog buns...everything...i hated doing inventory

Comment

I was considering going to watch The Hobbit by my lonesome but managed to find some nice dame to watch it with instead.

I never saw her again after
              Last edited by Gojira; 05-01-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                man, we counted the candy, popcorn bags, drink cups, nacho trays, hot dog buns...everything...i hated doing inventory
                I used to look for clean cups left around and put them back into inventory, $4 each cup times a whole night of a popular premier chacingggg!!! walked out with at least $150 or more every Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  Have you done it?
                  Hell yea! But only matinees... You can't go to the movies alone at night nor with a group of guys... :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    I used to look for clean cups left around and put them back into inventory, $4 each cup times a whole night of a popular premier chacingggg!!! walked out with at least $150 or more every Saturday

we did that as well...popcorn bags, drink cups and popcorn buckets

we also had a ticket scam going...it was a small theater with no cameras...only 3 screens...we would just point the people to their theater and not give back their tickets (only if they asked for it)...then we'd resell the ticket as well

the manager got suspicious when i forgot to pick up my check for over a week...i was making $100+ per night

Comment

Don't see the problem. If there's a movie you really wanna watch but none of your friends want to see it, everyone's working/busy, etc. then why the hell not.

Eating out for dinner by yourself though is pretty awkward. I mean, if you wanna do it, more power to you, but I wouldn't. Lunch is a completely different story. I eat out for my lunch break alone all the time, completely normal. Getting away from a craphole workplace and anyone who works there is a nice way to relax for an hour.

Comment

Working...
                      X