Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't enjoy boxing anymore, because of things like this site

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't enjoy boxing anymore because of a website?i didn't know a boxing forum and watching a boxing match had to go hand and hand

Comment

I hear ya Earl, I've been in the lounge for years for that very reason. It's not all bad though, in between the garbage in NSB you can find gold up in them thar threads but I grow tired easily. Anybody involved with boxing in anyway will tell you that being in love with boxing is like being in love with a woman who just won't love you back. You've been biten so essentially there is nothing you can do but except it. Never doubt your love for the game because of anybody elses idiotic behaviors around the sport, ever. We have a lot of good people in here and boxing is what it is. Ignore the idiots just like we ignore the alphabet bull****.

Hello Earl Hickey, my name is Rockin'...... and I'm a... Lounge Lizard............

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Couldn't hang with the big boys I see.

Comment

The problem is, 95% of the people commenting on this sport are people who have never actually engaged in it and no, that's not a cop out, you really have to have had atleast 50+ amateur fights against atleast a couple of opponents who go on to have decent pro careers to understand just how ridiculously tough this sport is.

People who this forum considers and I quote "C level fighters" are fighters who would literally appear super human to the average joe if they even observed them sparring with their own eyes. The level of dedication, training, natural ability and hard work required just to even reach the level of a british/regional pro champion is ridiculous.

Boxing is no joke, at any level.

Comment

Should've just taken it on the chin like Tyson did.

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
              The problem is, 95% of the people commenting on this sport are people who have never actually engaged in it and no, that's not a cop out, you really have to have had atleast 50+ amateur fights against atleast a couple of opponents who go on to have decent pro careers to understand just how ridiculously tough this sport is.

People who this forum considers and I quote "C level fighters" are fighters who would literally appear super human to the average joe if they even observed them sparring with their own eyes. The level of dedication, training, natural ability and hard work required just to even reach the level of a british/regional pro champion is ridiculous.

Boxing is no joke, at any level.
              Yeah but it's all relative.

A "C level fighter" would KO me in maybe 10 seconds but it's a comparison. If the best fighter is an A, then you grade fighters depending on how good they are relative to that fighter, who is your point of reference.

When people call a fighter "a bum" they are aware they would get sparked out by him but again it's only when you use the best fighters are your top rating and make your ratings based on how people are when compared to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Yeah but it's all relative.

A "C level fighter" would KO me in maybe 10 seconds but it's a comparison. If the best fighter is an A, then you grade fighters depending on how good they are relative to that fighter, who is your point of reference.

When people call a fighter "a bum" they are aware they would get sparked out by him but again it's only when you use the best fighters are your top rating and make your ratings based on how people are when compared to him.
                It doesn't matter though, you just don't call a fighter a bum for not being perfect. As a boxing fan you should have respect for the people that get in the ring and entertain us, people who dedicate their lives to the sport of boxing don't deserve to be called a bum by some fat keyboard warrior who's never stepped in the ring in his life because said boxer isn't a real life incarnation of Goku.

Comment

I never thought you took it that seriously Earl, that's the trick.

Fury is a legend, I really hope he doesn't lose any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    Should've just taken it on the chin like Tyson did.

I think Earl was just too emotionally invested in the belief that Tyson Fury was sooooo much better than David Price.

When Fury almost got sparked out in the same embarrassing fashion as Price he just couldn't deal with the reality and with all the NSBers talking trash.

Comment

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it, Earl.

You have been on this site long enough to know that some trash talk is just busting balls, and then there are guys that just live to troll.

NSB can be a like a toxic room at times, though. You can only hold your breath so long, before the noxious fumes of stupidity overcome you.

Comment

Working...
                      X