Collapse
No announcement yet.

I quit my job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done bro, too many people get stuck in the rat race and before they know it they are old and have lived pretty boring lives, living amongst the same group of friends, going to the same places on holiday, watching the same **** on TV and then talking to their friends about it like its real life.

Enjoy travelling and if it's possible, why don't you set up your own company and work for yourself if your skills are in demand? freelance / contract, work as you need to and once you have topped up the savings, have 3 - 6 months off every year? I pretty much take the summer off every year and have done for the last 8 years, I work like a dog during winter, stuff money aside and chill my arse for our summer doing as little as possible.

Good luck & enjoy!

Comment

Good for you, what's the point of living, if all you do is working like a slave, coming home tired, miserable and pissed at the world around you. Money is good but living only to make money is pointless. Travel, see the world, Enjoy!

Comment

Im loving this thread

It's the most positive i have seen on here for a while

Comment

Can you tell us what it was like working for Google?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
            Id like to know to

I bet theres a lot of politics in there

Comment

Let me send my application in.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                Let me send my application in.
                apparently they get 2 million resumes a month. you basically need perfect grades in college(they've softened that part up a bit) and the interview process can last literally months.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  apparently they get 2 million resumes a month. you basically need perfect grades in college(they've softened that part up a bit) and the interview process can last literally months.
                  What the phuck is college??

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                    Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                    Id like to know to

I bet theres a lot of politics in there
                    it's political but then again what job isn't. a ton of perks if you like free food and i have to say most people you work with are really cool decent people.

the bad part is the projects. you have to do them or you are toast. you can't just be great at your normal job you have projects which take a ton of time and they have to matter or they really ding you.

but stocks and perks and endless free food are really nice.

the thing is after years you stop drinking the kool aid and realize they are just like everyone else, they just make more money.

it's hard to get in but also very hard to leave.

Comment

the other good part is you will rarely work with dumb asses.

maybe some people are a bit too geeky but no one is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X