No announcement yet.

So....God was a mass murderer !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I'd suffer an early knockdown but then I'd drag them into the late rounds and win a competitive UD.

Yes they do but they don't read horrible stories involving many deaths!

I'm more of a "Jungle Book" kind of guy.

**you'd box well early on, break your wrist, and then go out on your shield in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      **you'd box well early on, break your wrist, and then go out on your shield in the second.
      horrible flashbacks there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        BTW, I think your cute.
        Lets get married

Comment

BTW, I think your cute.
          Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Lets get married
          You girls are gonna have some ugly ass babies

Comment

Greatest imaginary mass murderer of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Well, for the salt water creatures, adding mass amounts of rain can **** up the salt ratio and kill them.
              And the salty sea water flooding rivers and lakes would put paid to the freshwater animals. Ducks would be alright though.

Fuck you, Noah!

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
              So many ignorant posts in this thread
              And yet you are unable to name a single one, nor are you able to say why it's ignorant.

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              He created every living thing on the planet. He got a right to do it if they arent lining up. He;s gonna do it again "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man"
              Hahaha I see. Murdering every living thing on an entire planet justified by a brainwashed fuckspanner.

Originally posted by New England View Post
              the reason that there are "flood myths" in christianity and islam specifically is that they show up in the old testament. both christianity and islam are essentially spin offs of judaism, the oldest major monotheistic religion. those are the three religions about which i know the most, and whose major literary works i have read.

hell, gilgamesh and those boys got flooded. the stories show up because they're pulled from the same sources/works and historical contexts.
              Yes, the Epic of Gilgamesh did indeed influence cultures in the Fertile Crescent. Still nothing to do with ice ages. Big floods are common in the absence of glacial retreat.

those massive and widespread floods [pervasive, and old enough to show up almost universally in ancient myths] you're talking about would have come with the recession of the glaciers and the end of the last ice age. that's when people really started to get down to civilization-creating business, by settling down, specializing labor, and recording their religious and cultural stories.

floods would be a hell of a lot more frequent, and on a greater scale at the end of an ice age.
              There's no question that the Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest work of literature we have ever found. But it dates back to around 3000 BCE, not to the end of the ice age around 8000 BCE. Floods are common today and there's no ice age.

and on the bit about animal farm, i'm afraid that i'm not following you. perhaps you're saying that the major religions don't support a more liberal interpretation of their texts?
              Some do. But the disagreement between literalism and metaphor has a bloody history. There's no indication that the events described in the Old Testament were intended to be taken in any way other than literally.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                And the salty sea water flooding rivers and lakes would put paid to the freshwater animals. Ducks would be alright though.

Fuck you, Noah!

And yet you are unable to name a single one, nor are you able to say why it's ignorant.

Hahaha I see. Murdering every living thing on an entire planet justified by a brainwashed fuckspanner.

Yes, the Epic of Gilgamesh did indeed influence cultures in the Fertile Crescent. Still nothing to do with ice ages. Big floods are common in the absence of glacial retreat.

There's no question that the Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest work of literature we have ever found. But it dates back to around 3000 BCE, not to the end of the ice age around 8000 BCE. Floods are common today and there's no ice age.

Some do. But the disagreement between literalism and metaphor has a bloody history. There's no indication that the events described in the Old Testament were intended to be taken in any way other than literally.

as with most of the ancient texts, the stories were older than their recording, and they weren't written by the people who created them. these stories were all written down thousands of years after the recession of the glaciers, even the oldest of them all, gilgamesh. the weren't written to retell the story of a flood that occurred earlier that morning.

Comment

war ducks

immune to god

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Lets get married
                    We arent' allowed, Jose wants to deny us our rights.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    You girls are gonna have some ugly ass babies
                    Half Mexican/Russian....think of the chin the kid will have.

Comment

We arent' allowed, Jose wants to deny us our rights.

Half Mexican/Russian....think of the chin the kid will have.
                      an ugly ass Jay Leno chin

Comment

Working...
                      X