No announcement yet.

the top 5 most theltic guys in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    soviets boxed in the amateurs and lost to the great american HW.

rugby nations and soccer nations never ruled the division. america did.

and finally, americans are the most successful boxers in the weight classes, ahving more world champions and ranked p4p fighters than any other nation.

virtually every expert on boxing recognizes the correlation between the lack of american HW talent and the rise of the NFL and the NBA. that you guys refuse to draw the same intuitive inclusion is a product of nationalism, and bias toward america.
    firstly i wouldnt act all high and mighty since you didnt even realise the dutch are the tallest people on the planet???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Secondly you completely missed the point, thats Cubans and Estern europeans are completely behind America due to the fact that they coudlnt compete in professional sports. You cannot deny the correlation between the decline in communism since 1990 and the increase slowly of eastern european boxers. Its far stronger than Your NFL and NBA claim.

Plus you say "raise" in the NFL and NBA. To whom???America??as the rest of the world dont give a flying F about it.

As for your rugby and soccer nations... Americans(soccer until recently) ddint even play those sports????Boxing was very much a US dominated sport culturally, you had GYMS and setup far surpassing most nations. Not now, and guess what we have caught you up. You dod realsie you didnt medal in ONE boxing event at last years olympics???

claiming hat AMericans are superior gentically to everyon else, when in reality the only evidence is that you had better sporting facilities and training camps, but thats slowly declining.

Look at Golf, europe couldnt hold a candle to you guys, and now we have the majority of the top ten players.

Tennis, well mardy fish is your main player??? Again Domonated by nadal, novak, federer and murray.

Look at the recent NBA mvp, they have often been players like Dirk and steve nash, both whom are from nations that dont really care for basketball. So by using yor logic, if europe didnt do rugby and soccer, tennis etc you would have some fantastic NBA playera right???or can you only be good at basketball and from the USA

Comment

read my post above, because clearly you're missing the basis of the point. it's a historical arguemnt.

americans ruled the HW division. HW sized american talent moved on to other sports, and now we don't. it's that simple.

there's nothing to disagree with. it's not an opinion.
      I wasnt disagreeing, just saying that its an obvious point. So if all of you best athletes were in boxing then youd be better at boxing? Nice. Works the same everywhere though.

You're a nation of like 370 million people, if you care about a sport with that size of population (and the resources/ finances available) then you will be successful at it. You would be a Soccer powerhouse and probably win world cups if you took it seriously as well (just to show im not being biased).

Or are you trying to argue genetic superiority?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I wasnt disagreeing, just saying that its an obvious point. So if all of you best athletes were in boxing then youd be better at boxing? Nice. Works the same everywhere though.

You're a nation of like 370 million people, if you care about a sport with that size of population (and the resources/ finances available) then you will be successful at it. You would be a Soccer powerhouse and probably win world cups if you took it seriously as well (just to show im not being biased).

Or are you trying to argue genetic superiority?

though i do think that the genetic mixture that you get in the US generally lends itself to success in sports that require great size, i am not saying that american men are genetically superior.

my argument is based on the history of geography of the division. go back through the history of the HW division if you must. its best fighters have always been primarily american. the shift in the geography of the division occurred simultaneously with the exodus of american talent. today our great athletes are not boxing.

facts, not opinions. i don't even know why i call it an argument.

this should outline why the bold is irrelevant, as these other nations don't have the history to back it up. they can't make the same argument. if these other nations were the top HW country int he world for 50-100 years before these other sports took over, then we could talk.
        Last edited by New England; 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

though i do think that the genetic mixture that you get in the US generally lends itself to success in sports that require great size, i am not saying that american men are genetically superior.

my argument is based on the history of geography of the division. go back through the history of the HW division if you must. its best fighters have always been primarily american. the shift in the geography of the division occurred simultaneously with the exodus of american talent. today our great athletes are not boxing.

facts, not opinions. i don't even know why i call it an argument.

this should outline why the bold is irrelevant, as these other nations don't have the history to back it up. they can't make the same argument. if these other nations were the top HW country int he world for 50-100 years before these other sports took over, then we could talk.
          to the bolded a lot of the size of a nation is decided by its nutrition during formative years. The fact America has a lot of food to eat and so are able to fulfill genetic potential is probably why it appears that way.

IMO The rise of NBA, NFL is only one factor in the decline of US heavyweight boxing. You have to also look at the lack of infrastructure for boxing in the country compared to the old days, the lack of money invested from the top of the sport to the bottom (talent scounting, funding for Gyms etc, this accounts for the decline in US Amateur boxing), and those pesky Eastern Euros are a factor no matter how much you guys dont want to admit it.

I have a theory as well that there was a switch in the 90's from boxing being a participation sport in America, to being a spectator sport. I dont believe people wanted to be the next Tyson or the next Holyfield, they wanted to watch them. But thats just a theory from an outsider so if you guys across the pond dispute that then I will retract.

Comment

1. Lebron James
            2. Blake Griffin
            3. Adrian Peterson
            4. Chris Johnson
            5. Lionel Messi

Comment

Slim Shady and his "white power" threads.

Comment

Comment

I'm going to be honest here, us brits couldn't rule boxing, not with our chins

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I'm going to be honest here, us brits couldn't rule boxing, not with our chins
                    we would have more strong chins but unfortunately this guy stole em all...

Comment

TS is ******ed,and racist,that is all

Comment

Working...
                      X