Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been 1 year since that Thug want to be superhero killed Treyvon Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a ****ed up case from what I know of it. Zimmerman clearly initiated the confrontation and ended up shooting a kid dead.

It's easy for him to formulate reasons why in hindsight, anyone can come up with excuses for confronting anyone else if they want to - 'looked threatening', 'acting strange' etc, but to me it seems like a guy playing toy soldier and seeking out conflict with another guy because of his own subjective fears that the guy might be up to something.

The race factor is clearly a big part of it, as a lot of people obviously feel that GZ identifying a black kid as a threat that needed to be confronted was reasonable. A lot of other people don't automatically see black kids that way.

The question you need to ask is whether young men of a certain race or ethnicity or whatever should have to live their lives having men pursue and confront them as they go about their daily lives, because of preconceptions other men may have about their racial or ethnic group?

In other words, if I'm a black kid walking home from the shop, is it reasonable for me to have men get out of their cars, chase me, and demand to know what I'm doing, just because I'm black and other black kids have been known to commit crimes? That seems to me to not be a very healthy basis for society to operate on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      It's a ****ed up case from what I know of it. Zimmerman clearly initiated the confrontation and ended up shooting a kid dead.

It's easy for him to formulate reasons why in hindsight, anyone can come up with excuses for confronting anyone else if they want to - 'looked threatening', 'acting strange' etc, but to me it seems like a guy playing toy soldier and seeking out conflict with another guy because of his own subjective fears that the guy might be up to something.

The race factor is clearly a big part of it, as a lot of people obviously feel that GZ identifying a black kid as a threat that needed to be confronted was reasonable. A lot of other people don't automatically see black kids that way.

The question you need to ask is whether young men of a certain race or ethnicity or whatever should have to live their lives having men pursue and confront them as they go about their daily lives, because of preconceptions other men may have about their racial or ethnic group?

In other words, if I'm a black kid walking home from the shop, is it reasonable for me to have men get out of their cars, chase me, and demand to know what I'm doing, just because I'm black and other black kids have been known to commit crimes? That seems to me to not be a very healthy basis for society to operate on.
      It's the reality not only for black kids but Hispanic kids as well. One thing that most white people don't understand and think black and Latino people are exaggerating about is the way we have had to live our lives in a white dominated society.

I look Mexican, have tattoo's all over my body. I have literally had people cross the street to not walk by me, women clutch their purses in elevators, and store owners follow me around a store to make sure I don't steal something.

It's something I have lived with my entire life and there's certain ways I carry myself to AVOID getting stereotyped and picked out of a group. For example, I have a group of white friends who I'm very close with. When I moved to Florida, we hung out a lot, it was a culture shock for me.

I never seen people act and treat each other the way my friends family treated them. They supported them, gave them money, encouraged them to go to college, got them jobs, looked out for each other etc. I wasn't used to that where I'm from and how (unfortunately and sad as it may be) we Latino's treat each other.

There were two incidents where they saw the difference in their face. First was boarding the plane when we went to Colorado for spring break one time, I got searched every time on the 4 planes we took, they were never even looked at.

Second was when we were pulled over and I was extremely polite to the cop because I already know the deal. He's waiting for me to say something smart ass to lock me up. On the other hand, my friends talked to him with no fear and when he asked to search the vehicle, they said "NO" and that shocked me.

I could never have that confidence to talk to the police that way or even think I could get away with it because of "rights" I may think I have. There are two America's and most people don't even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
        If somebody's following you for no reason that's stalking and harassment. Zimmerman instigated that shiiiit and killed him for no reason.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Green k sent. This is the simplest explanation ever but some members on BS are stupid to understand. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Here's the truth...GZ was trying to play hero. He followed the kid around, the REAL police told him not to follow, yet he still did, got his ass whooped, and like a pussy, couldn't take the ass whooping like a man and shot the kid.

GZ clearly didn't know how to fight, but since he had a gun he felt like he finally had grow some balls.
          Lol, lol, green k sent. He was scared, sacred like a neighborhood watch pus$y.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
            This is what I think went down as well. Like another person in this thread said GZ had a record of assault and being fired for being an overreacting idiot, as a security guard by the way. If he would have listened to the 911 dispatch that clearly said "DO NOT PURSUIT" all of this **** would have been avoided. Only idiots do not see that.
            Green k sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Zimmerman tried to restrain someone for no reason. I'd punch someone in the nose myself if that happened. Also, Martin probably freaked when he saw the gun and reacted.

Zimmerman's a violent, paranoid, overzealous, racist idiot. I mean neighborhood watch leader at 28 years old?? That's a guy who's looking for trouble. He created that situation. I don't buy it was self defense. He got into a fight and killed him in a fit of rage. That's manslaughter.
              It wasn't self defense. Zimmerman was known as a frequent 911 caller whenever a black male was walking around the streets where he lived. If that isn't a racist then i don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                It wasn't self defense. Zimmerman was known as a frequent 911 caller whenever a black male was walking around the streets where he lived. If that isn't a racist then i don't know what is.
                It's sad the the color of someone's skin is automatically a weapon. I wish more people would get to know someone before they judge them.

Comment

Thug want to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                    Let's also be brutally honest here too though. It was young black males that were committing most of the crimes in that area of Orlando. I know Sanford and it's a crime area.

At the same time, you cannot treat EVERY black person the same because a handful of them are committing crimes. I understand the logic but unless Zimmerman saw the kid actually break the law, there was no reason to approach him in that manner and especially with a loaded gun.

Comment

Noone cares

Comment

Working...
                      X