Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO My Mexican Homies: What's Your Favorite Authentic Mexican Dish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dart View Post
    favorite all around food. Tostadas de Ceviche

Those look amazing.

Comment

Mexican/spanish food is good but I find most of them insanely over cook there meat to the point of being shoe leather. Though I did have a great seafood dish in Mexico and I love saffron. Also eggs and meat together is a good thing.

Comment

mine would probably be menudo with maiz blanco and hand made tortillas...

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
          I have to say that contrary to many in here, mole, while good, gives the food too much of a dessert feel for my taste. I'm all about that salsa verde.

Incidentally as TS do I get to be an honorary Mexican now?
          Orale, carnal!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            I have to say that contrary to many in here, mole, while good, gives the food too much of a dessert feel for my taste. I'm all about that salsa verde.

Incidentally as TS do I get to be an honorary Mexican now?

Only if you slick your hair back and wear cool shades

Last edited by UTEP; 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              Only if you slick your hair back and wear cool shades

It's true anyone can be Mexican like El Japo.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                :Warning: These pictures will make you very hungry.

Posole

This is an Interesting story but that is not authentic pozole. This is a documented fact. The ancient Mexican Aztecs used to believe that god made humans out of basically corn meal and hominy(main ingredient in pazole) was a sacred food. During ritual sacrifices a criminal would have his heart cut out while he was still alive and a stew would be made of his flesh and shared with the people. After the conquest of mexico when cannibalism was band priests allowed this sacred stew to be made with pork because they said "the taste is similar to human flesh". This is what we now know as pazole. It was made basically the same way back then.

Bon Appetit

Comment

Costellitas en salsa verde, spicy to the max! Good for after a long night of drinking.

Comment

Burritos de barbacoa (but not everyvody does the right)
                    and tacos de tripitas !

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      This is an Interesting story but that is not authentic pozole. This is a documented fact. The ancient Mexican Aztecs used to believe that god made humans out of basically corn meal and hominy(main ingredient in pazole) was a sacred food. During ritual sacrifices a criminal would have his heart cut out while he was still alive and a stew would be made of his flesh and shared with the people. After the conquest of mexico when cannibalism was band priests allowed this sacred stew to be made with pork because they said "the taste is similar to human flesh". This is what we now know as pazole. It was made basically the same way back then.

Bon Appetit
                      Everything you quoted was made up ...you googled a fictional story

Comment

Working...
                      X