Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO My Mexican Homies: What's Your Favorite Authentic Mexican Dish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    fixed it for you.

vamos a comer lo.
    Can't give you any more green. New England you love to fuk with me don't you...

Comment

I really need to brush up on my Mexican cuisine skills.

I'm a pretty awesome all-around cook whether I'm cooking Chinese or just grilling steaks and chicken breasts, but I've never had the time to dedicate to cooking authentic Mexican food. I can make some gnarly burritos, taquitos, and nachos, but I'm talking real Mexican dishes. Stuff like pozole and tamales.

I'm envious of you ****ers that have sisters, mothers, girlfriends, and wives that cook up authentic dishes like that regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I really need to brush up on my Mexican cuisine skills.

I'm a pretty awesome all-around cook whether I'm cooking Chinese or just grilling steaks and chicken breasts, but I've never had the time to dedicate to cooking authentic Mexican food. I can make some gnarly burritos, taquitos, and nachos, but I'm talking real Mexican dishes. Stuff like pozole and tamales.

I'm envious of you ****ers that have sisters, mothers, girlfriends, and wives that cook up authentic dishes like that regularly.
        It's not easy and not easy to make RIGHT. Mole especially is something that is really tough and Mexicans are really picky about. There's literally dozens of types of Mole's and depending on what part of Mexico you are from, it changes the way you prepare it.

I miss good Mole.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          It's not easy and not easy to make RIGHT. Mole especially is something that is really tough and Mexicans are really picky about. There's literally dozens of types of Mole's and depending on what part of Mexico you are from, it changes the way you prepare it.

I miss good Mole.
          That's why I never really took it up : The difficulty and preparation that goes into some of the classic Mexican dishes is ****ing insane.

In all honesty, I'd rather pull my pubes out with a pair of pliers than go through all the effort it takes to make Mole - For all I know I'd make it totally ****ty and think it was awesome because I've never had the real deal.

Do you have any suggestions for authentic Mexican dishes that are easier to prepare?

Comment

Can't give you any more green. New England you love to fuk with me don't you...

well, i do try and spread the boom out among all of my bscene homies, but yes. you've come under some fire lately

jokes are crimes of opportunity. there's just a lot of different angles to cover.

Comment

Sonoran hotdogs with a super cold Mexican Coke

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                That's why I never really took it up : The difficulty and preparation that goes into some of the classic Mexican dishes is ****ing insane.

In all honesty, I'd rather pull my pubes out with a pair of pliers than go through all the effort it takes to make Mole - For all I know I'd make it totally ****ty and think it was awesome because I've never had the real deal.

Do you have any suggestions for authentic Mexican dishes that are easier to prepare?
                A good dish to start out with that can be easier to make is tamales. Once you get the corn meal down, and then find a good filler, you will get the hang of it. You will need the right pot to steam them in.

They aren't hard to make, just time consuming (like most Mexican dishes). I like the pork one's the best, with either a red or green sauce.

Comment

A good dish to start out with that can be easier to make is tamales. Once you get the corn meal down, and then find a good filler, you will get the hang of it. You will need the right pot to steam them in.

They aren't hard to make, just time consuming (like most Mexican dishes). I like the pork one's the best, with either a red or green sauce.
                  I definitely want to be able to add tamales to my list of stuff that I cook exceptionally well.

What about you, Cuauh? Are you known to get down in the kitchen from time to time, or does running the gym and training your fighters take up too much of your time?

Comment

They've posted two of my Favorites, Sopes and Posole

here's a couple of other favorites

Birria de Res (no chivo for me)

Ceviche de Camaron

Tortas ahogadas

Comment

guys btw i can't tell you how much it sucked reading this thread while attempting to eat cheerios this morning

Comment

Working...
                      X