Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS4 widely expected to be unveiled this evening! (no bull****).

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I'm not a YLOD expert, because I have the 80gb fat version and the 160gb slim, neither of them of ever went through the YLOD. But doesn't swapping the hard drive mean all your sh-t is gone?
    yea pretty much. but good thing i had it backed up on an external drive.

i have 2 60gb launch ps3s. only 1 had that overheating problem due to dust.

Comment

With a $400 something price tag, looks like they're not going to do any backward compatibility or expensive plastic or chrome finish. It would have been cool to play PS3 games on it, so I won't have to be switching systems.
      Not necessarily, Hardware like drives and processors are much cheaper these days... 2 TB's is almost the same cost as 20gbs 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
        What did they do wrong?
        Im not gonna discuss consoles with a troll/fanboy. Sorry bro. I know how you are, and Im not interested in reading your rhetoric.

People that were around from the beginning know what Im talking about. There was quite a few things Sony could have done better around launch and the first couple years after. Many are much better now, but I have no interest in a conversation with you.

Google it.

Comment

Yellow Light of Death.
          Its not even that really that I was referring to. Hardware failures happen... I wont bash either over that.

I think the article Ill link below sums up a good amount of it. Like I said in that other post, I think theyve gotten ALOT better since, but man it was looking dark for them for awhile.

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/crapgamer/515209

Comment

Fuark, was just about to buy a ps3. Guess ill wait a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
              Im not gonna discuss consoles with a troll/fanboy. Sorry bro. I know how you are, and Im not interested in reading your rhetoric.

People that were around from the beginning know what Im talking about. There was quite a few things Sony could have done better around launch and the first couple years after. Many are much better now, but I have no interest in a conversation with you.

Google it.
              I wasn't even trolling you this time.

It was a genuine question but I can not disagree with what you have said.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                I wasn't even trolling you this time.

It was a genuine question but I can not disagree with what you have said.
                Im just avoiding what I see as the likely future scenario. I apologize for being snappy.

Comment

It's all good, I do troll you and it is to be expected. I can be a dick, but I don't know much on PS3 etc... back then I was too poor to get one straight away, plus I was not into games.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    Fuark, was just about to buy a ps3. Guess ill wait a little longer
                    youve never owned one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                      Its not even that really that I was referring to. Hardware failures happen... I wont bash either over that.

I think the article Ill link below sums up a good amount of it. Like I said in that other post, I think theyve gotten ALOT better since, but man it was looking dark for them for awhile.

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/crapgamer/515209
                      As far as graphics if some games looked better on the xbox
                      vs the ps3 or were similar that's on the company making
                      the game.

Further its well documented how Microsoft dumbed down
                      the industry and threatens or blackmails gaming
                      companies from releasing better versions on the PS3.
                      Microsoft basically states the game must be at the very
                      least equal to Sony's or they have the right not to release it
                      on the 360 meaning millions of lost dollars for said
                      gaming company. Microsoft really Fd up the entire game industry.

Comment

Working...
                      X