Five beats one - Air Jordan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Nice article Cuz!

On a side note I met a guy named Conrado last week that was originally from the Philippines. He was out to fix a internet problem I had. We actuallly talked about Manny and Donaire for a couple hours after he was done. A bit off topic but when I seen the name of the author it came to mind.
    Haha all conrado's I know are smart people.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
      Prof ano problema neto? Kufal ah pede kaya papulahin yan

trans : What's with this dude prof? it seems he hates intelligent posters here
      Wag na lang natin pansinin ang kumag nayan. Gusto lang mang asar ng hindut at hindi ko pinapatulan ehehehehe.

Trans: The best way to react to an insult is... yes, tolerance.

Comment

I think a lot of the GOAT time talk is futile.

But it's not like Jordan just fell into being a global imprint. He had to work his ass off to reach the top. It wasn't only the staggering physical talent, but his mental toughness.

I've stated it before, but just look at this stat line.

32.5 points per game.

8.0 rebounds per game.

8.0 assists per game.

3 steals per game.

53% field goal percentage.

The Big Os triple double season is the only one that can compete in my mind for total versatility as far as total stats.

I sometimes feel like I'm getting old having to explain Jordan's greatness to some on here.

He wasn't a "fluke".

He wasn't "over rated".

He was gawdamn Michael Jordan.

Comment

Duncan>>>Lebron and Kobe

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

But it's not like Jordan just fell into being a global imprint. He had to work his ass off to reach the top. It wasn't only the staggering physical talent, but his mental toughness.

32.5 points per game.

8.0 rebounds per game.

8.0 assists per game.

3 steals per game.

The Big Os triple double season is the only one that can compete in my mind for total versatility as far as total stats.

I sometimes feel like I'm getting old having to explain Jordan's greatness to some on here.

He wasn't a "fluke".

He wasn't "over rated".

*sigh*

Nostalgia

Comment

32.5 points per game.

8.0 rebounds per game.

8.0 assists per game.

3 steals per game.

He wasn't a "fluke".

He wasn't "over rated".

Green K... Oh wait, I just maxed out.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                Green K... Oh wait, I just maxed out.
                That's fine.

Just promise me to red k Tua, and we will be even.

Comment

That's fine.

Just promise me to red k Tua, and we will be even.
                  Do i have to give you a green k and give tua red or do I give you a green K or give tua a red k?

Comment

32.5 points per game.

8.0 rebounds per game.

8.0 assists per game.

3 steals per game.

He wasn't a "fluke".

He wasn't "over rated".

I know Jordan since the game winner at NC.

I saw how he dominated LA for the gold.

I saw how he came back from injury to an incredible 37ppg in 87

I saw everything up to Washington.

BUT it is still not possible to declare anyone as the greatest of ALL TIME because the game continues to evolve.

What kind of game will Wilt have if he saw guys like Kareem, Hakeem and Duncan do the pivot. or how big guys like Shaq and Howard slams it home everytime.

New guys learn from old guys.

Jordan wont be Jordan it guys like Eligin Baylor and Julius Erving didnt renovated the game.

on pure career stats alone Wilt owns him without the shot blocks
                    on titles Russell owns him.

There is no such thing as greatest of all time. Jordan himself knows it because he knows the game. Are we telling ourselves that we know more basketball than Michael Jordan himself?

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                      I know Jordan since the game winner at NC.

I saw how he dominated LA for the gold.

I saw how he came back from injury to an incredible 37ppg in 87

I saw everything up to Washington.

BUT it is still not possible to declare anyone as the greatest of ALL TIME because the game continues to evolve.

What kind of game will Wilt have if he saw guys like Kareem, Hakeem and Duncan do the pivot. or how big guys like Shaq and Howard slams it home everytime.

New guys learn from old guys.

Jordan wont be Jordan it guys like Eligin Baylor and Julius Erving didnt renovated the game.

on pure career stats alone Wilt owns him without the shot blocks
                      on titles Russell owns him.

There is no such thing as greatest of all time. Jordan himself knows it because he knows the game. Are we telling ourselves that we know more basketball than Michael Jordan himself?

agreed on all points here, MJ learned from the greats of the past but there is gap that seperates him from them

i kinda agree on what Lebron says that sometimes titles is not the only factor that determines greatness, it's how much you learned then taking it on a different plateau

yes Russell has more titles & Wilt has greater stats but MJ brought a greater impact on the game

Comment

Working...
                      X