No announcement yet.

the pope quit for child rape???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    ****s are smart, who gonna cheat off of when the asian kid is out sick?
    I have my own Asian ****. I take him with me every where...he's small enough to fit in a small man purse. writes tests, keeps my laptop clean, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      Aided by the catholic church? The catholic church isnt some seperate entity, its a collection of people. Whatever problems you have with the church, isnt with the walls of the church, but the people in positions of power within the church.
      I don't understand what your point is then.

Why did you post about Lemaitre as if being a Catholic was important at all to what he did?
      He could have been Nordic and it wouldn't have mattered to his discoveries.

I'm not being an assh*ole for no reason I'm genuinely confused as to why you posted that. Unless I am missing something obvious.

When I say "Catholic Church" I don't intend to mean every Catholic, just the people in high positions. Sorry if that was put across bad that's how I've always expressed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I don't understand what your point is then.

Why did you post about Lemaitre as if being a Catholic was important at all to what he did?
        He could have been Nordic and it wouldn't have mattered to his discoveries.

I'm not being an assh*ole for no reason I'm genuinely confused as to why you posted that. Unless I am missing something obvious.

When I say "Catholic Church" I don't intend to mean every Catho;lic, just the people in high positions. Sorry if that was put across bad that's how I've always expressed it.
        I wasnt trying to make much of a point, just a claritying/correcting a claim made by squeelpiggy

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

We abolished slavery, we figured out the movement of the stars, defeated the nazis and the communists, invented parliamentary democracy, recognised the equality of races and elevated the status of women. All of these things not done by the church, nor even with the church's blessing. All of these things were done in spite of the Catholic church. Some of these things the church is still actively fighting against!

Society has progressed immeasurably, opposed at every turn by decrepit obscenely rich men in dresses who wanted to keep the world miserable and poor and stupid
        I just find it funny that whenever a priest molests a boy or something bad, its catholic church this and christian that. But whenever a priest does something 'good', its just an individual thing, i.e. not reflective on the church or christians.

Comment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

Definitely not arguing in favor of the catholic church, but just sayin
          Interestingly enough the BBT was proposed when the scientific consensus was the Steady State theory, or that the universe was eternal and unchanging. The Big Bang Theory gave the Church an opportunity to say "It WAS created, see? SCIENCE!"

If the scientific consensus was mud-man-and-rib-woman when LeMaitre proposed the Big Bang the Church would get all Vincenzo Maculani on his ass.

This is a nice illustration of the difference between science and religion. Science changes its position when new evidence (in this case the discovery of red-shift in distant astronomical objects) demands it. Religion scours science and enthusiastically adopts anything that seems to support it while violently suppressing anything which does not.

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Not all catholic priests are rapists. That's like saying all muslims are terrorists. And they are not molesters because of the catholic church or gods teaching. But with the worlds attitude towards gays is it a big surprise that many of them hide out in the church?
          I don't know how you managed to conflate ****sexuality with child rape. The issue I have with the catholic church is not that some of the priests (and higher) raped children. Some people are disgusting sexual predators and of course they will seek to find employment which grants them access to victims. The issue I have with the church itself is that it aggressively opposed any and all attempts to prosecute members of the clergy who were accused of raping children. See below.

I think a greater contributor is the position/attraction. Meaning, the position of being around the children attracts the pedophiles.

Theres alot of pedophiles in the school systems aswell. Not because the school turns out pedophiles, but because the position of being around little kids all the time attracts them to that job.
          Absolutely and that is why the church cannot be blamed for the abuse of children. It is the individual criminal who is to blame for that. But imagine a school which, upon learning of an allegation of a pupil being abused by a pederast tutor, threatened the child with public shaming if this is revealed and moved the teacher to another class where there wasn't yet a scandal.

That's what the church did. It considered its reputation to be more valuable than the safety of children in its care and that is an unforgivable sin.

Interestingly it is this obsession with its own reputation, more than the regressive nature of its teachings, more than the obscenity of its wealth, more than its ideological atrocity of opposing condoms as a solution for the AIDS pandemic, it it the obsession with reputation that has left that reputation in tatters.

I wasnt trying to make much of a point, just a claritying/correcting a claim made by squeelpiggy
          The claim that the Catholic Church has fought against progress at every term is a correct one. Any aspect of human progress has been actively opposed by the church. You can point out one priest who happened to be a scientist (also you forgot about Gregor Mendel and genetics) but that does not make my assertion that the Catholic church opposes human progress wrong in any way.

I just find it funny that whenever a priest molests a boy or something bad, its catholic church this and christian that.
          There was one individual who did so much harm to children in the care of the church. One individual who was complicit in the cover-up of the sexual abuse of children, one individual with a position of autonomy who allowed, no demanded, such abuses cross his desk without lifting a finger to repair the damage. And that person is Josef Ratzinger. They made him pope.

Comment

Interestingly enough the BBT was proposed when the scientific consensus was the Steady State theory, or that the universe was eternal and unchanging. The Big Bang Theory gave the Church an opportunity to say "It WAS created, see? SCIENCE!"

If the scientific consensus was mud-man-and-rib-woman when LeMaitre proposed the Big Bang the Church would get all Vincenzo Maculani on his ass.

This is a nice illustration of the difference between science and religion. Science changes its position when new evidence (in this case the discovery of red-shift in distant astronomical objects) demands it. Religion scours science and enthusiastically adopts anything that seems to support it while violently suppressing anything which does not.
            Are there guilty parties....yes. Is the catholic church one of them.....yes. Other than that, i think you are painting too broad of strokes.

Absolutely and that is why the church cannot be blamed for the abuse of children. It is the individual criminal who is to blame for that. But imagine a school which, upon learning of an allegation of a pupil being abused by a pederast tutor, threatened the child with public shaming if this is revealed and moved the teacher to another class where there wasn't yet a scandal.
            I agree with everything youre getting at

That's what the church did. It considered its reputation to be more valuable than the safety of children in its care and that is an unforgivable sin.

Interestingly it is this obsession with its own reputation, more than the regressive nature of its teachings, more than the obscenity of its wealth, more than its ideological atrocity of opposing condoms as a solution for the AIDS pandemic, it it the obsession with reputation that has left that reputation in tatters.

The claim that the Catholic Church has fought against progress at every term is a correct one. Any aspect of human progress has been actively opposed by the chu;rch. You can point out one priest who happened to be a scientist (also you forgot about Gregor Mendel and genetics) but that does not make my assertion that the Catholic church opposes human progress wrong in any way.

There was one individual who did so much harm to children in the care of the church. One individual who was complicit in the cover-up of the sexual abuse of children, one individual with a position of autonomy who allowed, no demanded, such abuses cross his desk without lifting a finger to repair the damage. And that person is Josef Ratzinger. They made him pope.
            I agree man, theres nothing about the Catholic church that i care about. Its despicable, both in humanitarian ways and in theologian ways. Inb4 i start posting quotes from popes saying the pope takes the place of Jesus in the trinity, that the pope is God on earth, etc. Blasphemy anyone? Inb4 i continue posting Scriptures of all the b.s. they do, breaking scriptures and such.

Uh oh, watch out.

Brb, only God can forgive sins...oh wait, your local pedophole can forgive them aswell.

Brb...call no man your father.....oh wait, call your local pedophile father

Brb...Gods law cant be changed.....brb changing Gods law of the sabbath from saturday, to sunday.

Brb.....could do this all day

I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication (Revelation 17:4-5).

And those who really have a hair up their ass, study whay a woman represents. If anybody cares to know, ill share, but it wont be until tomorrow

Comment

Not suprised, sadly.

Comment

No more news on this subject?

Comment

i wouldnt be surprised, he has a scary resemblance to jerry sandusky.... everybody should watch the HBO documentary "mea maxima culpa, silence in the house of god" when he was just a cardinal he asked to have all the molesting cases directed to his desk, he knew every single sex case since 2002... and he helped cover them...

Comment

Gone backwards? Quite an amazing assertion.

We abolished slavery, we figured out the movement of the stars, defeated the nazis and the communists, invented parliamentary democracy, recognised the equality of races and elevated the status of women. All of these things not done by the church, nor even with the church's blessing. All of these things were done in spite of the Catholic church. Some of these things the church is still actively fighting against!

Society has progressed immeasurably, opposed at every turn by decrepit obscenely rich men in dresses who wanted to keep the world miserable and poor and stupid, because only the miserable and the poor and the stupid will buy their platitudes in servitude and in actual valuables.
                    what does technological advances have to do with the church refusing to change century old traditions and believes for a society who yes has gone backwards! When people like Kim Kardashian and Lady Gagy have power over millions of people, our society has lost it. When males start thinking it's ok to stick their genitals in another's male anus, that's backwards. Tight azz jeans to where you can barely fit into them, that's backwards. Purple hair? Tattoos all over your face? Amazing divorce and infidelity rates? Corruption like never before seen all over the world. Greed and evil run this world and our society idolizes people like the Kardashians and lady gaga, yet have no idea who lets say Dilma Rousseff or Jill Abramson is.

yet a church is supposed to throw everything they believe in out the window to cater to this entitled, selfish, sex driven, money hungry society?

Comment

I don't know how you managed to conflate ****sexuality with child rape. The issue I have with the catholic church is not that some of the priests (and higher) raped children. Some people are disgusting sexual predators and of course they will seek to find employment which grants them access to victims. The issue I have with the church itself is that it aggressively opposed any and all attempts to prosecute members of the clergy who were accused of raping children. See below.

The claim that the Catholic Church has fought against progress at every term is a correct one. Any aspect of human progress has been actively opposed by the church. You can point out one priest who happened to be a scientist (also you forgot about Gregor Mendel and genetics) but that does not make my assertion that the Catholic church opposes human progress wrong in any way.

Yet scientist create atomic bombs and missiles that are intended to kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Alfred Nobel created the bomb

Tuskegee Study was pretty bad don't you think?

Scientist go to 3rd world countries to test out their studies on the poor helpless people killing thousands in the process

Yet if all anyone did was listen to you, they'd think scientists are the best thing ever created.

Comment

Working...
                      X