Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion vs Science How does it all add up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not aware of the puddle analogy but when I think of the scale of the universe, how things started off, and to even how our planet is situated in the solar system with the moon, it is all pretty amazing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
      I am not aware of the puddle analogy but when I think of the scale of the universe, how things started off, and to even how our planet is situated in the solar system with the moon, it is all pretty amazing to me.
      Imagine a puddle of water that gains sentience. It looks around itself and marvels about how perfectly the indentation fits its form, how every contour of the ground perfectly conforms to the shape of the liquid within and the puddle says "Surely this indentation was created by god, just for me."

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Certainly an indication of atrocious design, if design is what you're arguing for.
        Well, im worn out from seeing life, time to go take a nap

Comment

[QUOTE=akScoundrel;13030386]
          And yet data suggests that it all fits into a greater design, sacred geometry. By this, data suggesting the entire universe is a fractal, its hard to argue there is no orginization to the universe. Im not sure why anything you said here speaks to an imperfect universe.
          What data or sacred geometry is this? It isn't hard to argue that there isn't organization, there is in most of the universe we see but that doesn't remotely point to a creator. It's just filling in the gap with something we can't see or demonstrate.

We see perfectly fine, no? And perhaps death wasnt a part of a designers initial creation?
          So this all powerful creator made a mistake? I thought he/it was omnipotent, that he was incapable of making mistakes. The truth is, the Bible like the Quran and every other holy book is filled with so many inconsistencies it's embarrassing.

And by what standard do you compare perfection to?
          Perfection means no flaws, looking at our eyes alone, our digestive tract, the fact we have evolved OUT of different organs we are far from perfect or perfectly designed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

What data or sacred geometry is this? It isn't hard to argue that there isn't organization, there is in most of the universe we see but that doesn't remotely point to a creator. It's just filling in the gap with something we can't see or demonstrate.
            Already been posted on page one

So this all powerful creator made a mistake? I thought he/it was omnipotent, that he was incapable of making mistakes. The truth is, the Bible like the Quran and every other holy book is filled with so many inconsistencies it's embarrassing.
            What mistake did he make?

Perfection means no flaws, looking at our eyes alone, our digestive tract, the fact we have evolved OUT of different organs we are far from perfect or perfectly designed.
            To put your statement, and my rebuttal, in analogy form, did this chevelle come out of the manufacturing line looking like this?

Last edited by ~AK49~; 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=akScoundrel;13031292]
              Already been posted on page one
              It's still not proof of a god.

What mistake did he make?
              You said that maybe we weren't intended for death? Yet we die, oh wait, the eternal thing that there's no proof of.

To put your statement, and my rebuttal, in analogy form, did this chevelle come out of the manufacturing line looking like this?
              Oh that watchmaker argument....

So basically.."Look at the trees, animals, trees. How can something so complex and so beautifully designed just come from nothing? There must be a god then"

LOL, one small analogy for man, one giant leap in logic.....

Comment

Comment

It's still not proof of a god.
                  Who said it was proof of a God/creator? I said it was a matter of interpretation, potential evidence of how (rules, ratios, math, etc), regardless if you like the thought or not. And its potential that god does not exist, regardless if i like it or not.

You said that maybe we weren't intended for death? Yet we die, oh wait, the eternal thing that there's no proof of.
                  The irony of self proclaimed scientific minds....

"Wait....you mean to tell me the earth is round? Gtfo with that ****, there is no proof that the earth is round"

Oh that watchmaker argument....

So basically.."Look at the trees, animals, trees. How can something so complex and so beautifully designed just come from nothing? There must be a god then"

LOL, one small analogy for man, one giant leap in logic.....
                  Says the person who cant address the point/argument and must resort to an ad hominem?

Comment

[QUOTE=akScoundrel;13031645]
                    Who said it was proof of a God/creator? I said it was a matter of interpretation, potential evidence of how (rules, ratios, math, etc), regardless if you like the thought or not. And its potential that god does not exist, regardless if i like it or not.
                    You said it's evidence of a creator. Look, we can play this game all day long but it's a waste of time. If you believe you believe, but just don't make gigantic leaps of logic because you find some order in the universe. It's not evidence of anything.

The irony of self proclaimed scientific minds....

"Wait....you mean to tell me the earth is round? Gtfo with that ****, there is no proof that the earth is round"
                    You made the claim not me....lol

Says the person who cant address the point/argument and must resort to an ad hominem?
                    I'm not insulting you, I'm just laughing at you're circular arguments. I don't know if there is a creator or a god, when I get real evidence of it, I will be the first one to acknowledge his/it's existence.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Which planet is that then?
                      Mars.

Comment

Working...
                      X