Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We believe in air and gravity. Why can't we believe in a creator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
    i dont get why some people are so opposed to religion and God. at the very least, acknowledge that the Bible is full of ways to live life, and to look forward to to something after you die. Jesus taught nothing but love and peace. AT THE VERY LEAST, acknowledge that and say its a great thing. dont hate on it

and if/when you do acknowledge Jesus and what he preached was good, your belief in God will start from there
    Like getting your parent drunk and having sex with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
      Why religion so bad? Without religion how will kids and adults know what's bad or good in life? Children need religion until they become adults than they could decide what to believe in.
      Bull****, people are born with an internal knowing of right and wrong.

Our 5 year old doesn't even know what religion is, but he knows right from wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't say they were born knowing what's right and wrong, it's how they're raised which creates their moral code. Religion being needed to guide those down the path of right and wrong is horseshit though.

Our laws and rules today were thought out by logical discussion and not based on a 2000 year old book, if that were the case then stoning and death for apostasy would be accepted. Hell, they even burnt 'witches' at the stake and thought nothing of it.

No one is born religious but children are impressionable, a smack around the head doesn't compare to eternal torture at the hands of a God who loves you and demands you love him back.. or else.

Confucius is a good example of morality without the need for religion and that was 500 years before anyone had heard of Christ.

Comment

this thread is bringing the laughs. Thanks!

Is it even possible to go 3 years in school and fail to learn about "air" and gravity?

Comment

Speak for yourself. I don't believe in air, nor do I believe in gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I wouldn't say they were born knowing what's right and wrong, it's how they're raised which creates their moral code. Religion being needed to guide those down the path of right and wrong is horseshit though.

Our laws and rules today were thought out by logical discussion and not based on a 2000 year old book, if that were the case then stoning and death for apostasy would be accepted. Hell, they even burnt 'witches' at the stake and thought nothing of it.

No one is born religious but children are impressionable, a smack around the head doesn't compare to eternal torture at the hands of a God who loves you and demands you love him back.. or else.

Confucius is a good example of morality without the need for religion and that was 500 years before anyone had heard of Christ.
              I wish that's how it worked. Prison-industrial Complex.

Comment

How come my cat knows its wrong to pee on the carpet? She knows not of religion

Comment

It's laughable to think religion is the only (or even the best) tool to learn about morality and ethics.

Comment

I believe humans have some sort of basic ethics ingrained when born. I don't think a 5 year old would go and try to kill another 5 year old out of nothing if he had not been taught it's wrong. Maybe i'm wrong. If you let a kid out in the wild with the jungle cats he probably would try to kill at first sight if he managed to survive. No idea actually.

But the major part is definitely conditioning. They learn from observing the other humans and from getting disciplined by their parents (no! don't bite that dogs tail!)
                    Kids that grow up in a violent environment and is abused will have a far skewed moral compass than those that don't.

Comment

I bet I can live longer without god than you can live without air.

Comment

Working...
                      X