Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will humans out grow religion and belief in god?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    it was in reponse to squelpiggy question.
    ...but what point were you trying to make?

I know what you're saying, I just wanted to see you write it. You're saying that because you can't disprove something, that it must be real. It's amazing that we even know about black holes, let alone being able to identify them.

It was only 20 years ago that MS-DOS was created, 100 years ago we were inventing cars. 300 years ago some civilizations were still worshipping the Sun as a God.

My point is that in another 50 years, what is cutting edge discoveries now will be seen as the norm then. I assume you're young, probably around my age - less than 25? Could you imagine growing up without a mobile phone or computer, colour TV?

Well I'm sure your parents can and did, go back even further... You get the idea.

Comment

I have a feeling something extremely stupid is about to be said.

You also cant measure a black hole in the universe .
      There it is.

Sixth sense detects other dimensions.
      Oh and another.

Faith lies in the sixth sense. That is the Channel God uses
      This post just gives and gives!

Alright firstly we can detect black holes. Can we measure them? Not precisely. They're far away. That doesn't put the existence of black holes on a par with the existence of magic (after all, that's what you're arguing for here). I can't measure cheese that is in the next town. That doesn't mean the cheese is magic. I would just have to go there.

Next what dimensions does this sixth sense measure? What are the properties of these dimensions? Bearing in mind that reality is not like comic books.

Thirdly what led you to the conclusion that this sixth sense is the "channel that God uses"? It isn't in any holy book and it certainly isn't science. In fact it has all the hallmarks of being pulled out of your arse. Was it?

Anyway it seems the answer to my question "Can we detect it?" is "No."

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      It's interesting that you talk about a sixth sense. There was a recent study done on it, by scientists. It was a lagit study and what they found was very interesting.

They did many tests, but the one that stood out to me was the one where they had people blindfolded and then had other people look at them or stand behind them at a distance where they couldn't be detected in any way.

The success rate for people that "guessed" when people were looking at them or standing behind that was very high. I think it was avg at about 60+ percent. Which the scientists conducting the tests said was too high to be random results.

They also said it was not some magical "sixth sense" but in fact the bodies ability to detect the electrical aura that every human has around them. It could be that there's something in the brain that detects other aura's so to speak but we just don't know how to measure it.
      I've heard of this story and from what I recall the study was poorly controlled and was not double blinded.

you call it aura i call it faith.
      Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -- Mark Twain

Science just proves that God exists. they give it a different name.
      Is it the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I call it miracle science calls it violating the laws of nature.
      What exactly violates the laws of nature here? The sixth sense that we can't detect or measure or in any way interact with?

Science continue to try to find the missing puzzles but those missing puzzles arent meant to be found.
      Oh right. Someone better tell science to pack it in now.

"Hey science, we've found out everything we're allowed to find out, everything else left we're not meant to know. Yep. It's true, kid on the internet said so. Alright. Yep, you can go home now, science is finished."

It takes more than intelligence.
      Apparently.

It take something God given.
      Plague? Fire? Flood?

Comment

you seen marquez start to get going and throw two uppercuts at once? it's usually a few rounds after he gets his clock cleaned for the first time in the fight and gets dropped.

there's a god. he just ko6'd manny pacquiao, and is probably sitting on a mexican beach, wearing his dick sombrero

Comment

No piggy it was a lagit study and verified by many people that are respected in the scientific community. I don't think it proves god of that it shows something as fact.

I think it just shows one of many things that can't be explained or measured in a way that we want to. That doesn't mean it's god, it just means we haven't figured out what it is or how to detect it.

I know this isn't scientific but I have had that feeling may times, where I can "feel" someone staring at me or standing in the room with me. I'm sure you have to.

Comment

The answer is of course never

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you seen marquez start to get going and throw two uppercuts at once? it's usually a few rounds after he gets his clock cleaned for the first time in the fight and gets dropped.

there's a god. he just ko6'd manny pacquiao, and is probably sitting on a mexican beach, wearing his dick sombrero

That pic was legendary, Kllerman was talking to him and he was naked with a sombrero on his c.ock.

It said "I'm the fukin man, I beat the great Pacman and you are literally a few centimeters of fabric away from my penis."

Comment

Manny Pacquiao lost to a god, no shame in that.

Anyway, when will people stop believing in religion? Never, religion is a multi-quadrillion dollar company.

Comment

God is real and we need to stop thinking we are the creators of everything

Comment

I would say 100 years.

Comment

A large part of the western world is secular. It's mostly USA and third world nations that are heavily religious.

Comment

Working...
                      X