Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all american athletes genetically superior superhumans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    Lol I hope you are trolling and not this insanely ignorant.
    They aren't.......

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      You know you live in a great country when people of others, not all (just the bitter ones), have to go to such lengths to discredit it.

If it wasn't for Americans and Russians, the Brit's would be speaking German right now.
      and that means what exactly in this discussion?

No one has denied you are and were a superpower... Ofcourse if you had turned up on time to the war then you might have been able to prevent the deaths of a few million people but who cares about that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        and that means what exactly in this discussion?

No one has denied you are and were a superpower... Ofcourse if you had turned up on time to the war then you might have been able to prevent the deaths of a few million people but who cares about that right?
        See this is my problem with my country.....we have to be the world's police or some s**t. It's stupid, we have enough issues here at home.

The last war that we should have gotten involved in was Korea. Everything since has been a mistake that's cost the lives of thousands of Americans.

Comment

I would also like to thank the Brits for the advent of Chobham armor, which has been used in the Abrams battle tank.

Comment

I would like to thank the Brit's for Daniel Day-Lewis. GREAT actor.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              One of the things you have to bear in mind is that Americans take nationalism to dizzying heights and will stop at nothing to have something to brag about. And by "stop at nothing" I mean "invent their own sports that no-one else plays so that they can be perpetual world champions".

American football, baseball, friggin NASCAR. Then you get the really bullshit stats. "Yo DeBrawn Brickoshay can run da freakin 40 yard dash in freakin 5 SECONDS! No rugby player can do dat USA USA!"

Quite right. No rugby player would ever attempt it. It isn't a useful metric for any non-North American sport and it certainly wouldn't help you in a game when you have to run non-stop for two 40 minute halves. Not only do players of American football get a two minute break literally every 20 seconds, they also have about 900 players on a team who they are allowed to switch whenever they want.
              To be fair, baseball is a world sport. Players from all around the world aspire to be good enough to make it to the league, and some are and do. By this, there is some merit in saying world champions.

Comment

It just seems as if a ton of Europeans have some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the United States.
                That's exactly what it is in this case.

Hatton vs Mayweather

Froch vs Ward

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Climate, resources, luck, good age demographic, take your pick?
                  Hahahaha, had to laugh at that one....

[QUOTE=squealpiggy;13022920]

You're... no. Surely not. Are you? You're claiming that the United States invented capitalism?
                  Nope, never said that, now your putting words into my mouth. It's the version of capitalism that was so successful in America.

If you read my post you would see why. Because America had a large and resource-rich and relatively unpopulated landmass that it acquired just as the Industrial Revolution was getting underway, and it came of age during a ruinous world war that essentially bankrupted the whole of Europe.
                  And that's exclusive to America? There's no natural resources in Africa, Asia or Europe? It came because of the work ethic, system and the people of America.

What system did the US invent? I know that your version of history is out of whack with reality, but seriously.
                  I never said America invented any system, you said America wasn't that innovative, that's absurd. It seems Americans just managed to do everything by sheer luck. Man, for a country full of idiots, we sure have accomplished a lot.

Maybe you should list all of the accomplishments and then I can cross off the ones that were not made by Americans.

Here is a short list of basic technologies that were not pioneered by Americans and yet all subsequent American prosperity and innovation were reliant upon them:

Steam power -- Britain
                  Electricity -- Britain, Germany
                  the Telegraph -- Europe and later the US
                  the Telephone -- A scotsman living in Canada who filed a patent in the US

Anything else?

You want to go back 400 years now? Let's.

Go back to the year 1613 then. This is over 150 years before the invention of the reliable ship's chronometer. By the French.

Americans claim to be innovative but like to claim the innovations of immigrants as unique to themselves. As I stated the United States due to cheap land and resources offered something less available in Europe and that was the opportunity to innovate. Not because of a clever new political and economic system. Because they had more space, more resources and less people. And, this bears repeating, an explosion of wealth after Europe bankrupted itself in the First World War.
                  Yet it made all of those inventions better. For example, Americans didn't invent the car but they sure managed to mass produce it and make it a force in their economy. You're right, Americans didn't invent or innovate anything in the world, it's a bunch of blind rats who just got lucky time and time again.

The reason the US does poorly at football is because the college system is entrenched in American sports. An American who shows athletic promise goes to college on an athletic scholarship, represents the college in the (grotesquely) commercial NCAA system and then upon graduation stands to be drafted into a team.

In the rest of the world things are different. The major sporting clubs (not "franchises" -- It's sport, not fast food. Though Americans can be forgiven for not knowing the difference) all have academies. They are expected to. What happens at these academies is that they will scout for youngsters on "pee-wee" teams or school teams. A youngster with promise will be asked to try out at a club's academy. The club will provide equipment and high level coaching for promising young players and develop them. Some will make it through the ranks and become squad players, some will be scouted by other teams and purchased to play for them, some will drop out. The difference is that by the time a top American player has graduated from the NCAA system and can turn pro, a top European might have already been playing for a top flight team for five or six years.

Wayne Rooney had been playing for Everton and Manchester United for five years by the age that Claudio Reyna first laced up his boots as a professional. That's why Americans aren't good at "soccer".
                  Wrong, Americans don't do good in soccer because it's not culturally supported here. You have to want to be good at something and have the best athletes in the country try out for that sport. The MLS is a joke compared to other leagues in the world, most Americans stop playing soccer at about age 13 or so, right before they go into high school.

Culture has everything to do with it, it's why Jamaica is so good at sprinting, it's because they have made it a part of their identity. Very few people in America care about soccer, even though millions play it, after a certain age it's doesn't have the same impact as other American sports.

Comment

You know you live in a great country when people of others, not all (just the bitter ones), have to go to such lengths to discredit it.

If it wasn't for Americans and Russians, the Brit's would be speaking German right now.
                    If it wasn't for the French the Americans would be speaking English right now. Seriously the rules on the use of apostrophes are not complicated at all.

Oh and the main American contribution in the European theatre of World War II was the lend-lease. Sure they managed to not quite botch D-Day on Omaha, thanks for that, but really it was lending us stuff that made the difference on the Western front.

Did this anti-American stuff from Brit's just start the past 50 years....or has it really been going on since you got your ass kicked out of here over 200 years ago???
                    Again your knowledge of history is atrocious but it's also sadly typical. The British withdrew from the neonatal United States after the French pressured a far more valuable asset, India. In the 100 years following American independence the British empire grew to unprecedented size and influence. Hardly the behaviour of an entity with its tail between its legs as you silly Yanks so often like to portray the Empire.

If you judge by a US version of history the British lost the revolutionary war and went into an inexorable decline ever since. But the reality is that following the revolutionary war the British Empire became the richest and most populous in history, defeated Napoleon and developed a navy of incredible size and professionalism that was employed not in the engagement of wars, but in the enforcement of peace and commerce.

The version of history that is taught and promoted in the US is pure fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      Lol I hope you are trolling and not this insanely ignorant.

There is some big time inferiority complex going on in here. Let me just say something to the euro posters that obsess over America.

Please stop crying about everything America is doing, because I assure you we dont care at all what you are doing.

I'll wait for the typical 'fat yank' response even though I'm in better shape than probably all of you
                      So you deny that those had any effect? No obviously its cos America just is better than everyone else right? No point trying to look at why we got to this position cos we are America and we is da best

We dont have an Inferiority complex, you have a superiority complex. Any slight criticism or explaination of your success leaves some of you in a fit of rage and declaring everyone else 'bitter' and 'butthurt'.

Your success is explainable and normal considering the factors that existed in the past century. Same as when the Britain was on top in the Century before and France for periods, and Spain before them. You are nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                      X