Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all american athletes genetically superior superhumans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    If it wasn't for the French the Americans would be speaking English right now. Seriously the rules on the use of apostrophes are not complicated at all.

Oh and the main American contribution in the European theatre of World War II was the lend-lease. Sure they managed to not quite botch D-Day on Omaha, thanks for that, but really it was lending us stuff that made the difference on the Western front.

Again your knowledge of history is atrocious but it's also sadly typical. The British withdrew from the neonatal United States after the French pressured a far more valuable asset, India. In the 100 years following American independence the British empire grew to unprecedented size and influence. Hardly the behaviour of an entity with its tail between its legs as you silly Yanks so often like to portray the Empire.

If you judge by a US version of history the British lost the revolutionary war and went into an inexorable decline ever since. But the reality is that following the revolutionary war the British Empire became the richest and most populous in history, defeated Napoleon and developed a navy of incredible size and professionalism that was employed not in the engagement of wars, but in the enforcement of peace and commerce.

The version of history that is taught and promoted in the US is pure fantasy.
    So you are still bitter about that....even though it was over 200 years ago, and neither of us were alive???

And this is country has more influence worldwide than the British. Sorry.....we've done pretty good for a country full of fat idiots. If we're a country full of fat idiots....what does that make you???
    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-11-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      So you deny that those had any effect? No obviously its cos America just is better than everyone else right? No point trying to look at why we got to this position cos we are America and we is da best

We dont have an Inferiority complex, you have a superiority complex. Any slight criticism or explaination of your success leaves some of you in a fit of rage and declaring everyone else 'bitter' and 'butthurt'.

Your success is explainable and normal considering the factors that existed in the past century. Same as when the Britain was on top in the Century before and France for periods, and Spain before them. You are nothing special.
      You take that back.

I'm my own special fat yank snowflake.

Comment

Basically America sucks, everything it's accomplished in military power, economic power, medicine, technology, space exploration, level of universities, a Constitution that has been copied in one way or the other by other countries.....

I mean, how the fuk did a bunch of fatties with no education accomplish all these things? Man, Americans got real lucky I guess.

Also, isn't insulting Americans the same as insulting Europeans? It was mostly people of English, french and German blood that were the reason for the success of this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          You take that back.

I'm my own special fat yank snowflake.
          ok ill take it back, you are special...

And your pronography, not sure what id do without it

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
            Did anyone else catch the "If it wasn't for the French, AMERICANS WOULD BE SPEAKING ENGLISH RIGHT NOW" line???? Classic....
            I don't think you get the subtlety of the line.

He is saying that we don't speak English. The proper Queens, as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners
              Did anyone else catch the "If it wasn't for the French, AMERICANS WOULD BE SPEAKING ENGLISH RIGHT NOW" line???? Classic....
              I take it you missed the apostrophe joke he made after, it's ok it may have been a little complex for some...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                One of the things you have to bear in mind is that Americans take nationalism to dizzying heights and will stop at nothing to have something to brag about. And by "stop at nothing" I mean "invent their own sports that no-one else plays so that they can be perpetual world champions".

American football, baseball, friggin NASCAR. Then you get the really bullshit stats. "Yo DeBrawn Brickoshay can run da freakin 40 yard dash in freakin 5 SECONDS! No rugby player can do dat USA USA!"

Quite right. No rugby player would ever attempt it. It isn't a useful metric for any non-North American sport and it certainly wouldn't help you in a game when you have to run non-stop for two 40 minute halves. Not only do players of American football get a two minute break literally every 20 seconds, they also have about 900 players on a team who they are allowed to switch whenever they want.

Yea it's just an American thing. Stupidest thing you've ever posted Piggy, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  I take it you missed the apostrophe joke he made after, it's ok it may have been a little complex for some...
                  Missed it, apologies to Piggy. Must have been reading to quick.

I guess that's British humor for ya......

Comment

I see some people are still bitter

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post

Yea it's just an American thing. Stupidest thing you've ever posted Piggy, seriously.
                      I don't know. He also tried to downplay 135,000 American dying in Europe during WW2, saying we only supplied them with stuff to make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X