No announcement yet.

Professional Soccer matches being fixed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
    It'll be mainly the poor European sides/leagues where it happens but with that said it wasn't that long ago that the Italian sides/league got done for it so it shows it could happen at the 'top' level.

I would be surprised if it happened at the top end of the PL or La Liga just because of the amount of money people are on there.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me what some people would/could do.

Be interesting to see which one's come out from this.
    Wasn't it the clubs that were involved in the match fixing in Italy though? This seems to be individual players getting paid so the group that pays them can screw over the bookies, like those cricketers did a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Wasn't it the clubs that were involved in the match fixing in Italy though? This seems to be individual players getting paid so the group that pays them can screw over the bookies, like those cricketers did a couple of years ago.
      There were some clubs and a few individuals too (I think). I think a few are still coming out about it now to be honest.

Be interesting to see how this pans out.

Comment

Diving means you're frail?

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
          Diving means you're frail?

Frail:Easily damaged or broken; fragile or insubstantial.

Players who dive: cheating ****s.

Comment

You must love Suarez

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
              You must love Suarez
              Brilliant player.

Comment

Irish league games get fixed now and then.

the players get paid about £150 a week and have other jobs so its not surprising.

There's been reports of bigger clubs in England being involved in betting scams, but they are things like who gets the 1st throw in, what time does the ball go out of play the 1st time at. Generally things that almost certainly wont affect the outcome of the match and both teams are involved (or players in both teams)

Snooker horse racing darts and rugby league are also rigged now and again in the UK.

But for a Premier League player(s) to be paid to actually lose games or concede goals would take a large part of money, much bigger than the sums being quoted. It wouldnt be worth their while

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  You have a UFC HW in your siggy... that is the gayest thing you could watch after a secret tape of Elton John and his man.

Boxing is hell of a lot less gay than MMA. Got anything to tell us Chow?

Nothing is put on hold son, apart from you coming out the closet, go and tell your family. Best not run now.
                  Hahaha once again you are commenting on a sport you don't even watch. Overeem is THE DEMOLITION MAN. He is a kickboxer, he kicks people and punches people in the face(which I guess by your standards is gay). Nice try buddy.

Now back to my question, what are you doing on this site, if it is gay?

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    Hahaha once again you are commenting on a sport you don't even watch. Overeem is THE DEMOLITION MAN. He is a kickboxer, he kicks people and punches people in the face(which I guess by your standards is gay). Nice try buddy.

Now back to my question, what are you doing on this site, if it is gay?
                    Does he demolish his own chin? He must be very good at it.

Why do you support a man who uses PED's in a combat sport, grabs other men as a profession and left his old team when he became big time?

As for this site being gay, when did I say BoxingScene was gay? Why you reaching son?

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      Does he demolish his own chin? He must be very good at it.

Why do you support a man who uses PED's in a combat sport, grabs other men as a profession and left his old team when he became big time?

As for this site being gay, when did I say BoxingScene was gay? Why you reaching son?
                      Bahaha Overeem got ktfo? I can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Gonna youtube it right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X