Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of bravado in here coming from guys whom I have a great amount of respect for, but I'm curious : How many of you guys have been legitimately close to death?

I don't need to hear the details of what it was that you went through, but I want to know how many of you have escaped it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I see a lot of bravado in here coming from guys whom I have a great amount of respect for, but I'm curious : How many of you guys have been legitimately close to death?

I don't need to hear the details of what it was that you went through, but I want to know how many of you have escaped it yourself.

i am a very good skier. i don't want to boast, but there are 200k people on this forum, and i seriously doubt there's a better skier than myself among them.

i've been in countless situations where a fall would equal serious injury or death. it would be pretty remarkable to come out of some of these situations without serious injuries, again, if you fall. they're called "no fall" zones or situations. don't fall.

if you ski it out it's gravy. you use your skills and your experience to maneuver two pieces of laminated wood with blades on them to make your way down a pitch that would be certain death to the layman. you come out without a scratch, but are you not still near death? it's a semantic discussion at this stage, but as a man who has been there, i do believe that i'm near death in those situations. i don't want to sound like i'm trying to be a badass, but the risk is why i'm out there.

additionally, if you develop the speed and are near any hazards (a tree,) you don't need to be on any gnarly terrain, brih. you can easily hit 50 mph on the right pair of skis. if you hit a tree you can be impaled by branches, or smash your dome. every serious skier knows somebody who has died, either directly or through friends.

hell, driving on the highway (something else with which i've got a ton of experience,) is dangerous as F. when cars hit heavy objects at 70 mph they break apart. a 3k lb vehicle might as well be made of paper at those speeds

Comment

Terrified. Hopefully it won't happen to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i am a very good skier. i don't want to boast, but there are 200k people on this forum, and i seriously doubt there's a better skier than myself among them.

i've been in countless situations where a fall would equal serious injury or death. it would be pretty remarkable to come out of some of these situations without serious injuries, again, if you fall. they're called "no fall" zones or situations. don't fall.

if you ski it out it's gravy. you use your skills and your experience to maneuver two pieces of laminated wood with blades on them to make your way down a pitch that would be certain death to the layman. you come out without a scratch, but are you not still near death? it's a semantic discussion at this stage, but as a man who has been there, i do believe that i'm near death in those situations. i don't want to sound like i'm trying to be a badass, but the risk is why i'm out there.

additionally, if you develop the speed and are near any hazards (a tree,) you don't need to be on any gnarly terrain, brih. you can easily hit 50 mph on the right pair of skis. if you hit a tree you can be impaled by branches, or smash your dome. every serious skier knows somebody who has died, either directly or through friends.

hell, driving on the highway (something else with which i've got a ton of experience,) is dangerous as F. when cars hit heavy objects at 70 mph they break apart. a 3k lb vehicle might as well be made of paper at those speeds
          Do you think Golovkin would be alright if he crashed into a tree at 80mph on skii's?

ggg ko1 tree?

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
            Not me. I look forward to "the great adventure".

If you don't fear death, why haven't you jumped in front of a train yet?

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
              If you don't fear death, why haven't you jumped in front of a train yet?
              That's like saying "If you don't fear heights why don't you hang from the edge of a cliff."

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                That's like saying "If you don't fear heights why don't you hang from the edge of a cliff."

If you don't fear death then go and kill yourself, what's stopping you?

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
                  If you don't fear death then go and kill yourself, what's stopping you?
                  One can not fear death and still enjoy life.

Comment

That iPhone has been rotting your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      Do you think Golovkin would be alright if he crashed into a tree at 80mph on skii's?

ggg ko1 tree?

and what if the tree has lucas matthysse's face on it?

Comment

Working...
                      X