Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO. Just the pain leading up to the death. Worst case scenario being one of those on your death bed, with no recovery possible.

I'd prefer a out-of-nowhere death at some old-age number 70 to 90. I.E. my grandfather died at 87 after eating dinner and going to sleep, never waking up again. Seems like the way to go out.

Comment

I question death every night.

Comment

Nope, not scared at all, I was up until a few months a go when some **** happened but now not at all, not suicidal or anything like that obviously just don't really care for much.
        Last edited by NChristo; 02-03-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I'm not afraid of death as such. I mean I'm disinclined to die any time soon but fearing it is pointless.

I agree with Derranged (sic). It's unsettling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            I think we are plugged into a simulator on a computer. When we die we actually wake up and get to live our real life.
            You took the blue pill and now Morfeo is waiting for you in the Matrix..

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              My fear about death is what happens afterward. I think everything just goes black. That's it. No thoughts, no visions, nothing. Infinite nothingness.

I don't care what anyone says, that's a bit unsettling.
              Yeah, it can be a bit unsettling, but I've made my peace with that.

Perhaps you just fear the stuff you're leaving behind. The majority, particularly the relatively young and healthy are not out preparing for their deaths, nor should they. If you have a bunch of **** that's not password protected/encrypted (who uses physical media these days) and something happens to where you're in your final moments of dying, you may start thinking "oh **** they are gonna find my ****ing stash and know how much of a perv I was". There's no way you're gonna get rid of your filthy stuff just in case you suddenly die! Hell no! You're gonna hold on to that shat.

But when you really think of it and you become worm food, it shouldn't matter what you leave behind, you're dead. If you're worried about your legacy and the fact that such findings would put a stain on your memory, well that's another thing. But then again, even your memory will eventually disappear (do you know of your great great great grand relatives?), unless you become on of the few infamous or celebrated humans whose memories continue to stay afloat...but that's a long shot, statistically speaking.

I wanna be found dead ****ing a Wampa Rug.

Comment

Do not fear death. Death is always at your side. When you show fear, it will spring at you faster than light. If you do not show fear, it will only gently watch over you.

Comment

Anyone who says they aren't afraid of death, and what comes next....is a f**king liar.

Does that mean I walk around afraid of life and dying all the time....no, but s**t....I don't want to die yet. And anyone who says they are ready to die and not afraid of it, are lying. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I think that most people who say they're not afraid of death have never truly been close to it. And I don't mean that they've never viewed it as an observer, I mean that they themselves have never been close to death.
                    This

people dont have near death experience and suddenly decide to change everything about their lives afterwards for nothing

Fear of death is what keeps you alive

Comment

I have no fear in death or dying so you are wrong. I look forward to it.

Nobody really dies anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X