Collapse
No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see no evidence of the existance of a god.

Until I do, I'm fairly certain there is none.

I was once a Christian but I found it unsatisfying with too much emphasis placed on faith and none on critical thinking.

Comment

Yes He is exist. Helped me many times . Just be patient and pray for him .

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        During the past year, I've changed from believing in God (although not religion) to becoming an athiest.

I now think God does not exist.

Do you agree or disagree?
        It doesn't make a difference. It's all relative anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Well sir, given that you are the one making the claim, it is you the carries the burden of proof.

I will however play along and give a cumulative case argument on why the existence of God (the Biblical one) is not likely.

1. The hiddenness of God

2. The success of science

3. The connection between minds and brains

4. Evolution

5. The abundance of pointless suffering.
          Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          You completely misunderstood what I am saying. I said it's a fact that the scientific method is a superior way of discerning truth compared to feeling and intuition.

I'm a banker by the way, but I am well aware of what the scientific method entails.

Strawmanning at it's finest. Did I say otherwise?

Why do you assume that the universe was created at all?

The laymen (you) meaning of the word theory and the scientific meaning of the word theory are two vastly different things.

A theory in science is the highest possible accolade. You are thinking that a theory can graduate into a fact. Or that theories become facts. Which is false. A theory in science, is an explanation of the facts. When a hypothesis graduates into a theory, it means that has withstood the bombardment of tests, experiments, peer review etc. trying to disprove it.

This is not even worth commenting on.

Yes humans are flawed and there's a ****-ton of things we do not know, but the way we discover things is not by plugging our gaps in knowledge with our favourite God.
          Ah a banker, well when you are a Scientist then come back to me on what is right or wrong.

I said I believe in God, a creator, don't bring up the Bible. I did not mention once, in any post here about a Biblical God. You replied to me, I did not reply to you.

Once again, when you do your own scientific research, you're more than welcome to offer me to read it.

Theory, tests, and facts. Is there a 100% Fact on how the Universe was created. Answer me that.

Comment

Remember ladies and gentlemen, I said I/my many times in my first post for a reason.

Deliveryman replied to me suggesting MY beliefs may be wrong.

I said I believe in a creator/God.

It's up to him, the gentlemen who replied to ME first to prove that MY belief is wrong.

So sir, what proof do you have that there is no Creator?

Comment

Welcome to the dark side Freedom. Of course I voted 'does not exist'.

However if we are talking about a Central System or Power that makes the ever expending Universe work the way it does, or that creates the ingredients out of thin air that make it possible for the Universe to exist; then I leave a tiny room of possibility. But that's not God, and you do not pray to it or have faith in it for whatever reason(s) (fear of death, hope for an afterlife).

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                But that's not God, and you do not pray to it or have faith in it for whatever reason(s) (fear of death, hope for an afterlife).

So we'r praying for fear of death and for life after death. You dont pray because you'r so brave ? is this the ?

: )

Comment

I believe in God.

My whole belief system was tremendously shaken the past 2 years. I am still learning and studying.

anybody who says or insinuate that he knows whats really up had stop learning and cant be relied upon about the real facts.

I believe there's a creator and people just have different ways of looking for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
                    So we'r praying for fear of death and for life after death. You dont pray because you'r so brave ? is this the ?

: )

You can pray because you wanna hit that jackpot on the next lottery, I don't give a ****. It's a distinction without a difference. However the two things I mentioned are central to praying and being an active member of a Religion & Faith in God.

Comment

I don't know who or what god is.

Comment

Working...
                      X