How do you rate Eminem as lyricist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piye View Post
    He is below average.
    Hahaha Wow man. I've heard it all. Even Eminem's biggest haters know he's dope. Name 5 emcee's that are lyrically better than Em, dead or alive???

Comment

Eminem is Garbage full stop he makes trash msic that appeals to trailer park trash. and now we have all of these non rap fans calling him an ATG these people who have not listened to much rap at all and don't know the origins of hip hop outside of google.

The guy is a below average rapper and does not have a classic album. no one over the age of 25 from the hip hop era rates Eminem as anything more than a gimmick.

Comment

Eminem is Garbage full stop he makes trash msic that appeals to trailer park trash. and now we have all of these non rap fans calling him an ATG these people who have not listened to much rap at all and don't know the origins of hip hop outside of google.

The guy is a below average rapper and does not have a classic album. no one over the age of 25 from the hip hop era rates Eminem as anything more than a gimmick.
        So basically, you don't like Eminem, generalizing his fan base, and making up statistics. Cool.

Comment

Eminem is probably one of the most well respected emcee's in the hip hop community. But you don't like him, it's cool.

You obviously don't know much as your biggest critique is...he's garbage. That may work with whack ass rappers like 2 Chainz, Ross, Wayne, etc. But it doesn't work with Em.

Name 5 emcee's you'd take over Em lyrically. And I'm 31 by the way.

Who are your favorite emcee's?

Oh and I've been a hip hop fan since I first heard Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet when I 9. Sure at the time, I was young and didn't know much about what they were talking about. But that's the album that first got me into hip hop.

The only people who don't Em his proper credit and respect for being one of the GOAT's are butt hurt african american fans that are upset a white boy could do what black people pioneered. And this is coming from an african american. I've seen way too many brothers hate on Em for simply being white and not acknowledging his skill.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

He's a ATG imo but depending on what type of rappers a person listens to, it's possible to name 5 rappers equal to him at the very least in terms of storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Eminem is probably one of the most well respected emcee's in the hip hop community. But you don't like him, it's cool.

You obviously don't know much as your biggest critique is...he's garbage. That may work with whack ass rappers like 2 Chainz, Ross, Wayne, etc. But it doesn't work with Em.

Name 5 emcee's you'd take over Em lyrically. And I'm 31 by the way.

Who are your favorite emcee's?

Oh and I've been a hip hop fan since I first heard Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet when I 9. Sure at the time, I was young and didn't know much about what they were talking about. But that's the album that first got me into hip hop.

The only people who don't Em his proper credit and respect for being one of the GOAT's are butt hurt african american fans that are upset a white boy could do what black people pioneered. And this is coming from an african american. I've seen way too many brothers hate on Em for simply being white and not acknowledging his skill.
              LMAO 31 and you don't know **** about hip hop; Common lyrically ****s on Em, Big L lyrically ****s on Em, Big Pun Lyrically ****s on Em, Rakim Lyrically ****s on Em, Guru Lyrically ****s on Em, Nas Lyrically ****s on Em, Andr 3000 Lyrically ****s on Em, AZ Lyrically ****s on Em, The whole Wu Tang Lyurically **** on Em, Killah Preist Lyrically **** on Em, Ras Kass Lyrically ****s on Em, Scarface Lyrically ****s on Em, KRS 1 Lyrically ****s on Em.

Any one who puts Em as anything other than an average Emcee don't know **** about hip hop and is rating him that highly because he is white.

Before any one shouts racist it's what his fans like to throw around he only doesn't get credit because he is white when in fact the opposite is true!

Em does not have a classic album how can he be great?

He has released absolute garbage like blue and yellow purple hills? he is absolute trash.

Comment

LMAO 31 and you don't know **** about hip hop; Common lyrically ****s on Em, Big L lyrically ****s on Em, Big Pun Lyrically ****s on Em, Rakim Lyrically ****s on Em, Guru Lyrically ****s on Em, Nas Lyrically ****s on Em, Andr 3000 Lyrically ****s on Em, AZ Lyrically ****s on Em, The whole Wu Tang Lyurically **** on Em, Killah Preist Lyrically **** on Em, Ras Kass Lyrically ****s on Em, Scarface Lyrically ****s on Em, KRS 1 Lyrically ****s on Em.

Any one who puts Em as anything other than an average Emcee don't know **** about hip hop and is rating him that highly because he is white.

Before any one shouts racist it's what his fans like to throw around he only doesn't get credit because he is white when in fact the opposite is true!

Em does not have a classic album how can he be great?

He has released absolute garbage like blue and yellow purple hills? he is absolute trash.
                Only emcee's you listed I'd compare with Em are Common, KRS-One, Rakim, Nas, and AZ, who was a big influence on Em.

Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP are 100% deemed classics by multiple critics, and hip hop fans in general. Infinite is an underground classic, give it a listen. You can hear the obvious early influences on Em.

It's Purple Pills by the way....Em has more versatility in not only his subject matter, but his flow, than most all you just mentioned.

It's not the opposite, he was able to transcend from the ubran community to the burbs being white....but if Em were black, I know plenty of brothers who would give him more props then he gets. He gets his proper dues from most. Look you don't like Em, but you'd be a fool to discredit him lyrically. Show me when Common killed another emcee the way Em killed Jay on Renegade.

Em, Nas, Rakim, KRS-One. They top my list.

Comment

I liked him when I was an angry kid myself, his first couple albums were killer. Funny/cartoonish/violent. very good.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    I liked him when I was an angry kid myself, his first couple albums were killer. Funny/cartoonish/violent. very good.
                    also, he crossed over, or whatever its called. that one white kid doing a 'black thing'.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                      i remember watching the younger white kids in my neighbourhood absolutely immerse themselves in hip hop after eminem came out. em is responsible for a whole generation of new and sometimes learned fans.

i dig a lot of his ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X