How do you rate Eminem as lyricist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All time great

Comment

How underrated and unknown is his first album, Infinite. Man if you haven't listened to that, it's his first album, underground. It's dope though. He had a different style but he was raw as hell.

Comment

He's a lyrical genius. Definitely one of the greatest of all time. Color has nothing to do with it. I hear people say he only blew up because he's white. He is well known because he's just sick. Took it to a new level IMO.

I'm glad he seems to have gotten his shit together too so he can keep putting out new material.

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        It's "newer" but one of my favorites. He was better early on but this is still good ****.

Green... I haven't heard that one in a while. Forgot about it. I love that second beat that starts at 1:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          He's a lyrical genius. Definitely one of the greatest of all time. Color has nothing to do with it. I hear people say he only blew up because he's white. He is well known because he's just sick. Took it to a new level IMO.

I'm glad he seems to have gotten his shit together too so he can keep putting out new material.

Green... I haven't heard that one in a while. Forgot about it. I love that second beat that starts at 1:54.
          Being white definitely made him a lot more well known. It's something he acknowledges himself.

Not saying it matters to everyone but those who never paid the rap game much attention/the mainstream crowd would definitely take notice because he's a white kid that can spit. It definitely played it's part.

That doesn't take away from his talent and skill though.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            Being white definitely made him a lot more well known. It's something he acknowledges himself.

Not saying it matters to everyone but those who never paid the rap game much attention/the mainstream crowd would definitely take notice because he's a white kid that can spit. It definitely played it's part.

That doesn't take away from his talent and skill though.
            It's a double edged sword....him being white made people who wouldn't normally listen to hip hop, take a look at him, and helped his popularity transcend from the urban community to your average suburban household. On the slip side....yes Em gets his dues and his respect as one of the GOAT, possibly the greatest, from many in the hip hop community. But....if Em was black, imagine how much more respect he'd get from some in the hip hop community.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                How underrated and unknown is his first album, Infinite. Man if you haven't listened to that, it's his first album, underground. It's dope though. He had a different style but he was raw as hell.
                Yep. Its a classic in its own right. Also his album he did a couple of years ago with Royce D'59 is an all time classic as well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                  Yep. Its a classic in its own right. Also his album he did a couple of years ago with Royce D'59 is an all time classic as well IMO.
                  Infinite is an underground classic no doubt. On top of 3 classics with Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Show....and other really good releases with Recovery and Hell: The Sequel. His two worst albums, Encore and Relapse, though I still enjoyed and thought they were solid albums. But I mean they still had dope tracks too. Encore had Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Like Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Mockingbird, etc. And Releapse/Relapse: Refill had 3 AM, Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground, Drop the Bomb On em, Music Box, etc. They were still dope and better than most emcee's lyrically.

Comment

He is below average.

Comment

Originally posted by piye View Post
                      He is below average.
                      Line for line, name me 5 rappers you'd lyrically put over Eminem.

Comment

Working...
                      X