Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
      The best ever? This guy is.

Z10

Comment

I would say yeah he is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          Pele has him covered as an all round player at this stage, he scored a 1000 goals playing in an era where skillful players could be targeted and yellow,red cards weren't given out very easily. He also won and starred in 3 world cups.
          Pele got most of his 1000 goals in friendliess exhabitions and the brazilian league.

Never played in europe where its all at.

Also brazil won one of his world cups when he only played in 2 games. so to say he starred in them and to even say brazil needed him is debatable.

Messi>>>>>>>>>Pele

In fact Pele not even in my top 5 players of all time.

Comment

Diego Maradona still at the present but he still has many years ahead.

Comment

all messi has to do to cement him as the greatest ever is win argentina a world cup or play an instrumental part in it,his form at international level isnt as good as past greats who have played for their country,there is no doubt he belongs with them but the greatest not yet,he has plenty time though.

Comment

Messi without doubt is up there and has a legit claim to the G.O.A.T but for me that goes to Zizou.

The guy has done it on every stage. He carried the French team in 98 & 2000. He retired from international football & came back in 2006 to lead France to another final. His performance against Brazil in the 2006 WC was immense. That was meant to be the WC for Kaka or Ronaldinho to really shine and Zidane gave a masterclass performance.

I don't necessarily agree that Messi has to WIN a WC but he definitely has to perform better than he has done. People can argue he doesn't have a good side but when they have everyone fit, Argentina have a very very good side.

Gago, Banega, Augero, Higuain, Tevez, Di Maria, Coloccini, Zabaleta (the best RB in the world at minute? Definitely up there) & Javier Mascherano. The French side that Zidane led in the 2006 WC wasn't much better & had a lot of players on the wrong side (age wise). Not to mention they had an absolute schmuck for a manager.

Taking nothing away from Messi but he's in one of the greatest teams to ever do it and that certainley helps. If he were to move to another league (not saying he has to or that he should) but it certainley would improve his legacy.

He's definitely up there in the running.

Too many people miss out the likes of Schmeichel, Beckenbauer, Maldini, etc though just because they didn't play in the most attractive positions.

Oh & the TS stop referring to it as soccer. God dam. It's football. God dam yanks.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                  Messi without doubt is up there and has a legit claim to the G.O.A.T but for me that goes to Zizou.

The guy has done it on every stage. He carried the French team in 98 & 2000. He retired from international football & came back in 2006 to lead France to another final. His performance against Brazil in the 2006 WC was immense. That was meant to be the WC for Kaka or Ronaldinho to really shine and Zidane gave a masterclass performance.

I don't necessarily agree that Messi has to WIN a WC but he definitely has to perform better than he has done. People can argue he doesn't have a good side but when they have everyone fit, Argentina have a very very good side.

Gago, Banega, Augero, Higuain, Tevez, Di Maria, Coloccini, Zabaleta (the best RB in the world at minute? Definitely up there) & Javier Mascherano. The French side that Zidane led in the 2006 WC wasn't much better & had a lot of players on the wrong side (age wise). Not to mention they had an absolute schmuck for a manager.

Taking nothing away from Messi but he's in one of the greatest teams to ever do it and that certainley helps. If he were to move to another league (not saying he has to or that he should) but it certainley would improve his legacy.

Too many people miss out the likes of Schmeichel, Beckenbauer, Maldini, etc though just because they didn't play in the most attractive positions.

Oh & the TS stop referring to it as soccer. God dam. It's football. God dam yanks.
                  Thank you. I added the 'subjective opinion' bit to my post cause I didn't want to bother explaining myself to rabid (association) football fans. Good work here.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

ha ha soccer,it just goes to show how great he is when he hasnt won a world cup and people already regard him as the greatest but your right in people do forget about certain past greats.......rivelino,garrincha,puskas,best and thats just a few

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      Pele got most of his 1000 goals in friendliess exhabitions and the brazilian league.

Never played in europe where its all at.

Also brazil won one of his world cups when he only played in 2 games. so to say he starred in them and to even say brazil needed him is debatable.

Messi>>>>>>>>>Pele

In fact Pele not even in my top 5 players of all time.
                      Your kidding yourself.

1.Pele played his best football at world cups

2. Europe wasn't at all where it was all at in the 60-70s, the South AmericAn league where as good if not better.

3. Exhibition games ? You're a clown

4. Youtube Pele.

The guy was the Bradman of football.

If you've heard of Bradman that is.

Comment

Working...
                      X