Muhammed Ali sets a BBC interviewer straight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mud View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.

People here called Ali a genius, yet he was brainwashed by a the nation of islam, and cant seem to defend his position of the stuff he is saying?

Why does Ali get a pass on this stuff yet anyone else would be called racist?

People say its the way everyone was back then, but the interviewer strongly disagrees and the audience applauds him on certain points.
    im white and i didnt view it as racist,it makes sense when you truly think about it and that was how things were back then whether people like it or not.im sure he had some hate in him anyway when that interview was done wasn't it just after he was allowed to box again?3 year suspension for what not wanting to kill!the man had strong views on everything if the mans a racist how come in past interviews he has openly said "i wish the whole world would love each other as much as they do me,it would be whole better place"the man preached his beliefs just like any other person who truly believed in there religion..................and he is a genius lol how dare you!

Comment

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life" Muhammad Ali

I can only hope his views have changed since then.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
        im white and i didnt view it as racist,it makes sense when you truly think about it and that was how things were back then whether people like it or not.im sure he had some hate in him anyway when that interview was done wasn't it just after he was allowed to box again?3 year suspension for what not wanting to kill!the man had strong views on everything if the mans a racist how come in past interviews he has openly said "i wish the whole world would love each other as much as they do me,it would be whole better place"the man preached his beliefs just like any other person who truly believed in there religion..................and he is a genius lol how dare you!
        Im mixed race and if he had his way i wouldnt exist.
        Im not calling him racist, just said if it was anyone else they would be called racist. Its double standards by people who love Ali.
        How is he a genius?
        Preaching your religious beliefs is never acceptable because ultimately they are based on a superstition that cant be proved.

Comment

Im mixed race and if he had his way i wouldnt exist.
          Im not calling him racist, just said if it was anyone else they would be called racist. Its double standards by people who love Ali.
          How is he a genius?
          Preaching your religious beliefs is never acceptable because ultimately they are based on a superstition that cant be proved.
          "if he had his way you wouldnt exist" he wasn't a dictator! that was a dumb remark! preaching beliefs is acceptable just not when your forcing it down peoples throats.alot of people loved ali,whites blacks MIXED RACES,chinese the whole world,why did they love him i ask you?double standards.......................no because he did alot for all kinds of races,he give the people who had a sense of hopelessness BELIEF,a racist i dont think so,he was just showing that its ok to stand up for what you believe in and that you dont have to be told what to do no matter what race you are.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
            "if he had his way you wouldnt exist" he wasn't a dictator! that was a dumb remark! preaching beliefs is acceptable just not when your forcing it down peoples throats.alot of people loved ali,whites blacks MIXED RACES,chinese the whole world,why did they love him i ask you?double standards.......................no because he did alot for all kinds of races,he give the people who had a sense of hopelessness BELIEF,a racist i dont think so,he was just showing that its ok to stand up for what you believe in and that you dont have to be told what to do no matter what race you are.
            So how was he a genius again? I understand he wasnt a dictator, so that was a dumb remark also. I was obviously saying if all other people thought like him there would be no interracial relationships.

In a nutshell, all im saying is his views are unacceptable now precisely because most people didnt accept them then. If there was another clip showing someone else saying the same thing they wouldnt get the "well thats how it was back then" response.
            If that attitude remained we would still be there now.
            i.e. its ok to criticise Ali.

Comment

So how was he a genius again? I understand he wasnt a dictator, so that was a dumb remark also. I was obviously saying if all other people thought like him there would be no interracial relationships.

In a nutshell, all im saying is his views are unacceptable now precisely because most people didnt accept them then. If there was another clip showing someone else saying the same thing they wouldnt get the "well thats how it was back then" response.
              If that attitude remained we would still be there now.
              i.e. its ok to criticise Ali.
              no you said if he had his way you wouldnt exist thats DUMB,i know its ok to diss ali if you read my comment in the first post i had LOL next to genius yes?and thats how it was back then its just how it was the world was ignorant.

Comment

This is how I remember Ali talking and I loved it. Damn, I wish there's another champ with a charm like that. I don't care whether he makes sense or not and I don't even care whether he's the greatest. He's Ali and that's all that matters.

Comment

I dated an african lady once couldn't believe the reaction I got from the 'brothers'

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                    This is how I remember Ali talking and I loved it. Damn, I wish there's another champ with a charm like that. I don't care whether he makes sense or not and I don't even care whether he's the greatest. He's Ali and that's all that matters.
                    exactly unc k,ali is ali,the greatest no one who dons a pair of boxing gloves will ever come close to what he has done and as far as outside the ring well lets just ask the billions what they think........

Comment

Things were way different in his day

Comment

Working...
                      X