No announcement yet.

Lance armstrong should be in jail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I don't think you have had to drive around in the Central California coastal towns having to deal with these asholes.

Or the Bay area.

You have no idea how close I have come to just applying a little pressure with my right hand on the steering wheel, and mowing a few of them cock smoking, faux yellow Greg LeMonde jersey wearing wannabe's down like a bowling ball hitting a strike.

But I'm an adult.

So I just downshift, hit the air horn, and scare the shit out of them, and go on my way.
    lol it was a frankie boyle tweet m8, some other recent gems...

I'm on your facebook page, panting my way through your photos like a one handed sex killer
    I hope that one day you do laugh your ass off. I hope you're rolling on the floor laughing, with no ass.
    That's enough pity stories. Chin up everybody. Remember, all the pain you experience is only ever temporary. Because you're going to die.
    trolling the depressed:

If you're depressed remember to try cheering up a wee bit
    brits will know these two:

This Iceland horsemeat scandal makes Stacey Solomon, essentially, a cannibal
    #TomDaleySplash has ruined a perfectly good format by putting water in the pool
    https://twitter.com/frankieboyle
    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Sort of the same way Big Ben got the benefit of the doubt and the media chose not to crucify him, no?
      I don't know who 'Big Ben' is, but I know Duke University and the media were ruthless to the lacrosse players who were accused of rape by a whore now in prison for murder.

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      A nation of morbidly obese people are angry that a guy needed drugs to cycle several hundred miles up a mountain. - Frankie Boyle

He was in a awkward spot really. He could either not take drugs, lose to the less talented because they did take drugs, and have the public think he was an ordinary rider; or take drugs, win the races, but go through his current predicament should the public ever find out.

Comment

There are far worse people than Lance out there. People are making out he is a mass murderer for his use of PED's. Many others are doing the same too.

Comment

Considering the Millions of lives that his Livestrong Foundation helped save, Thats more then enough for me to forgive him

Comment

put him in a cell with nothing but a stationary bike and his tour de france 'wins'.

but no, i don't believe he belongs in jail. he benefited from cheating but there is no real victim, is there?

Comment

If you believe he deserves jail then that opinion should go across the board in to other sports too. Peterson, Mosley, Vargas etc should all be in jail. Armstrongs fellow bikers also admitted to using themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                You're such a damn shrew.

Ok, larceny offenders then. Who get up to ten years over 500 dollars.

Except I don't feel any sympathy for them. Liquor store robbers(in general) steal money because they have no options. If they could get away with becoming a world class cyclist on dope, I bet they would rather do that instead.
                Basically people commit violent crimes because they can, because they don't feel empathy with the victims. They commit violent crimes because they are easy. Robbing a liquor store isn't hard. You go in with a gun, point it at someone and yell a lot and they give you money and maybe liquor. That's why people who go to great lengths to secure their houses with elaborate locks are stupid. Burglaries almost always consist of someone kicking in the front door, entering the house an running off with anything they can carry. Occasionally someone will come up with a more sophisticated plan but in general it's going to be an opportunistic crime.

Want to test it out? Park two cars next to each other. In one of them put $100 in the glove box. In the other put $20 on the seat. Come back and see which one is broken into.

Now Lance Armstrong is a cheat and a liar and a fraud. But he didn't just do drugs and win seven Tour de Frances. He still put in thousands of hours of training and hard work to get where he got. Criminals who commit liquor store robberies are simply not going to invest that sort of effort into anything. That's why they're robbing liquor stores. If they had the drive and ambition to pursue anything at an elite level then they wouldn't be spending a lot of time robbing liquor stores.

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                [/I][/COLOR][/B]

Lance did it seven times you brainless twat.
                Without being caught. Reoffending rates aren't based on how many crimes you commit before you get caught. They're based on your likelihood of committing again after being caught and convicted.

Fraud as a crime is a hard one to reoffend at. It's generally an abuse of trust, people use their position of trust in an untrustworthy way. But somebody who was convicted for embezzling money from the company for whom they were an accountant, for example, is unlikely to be rehired as an accountant. They won't be trusted again.

Similarly nobody is going to accept Armstrong's testimony again.

Somebody who knocks off a liquor store isn't going to be refused entry to all liquor stores henceforth. The opportunity to reoffend is still there.

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I honestly think Kobe got more heat just for banging some slut that lied and cried "rape".
                He should get more heat. Rape is a considerably more serious crime than fraud. He also paid her a settlement to avoid a lawsuit.

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                put him in a cell with nothing but a stationary bike and his tour de france 'wins'.

but no, i don't believe he belongs in jail. he benefited from cheating but there is no real victim, is there?
                Well there's everyone he sued and then lied on the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Well there's everyone he sued and then lied on the stand.
                  elaborate???

Comment

elaborate???
                    He's sued people who have alleged to his drug usage and obviously lied in court in defence.

Comment

elaborate???
                      Lance Armstrong is not going to prison for cheating. It's immoral but it isn't illegal to cheat. He's going to go to prison for committing perjury in his many court cases. I think the biggest single amount he made was when he sued his sponsor SCA Promotions for his prize bonuses after they withheld payment after alleging that he cheated. He won a $12 million settlement in that case. Other cases were small beans, but possible had a greater impact. For example he sued his assistant Emma O'Reilly after she tried to speak out about doping in cycling. She was forced to write an apology and the Sunday Times that published her story was forced to pay over $900,000.

You see it isn't that he cheated. The issue is that he aggressively litigated against anyone who said so and fraudulently won court cases by lying on the stand. That's why he needs to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
                      X