No announcement yet.

Eminem Vs Big L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    If it wasn't for Big L. Eminem and several of your favorite rappers wouldnt evwen have the style they have now.

Big L birthed these dudes. Wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of his time.
    Rakimand to a lesser extent Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap, birthed them all.

Comment

I'm far from being an Eminem fan but he takes this one easily. Big L is what I consider a playground legend. Reminds me of the Earl Manigualt story, where people from his neck of the woods tend to over exaggerate his "legend"

He was nice and The Lifestyles ov da Poor & Dangerous was a Hood tape, but he ain't seeing Eminem in this matchup

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
        of course you can listen when you're older. do you think you're getting the full impact of the music when you listen to it fifteen years after the fact and compare it to today's music?

come on son.

was michael jackson better or elvis presley?

and you better take the bass out of your voice when you're talking to me.
        Time and place effects Elvis and Jackson moreso than Em and Big Loser. Elvis was huge in a whole different light. There were no black people even considered when he came on the scene. He was initially called in for recording because of his black sound.

Then comes the controversies of him dancing and moving on stage when even twitching your finger wasn't allowed. He broke through on most of his actions and emulated black style.

Jackson was a kid coming through with his brothers at the time. Their style of music in general took over in the following decade or two not just of his work but his fellow motown records too.

A comparison between the two would be different as the times were different in a completely different way.

The rap game hasn't and didn't really change in the same from from big ls peak to Ems. Lyrically the game stayed the same.

There's no base in my voice either. You're just venting at the frustration of some replies. Fix up, Timmeh.

I shall no longer speak on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          I'm far from being an Eminem fan but he takes this one easily. Big L is what I consider a playground legend. Reminds me of the Earl Manigualt story, where people from his neck of the woods tend to over exaggerate his "legend"

He was nice and The Lifestyles ov da Poor & Dangerous was a Hood tape, but he ain't seeing Eminem in this matchup
          Only that there is no legend about Big L, he has two albums and a bunch of freestyles to prove he's no exaggerated legend. If there was no evidence, or only 2-3 freestyles of his, then you would have had a point. But there's two full albums, and an actual legendary freestyle where he would have embarrass any rapper that joined him that day.

Comment

This is just old dudes trying yo hold on to dhort straws of the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Only that there is no legend about Big L, he has two albums and a bunch of freestyles to prove he's no exaggerated legend. If there was no evidence, or only 2-3 freestyles of his, then you would have had a point. But there's two full albums, and an actual legendary freestyle where he would have embarrass any rapper that joined him that day.
              The Big Picture wasn't that great of an album, IMO. Eminen may have fallen the **** off as of late but he's spat out some freestyles himself to go along with a strong catalog from Infinte up to the Eminen Show. I'll take his variety of quality and longevity over Lamont's anyday of the week

Comment

Big L for me, Em’s contents is usually horrible and I don’t know what people are talking about all of Eminem’s albums have been inconsistent, people like to hate on rappers like Jay but eminem has not made an album as good as reasonable doubt, blueprint or even american gangster.

Eminem is greater though due to longevity, and album sales.

Comment

The Big Picture wasn't that great of an album, IMO. Eminen may have fallen the **** off as of late but he's spat out some freestyles himself to go along with a strong catalog from Infinte up to the Eminen Show. I'll take his variety of quality and longevity over Lamont's anyday of the week
                  LOL.

*Dies*

Comment

If Em wasn't a white boy either...

Comment

Crazy things i've read in 2012-2013.

"Kendrick Lamar's album is a classic".

"Eminem great, Big L overrated".

Classic, great, overrated. Three words that are thrown around too lightly and for the wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X