Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is New York the most overrated City in history?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    The Village was nice though when I went, alot of sex toy shops I will say.
    NY is great! I'm from Los Angeles, and I loved my visit to NY. As far as weather goes, I louvre los angeles. I have co workers from NY and they love the weather and scenery out here.

Comment

I love L.A. I live in North Hollywood. Its chill, your always 15 minutes from the hood in l.a, wherever u are.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        It's not about what other city is ethnically diverse, I said it's on of the top 5 most ethnically diverse. If I would have just said "New York is ethnically diverse, that is why I love it", then your post would have mattered.
        Ah you got me there ol' chap.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          Are you kidding me? NYC is the capital of the world, it is a melting pot of all cultures, and the food is amazing.
          As are most major cities.

There is no such thing as "the capital of the World".

Comment

I'll be in NYC for the Salido-Garcia fight....

Anyway, as a Philadelphian nothing about New York "amazes" me. There certainly is a ton to see and do and I always have a lot of fun when I visit. But, I already have all the good things about a big city (the food, diversity, night life, history) in my home town.....but my home town does kind of go to sleep at night. I like that. I don't want to live where it's brimmin' 24 hours a day. I also think the traffic in and around NYC is life-draining.

It's a great place to visit and I'm sure great for most who live there. What it isn't is the magical and mystical place portrayed in movies and on television.

Comment

New York probably has more variety than any other city on the planet. How can you hate a city where you can literally find anything you want?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Yes. It's a total ****hole and that's the entire city not just Manhattan. Come to think of it, 99.9% of cities qualify as ****holes so it is what it is.

Poet
                Have you visited AFTER the early 1990's? It's a very different city.

If you actually are talking about the city now then I wonder what you thought of it in the old days.

But then you say you don't like big cities in general so...different strokes I guess.

Comment

I actually like New York, that wasn't my point.

It certainly isn't the greatest city in the World though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    I actually like New York, that wasn't my point.

It certainly isn't the greatest city in the World though.
                    What city is then? New York has accomplished things I would say no other city in the world has.

There's nothing that NYC hasn't done or isn't on the world stage on. Fashion, sports, cuisine, music (especially music), culture as far as it's own identity, beautiful people, population and size, greatest skyline of all time....

I mean the list goes on and I'm not even from NY. I have been there many times and it's a great, great city. There's just a feel to NY that you don't get in many other parts of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      What city is then? New York has accomplished things I would say no other city in the world has.

There's nothing that NYC hasn't done or isn't on the world stage on. Fashion, sports, cuisine, music (especially music), culture as far as it's own identity, beautiful people, population and size, greatest skyline of all time....

I mean the list goes on and I'm not even from NY. I have been there many times and it's a great, great city. There's just a feel to NY that you don't get in many other parts of the world.
                      Well of course it is a matter of opinion, but either Rome or Sydney for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X