No announcement yet.

What's up with Firefox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    None. If I have a problem I run Malware-bytes, TDSS killer, or Rkill. I have "Super Anti Spyware free edition", but it's off. As far as antivirus programs that prevent my PC from getting viruses, I have nothing for that.
    I have a couple things you can try. You may have already did some of it but it is worth a shot

1: Clear all history, temp files and cookies
    2: Go into add ons and update any addons it recommends.
    3: Co into Options > Advanced > General and turn off hardware acceleration

If you still get trouble, export all your bookmarks to an html file. Then uninstall firefox and then go into C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles and delete your profile. Reinstall firefox and then import the html bookmark file back

Comment

Kev, download and install Microsoft Security Essentials RIGHT NOW.

Also, download and run CCleaner. I think it'll do wonders for you and your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I have a couple things you can try. You may have already did some of it but it is worth a shot

1: Clear all history, temp files and cookies
        2: Go into add ons and update any addons it recommends.
        3: Co into Options > Advanced > General and turn off hardware acceleration

If you still get trouble, export all your bookmarks to an html file. Then uninstall firefox and then go into C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles and delete your profile. Reinstall firefox and then import the html bookmark file back

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
        Kev, download and install Microsoft Security Essentials RIGHT NOW.

Also, download and run CCleaner. I think it'll do wonders for you and your PC.
        I sort of gave up on it and i'm just using Chrome. I miss Firefox. I still try to open it but still get the crash report.

Thanks to both, i'll try this now.

Comment

Problem solved thanks to ccleaner and MSE. Thanks to both Dean and LHG!

Comment

Working...
          X