Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highest Gun murder rate in the World...

But, But the 2nd amendment....

Mass shooting after mass shooting...

But, But history shows Governments kill their people...

Why do you need Semi Automatics though?

Because they are civilian semi auto weapons...

Ok so how many AR15's etc... are used as self defence or murders....

Not that many...

Ok so why do you need these types of weapons then, since they are a none entity?

I am pro choice dawg!

Comment

any person with a gun is a bad person. it is as simple as that. guns are used for killing. Any man with the power to kill is a bad person.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
        My OP was:

I'd rather have violent crime than be murdered.

Ask any man here, would you rather get pushed or would you rather get shot.

Do it.
        You'd rather see an increase in rapes, home invasions, etc?!? Sorry, but in my opinion, there are crimes worse than murder.

Yes our violent crime is more likely to end in a murder in the US, however, there are other factors to keep in mind like how we take in millions of immigrants from latin America, many of which countries experience the highest murder rates in the world. Also, our murders tend to be consolidated to highly urban areas, Oakland alone had 131 homicides last year.

Comment

That guy had funny eyebrows. Made me turn it off.

Comment

Highest Gun murder rate in the World...
            And ironically the highest immigration rate in the world as well. You'd think if there were so many murders that majority of people would prefer to go to a place like Britain, but no the overwhelming majority desire to come here.

But, But the 2nd amendment....
            The 2nd Amendment is part of the constitution, and the amendments of the constitution are the corner stones of America. And if you have a problem with the second amendment you are more than welcome to stay out of the U.S.

Mass shooting after mass shooting...
            There were no mass shootings after mass shootings in the 50's 60' 70's. It is a recent phenomenon, but the same sort of guns existed in those years.

But, But history shows Governments kill their people...
            Yeah, exactly and that is why the 2nd amendment exists. Only fools would think that their government can't turn on its people, especially after the 20th century.

Why do you need Semi Automatics though?
            Because it is my right, If I am a responsible person who uses the semi auto for sport, or if I want to be prepared against some serious turmoil, then what type of weapon do you prefer I use?

Ok so how many AR15's etc... are used as self defence or murders....
            An insignificant amount

I am pro choice dawg!
            You're pro one wrong word from getting molested by your government.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              You'd rather see an increase in rapes, home invasions, etc?!? Sorry, but in my opinion, there are crimes worse than murder.

Yes our violent crime is more likely to end in a murder in the US, however, there are other factors to keep in mind like how we take in millions of immigrants from latin America, many of which countries experience the highest murder rates in the world. Also, our murders tend to be consolidated to highly urban areas, Oakland alone had 131 homicides last year.
              I would rather live than die TBH.
              A home can be bought or fixed.
              Rape is serious but again, I can't empathise so much since I am a man.

Interesting that rape stats are similar by $ in the UK and US.

Both at 28 and 27 % per 100,000.

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              And ironically the highest immigration rate in the world as well. You'd think if there were so many murders that majority of people would prefer to go to a place like Britain, but no the overwhelming majority desire to come here.

The 2nd Amendment is part of the constitution, and the amendments of the constitution are the corner stones of America. And if you have a problem with the second amendment you are more than welcome to stay out of the U.S.

There were no mass shootings after mass shootings in the 50's 60' 70's. It is a recent phenomenon, but the same sort of guns existed in those years.

Yeah, exactly and that is why the 2nd amendment exists. Only fools would think that their government can't turn on its people, especially after the 20th century.

Because it is my right, If I am a responsible person who uses the semi auto for sport, or if I want to be prepared against some serious turmoil, then what type of weapon do you prefer I use?

An insignificant amount

You're pro one wrong word from getting molested by your government.
              The US is a country that is fair and strives to be better. It is far from perfect but would a Mexican rather go to he US and earn enough to at least eat well, than to stay there and have barely enough to live?
              Westerners go there for money the majority of the time. Pay is good, and the weather can be too.

Britain gets a lot of immigration TBH. We are an Island so it's hard to just get here, but still in 2011.

In 2011, an estimated 589,000 migrants arrived to live in the UK for at least a year.

US:
              2010 1,042,625

Double that of the UK but the US population is 311 Mil and UK at 62 Mil. So we have a better rate for immigration.

Wikipedia so I dunno how accurate this is.

I haven't been to the US, I wouldn't want to go there where PED's and drugs are rife. When I need that good PED ****, I may think about it.

Mass shootings happen now and these guns aid it. What happened in the past from decades a go is different. So if a trend of adverse affect started, let's just say a high majority went on Heroin in 2020, will you say well in my day it wasn't bad as this so we don't need to go harder on stopping it?

It is more likely the gun owners will turn on it's Goverment. he likelihood of the US turning on it's people is ridiculous.

I prefer you to fight with your fists like a real man. Why be scared of people so much, and your Goverment?

I am pro let's live and not let our children get killed. If a man comes at me with a gun, even if I have one, one will die almost 100%.

If a man comes at me with a knife, I more than likely can stop him better than a man with a gun. Do you agree?

As for thinking my Goverment will turn on me? Highly unlikely. Our police officers don't even carry guns.

Comment

My mistake on that. I did copy and paste stats without checking.
                Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                http://www.citizensreportuk.org/repo...olence-uk.html

gives england and wales murder rate with gun murder stats, and then scotland and n.ireland separately every year from 2001 -2012
                Apology accepted, I'll even help you out. So the UK has a murder rate of 1.05 per 100,000 in 2011/2012 compared to 4.7 murders per 100,000 inhabitants in the USA. About 67.7% of the 12,664 Murders in the USA involved Firearms compared to a possible high of 9% of the 663 murders in the UK. Only 323 of murders in the USA involved Rifles. I have to admit that those are pretty good numbers in the UK. Source: FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8 Murder Victims by Weapon, 2007–2011

However, like what other posters have noted and what gun rights advocates argue, no statistics can change the fact that the US Constitution preserves and guarantees the people's the right to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment. The first 10 amendments, Bill of Rights, were created to limit the power of the Federal Government, reserve powers to the state, and guarantee personal freedoms.

Comment

France England Germany Russia Italy China Japan. These are all countries that have had tyrannical govetnments before. France under napolean england former tyrannical king ametixa fought against germany hitler russia communism italy mussolini China communism japan empire ww2. All these countries I have listed at one point in history had tyrannical regimes controling them. To assume that history would for the first time ever since civilization began not let q tyrant take its reins is foolish. The 2nd amendment wad made to disuade would be hitlers from doing there thing. Everything I have stated is absolutely true. If you're going to ignore history than their is nothing to debate. Now if you have a valid reason why this would not happen this time around thsn by all means state your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    France England Germany Russia Italy China Japan. These are all countries that have had tyrannical govetnments before. France under napolean england former tyrannical king ametixa fought against germany hitler russia communism italy mussolini China communism japan empire ww2. All these countries I have listed at one point in history had tyrannical regimes controling them. To assume that history would for the first time ever since civilization began not let q tyrant take its reins is foolish. The 2nd amendment wad made to disuade would be hitlers from doing there thing. Everything I have stated is absolutely true. If you're going to ignore history than their is nothing to debate. Now if you have a valid reason why this would not happen this time around thsn by all means state your case.
                    Lets not forget Phillipines, they were disarmed before the Marcos fiasco. And they're still trying to rebound from that one.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                      Actually, that as nothing to do with the violence because it's not something immigrants think of. It does how ever have everything to do with economy and when the economy is good, immigrants come. Since the economy is bad, immigration is actually at a NEGATIVE right now, so nobody is coming into the U.S anymore because there's no work and no money.

The Constitution is a LIVING document, meaning it can be changed when we the people deem something not relevant anymore. The founding fathers intended it that way, yet people like you think that it's something set in stone, far from it. I will also stay in this country and have any opinion I want and you can't do **** about it.

That's not true at all, those guns at this quantity did not exist in the hands of the civilians like they do now and all the drugs we are giving to our children didn't either. Those two things have contributed to these types of mass killings.

Yeah, exctly and that is why the 2nd amendment exists. Only fools would think that their government can't turn on its people, especially after the 20th century.
                      When the 2nd amendment was written, those muskets could defend you against a tyrannical govt because they had the exact same guns. Now they have nuclear subs, tanks, war planes, spy planes, attack helicopters, satellites, and weapons we have no clue of. Do you really think for one second we can defend ourselves against that?....LOL

What type of sport are going to use these weapons for? What game do you plan to kill and what turmoil do you want to take part in?

Truth is we don't need this firepower in the hands of people who just want their toys. It's a cowboy mentality and they use the excuse of "tyrannical govt" instead of what is really going on and that's the gun manufacturers are making billions, you fools are buying into the fear and you also want your toys because it makes you think your a tough guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X