Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another guy stick it to Piers Morgan on the Gun issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what happens when you take guns away from law abiding citizens. This is from the link i provided on page 4. This is also why Canada is working on loosening its gun ownership laws

"The second reason it is significant that StatsCan's revealed handgun murders have "more than doubled over the past 20 years," is that it has been the law in Canada since 1934 that all handguns be registered. Moreover, after the Liberals implemented their most recent controls in 1998, they confiscated nearly two-thirds of the legally held handguns in the country -- without paying their lawful owners a dime in compensation.And yet, in Canada, handguns are far and away the most popular type of firearm used in murders.
    A handgun is the weapon of choice in twice as many murders as all other gun types combined. In urban areas, according to StasCan, "81% of all firearm-related homicides were committed with a handgun."
    If registration and confiscation worked, we would see it in our own handgun murder stats. Instead, we see what an utter failure it has been (and always will be) to take guns away from law-abiding Canadians."
    Last edited by deanrw; 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

^^^ right there is all the proof you need of gun control laws. The proof is there for you in plain English. This past tuesday a guy was shot multiple times with a handgun, right on my own street.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/3...ng-victim-dies

Comment

Just calm down Dean, and find some more footage of Piers Morgan getting his clock cleaned. That would be more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          Just calm down Dean, and find some more footage of Piers Morgan getting his clock cleaned. That would be more useful.
          I'm trying to show them how irrelevant Pier's argument is. I'll leave it up to you to find that awesome footage of Piers getting his a$$ handed to him!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            I don't see Morgan getting owned, are you deliberately ignoring the traps he sets and the likes of Shapiro falling right into them? Can't believe you Yank ****s are even entertaining that wanker.
            Shaipiro demonstrated that Morgan's entire argument was incoherent, thus ending the actually debate (Of course the talking went on much longer).

The only thing Piers did was poke a whole in his attempt to frame it is a "left right issue" which doesn't make much difference to the actual discussion in the first place..
            Last edited by res; 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              You think a situation like that is going to happen in the states lol

They have laws to prevent **** like that happening, and I'm not talking about letting hicks run round with guns.

And you think murdering millions of people was legal in all those countries?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                To be fair to him, he did caution you (me, all of us) to check the date (most recent updates). That article you posted is form 2009.

Whether anything has chanced since then, I don't know.
                I did see his little disclaimer which makes his OP pretty pointless. Comparing crime rate pre-gun ban in the UK with fairly current US crime rates actually supports the argument he seems to be supporting. UK had low violence rates, banned guns, they went up while here in the US, we've been on a pretty steady decline in violent crime for the past decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  US

UK

Crimes recorded by the police in England and Wales fell by 6.1% between the years ending June 2011 and June 2012, according to the latest crime statistics.

9.1m crimes were reported in 2011/12, down from 9.7m the previous year, and 27.2% lower than ten years ago.

tOTAL MURDERS IN THE uk....

551. tHAT'S THE TOTAL...

Number of Murders, United States, 2009: 15,241

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2009: 9,146

Number of Murders, Britain, 2008*: 648

In the UK n 2012 it fell to 551 BTW. Just sayin'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-england-wales
                  I see Piers Morgan is NOT the only Brit that likes to use selective statistics, as if Scotland and Northern Ireland are not part of the UK. Comparing the stats of 2 states, England and Wales, to 50 states in the USA is laughable don't you think?

Comment

Is that petition anywhere close to getting that communist Piers Morgan deported yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                      Is that petition anywhere close to getting that communist Piers Morgan deported yet?
                      The White House already responded and they said, "No".

Comment

Working...
                      X