Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Tupac tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
      Look that up if you don't believe me. I bet it's on the Internet somewhere. Freestyle meant free in form & random whether written or off the dome. That's from the 80's. It wasn't until more recent hip hop where the definition was pigeon holed into off the dome.
      Again ill ask, whats free in form/random about written and structured?

Thaats like an oxymoron

Comment

• Uncle Face > than ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knicksman20 View Post
          This is a freestyle & one of the best I've ever heard:

Lol, canibus. Hell of a writer....but not a freestyler. He'll tell you that himself.

Canibus getting eaten up/clowned on by a real freestyler;

The whole battle clip is about 49 minutes long, just giving you a taste/the point.

Comment

• I just watched the biggie freestyle, its legit

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Again ill ask, whats free in form/random about written and structured?

Thaats like an oxymoron
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freesty...nal_definition

Original definition

In the book How to Rap, Big Daddy Kane and Myka 9 note that originally a freestyle was a written rap on no particular subject – Big Daddy Kane says, “in the ’80s when we said we wrote a freestyle rap, that meant that it was a rhyme that you wrote that was free of style… it’s basically a rhyme just bragging about yourself.”[23] Myka 9 adds, “back in the day freestyle was bust[ing] a rhyme about any random thing, and it was a written rhyme or something memorized”.[6] Divine Styler says: “in the school I come from, freestyling was a non-conceptual written rhyme… and now they call freestyling off the top of the head, so the era I come from it’s a lot different”.[24] Kool Moe Dee also refers to this earlier definition in his book, There's A God On The Mic[8]:
              "There are two types of freestyle. There’s an old-school freestyle that’s basically rhymes that you’ve written that may not have anything to do with any subject or that goes all over the place. Then there’s freestyle where you come off the top of the head.[25]"
              In old school hip-hop, Kool Moe Dee says that improvisational rapping was instead called “coming off the top of the head”,[26] and Big Daddy Kane says, "off-the-top-of-the-head [rapping], we just called that "off the dome" — when you don’t write it and [you] say whatever comes to mind”.[23]
              Referring to this earlier definition (a written rhyme on non-specific subject matter) Big Daddy Kane says, "that’s really what a freestyle is”[23] and Kool Moe Dee refers to it as “true”[27] freestyle, and “the real old-school freestyle”.[28] Kool Moe Dee suggests that Kool G Rap’s track ‘Men At Work’ is an “excellent example”[27] of “true”[27] freestyle, along with Rakim’s "Lyrics of Fury".

Comment

• Original definition? What about the current definition?

What was the original definition of f@ggot?

And im still curious, by your definition, what is not a freestyle?
                Last edited by ~AK49~; 01-14-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Original definition? What about the current definition?

What was the original definition of f@ggot?

And im still curious, by your definition, what is not a freestyle?
                  I don't understand what you're getting at. I told you there's more than one meaning of freestyle & showed you what the true meaning of it is. It's not just spitting off the dome. Free of form whether memorized or written. There's even songs you can youtube to get the full meaning. Lyrics of Fury by the god Rakim is a perfect example of this. The Canibus freesyle I posted is another example. It's all right in front of you & now you playing on words. Come on fam.

What's not a freestyle is what you hear nowadays on most hip hop albums. When rappers spit verses from their albums that's not free-styling.

Comment

• Biggie is the better MC. Pac did have better range concept wise. He had more songs that I enjoy listening to...

Flow, delivery, wit, pure presence belongs to B.I.G. That to me is indisputable. So that makes him the better rapper. If we are talking the guy who had the most overall talent then yeah Tupac. He was on his way to becoming a very good actor and just overall seemed to have a bigger goal.

Comment

• Biggie >>> Pac

RTD >>> Any Pac album

Comment

Working...
                      X