No announcement yet.

Ayo Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    How's this for a better analogy: Suppose you have ten ****roaches. None of them will be a banana. So where is the banana? No-one knows.

I know, my analogy doesn't make any sense. It's still better than yours though.

I have nothing else to say, or reply to any other post so I'll just leave with this:

Comment

For most of the existence of Christianity the bible was secondary to church doctrine. In fact it was the lack of status given to the Bible that lead to the Reformation.

You want to talk holy books? There's plenty of cruelty in the bible.

So they're not true christians?

So what?

Muhammad was protected from physical harm because of his family ties. When his clan adopted a leader that hated him he fled. He ran away, only returning in secrecy until somebody gave him a new clan name and he got protection from someone else. I'm no christian but comparing Jesus who by all accounts resigned himself to his torment and Muhammad who reacted to adversity by running away is a little nonsensical.

Every religion states as its central doctrine that all others are wrong. On this every religion is right.

How's this for a better analogy: Suppose you have ten ****roaches. None of them will be a banana. So where is the banana? No-one knows.

I know, my analogy doesn't make any sense. It's still better than yours though.
      What sort of cruelty in the book are you referring to?

Well butchering people because they are witch doctors is not right. I believe you should follow a book, but also you must follow the rule of the land you live on. Murdering is wrong to me.

What do you mean so what? Being Arab does not mean you are muslim. Being Chinese does not mean you practice Buddhism. Buddhist's are Vegetarian and are not suppose to kill a living thing. Burying a daughter because CULTURALLY it is looked upon a bad thing, or maybe because you need to pay for her wedding or whatever it is is not a practice of which Islam or Buddhism teaches. Just because it happens does not mean it is associated with the religion, but with the people. To say so what is a stupid answer, from a stupid person. You have quite a bit of knowledge but you are pretty stupid at times.

As for Muhammed, you say he did not have suffering? How about not having a father? How about his mother dying when he was young? Muhammed got protection from parts of his family. One uncle was totally against him and told the Meccan's to kill him. Tribalism was and is a big thing is Arabia, but there were plenty that objected to what he said, along with plenty of his family. It was in fact when his uncle passed (He was under his protection) away did they attack him to a point they wanted him dead. He was attacked with stones many times while he prayed in public. He was chased out of his own city.

In fact Muhammed was still in Mecca for many years and persecuted for his faith along with his followers.

One is right, it doesn't mean everyone has to give up trying to be good or better. Do you agree? They also agree that atheism is wrong, in that respect, all of them are right.

There was once a fly, who flew from one poo to another, and all it did was eat ****. Wherever it went, **** was never far, perhaps there was a reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
        What sort of cruelty in the book are you referring to?

Well butchering people because they are witch doctors is not right. I believe you should follow a book, but also you must follow the rule of the land you live on. Murdering is wrong to me.
        Killing witches isn't just permitted in the bible, it's DEMANDED. It's a direct instruction from God via Moses. It doesn't just say "You can kill witches if you want". It says "You SHALL NOT suffer a witch to live".

Murdering might be wrong to you, but in the bible it's instructed by God. Does your personal morality trump that of the Bible?

What do you mean so what? Being Arab does not mean you are muslim. Being Chinese does not mean you practice Buddhism.
        Chinese people tend to follow a nonreligious atheist philosophy called Confucianism. The point is that women are treated shoddily enough without holy scripture being employed to further hold them down. Muslims can beat their wives, christians cannot permit a woman to speak or hold authority over them, jews are instructed to stone rape victims to death, and Hindu scripture supports widows being thrown on the funeral pyres of their deceased husbands.

Culture trumps religion. That's why in the United States they're not burning children for witchcraft, why women are educated in Turkey, why sati or widow-burning was outlawed. That is a powerful reminder that religion is wrong. If it was right then the horrific actions of a few literalists would be demanded by the angry deity, but in reality religious practises are ruled by culture and law, not the other way around.

To say so what is a stupid answer, from a stupid person. You have quite a bit of knowledge but you are pretty stupid at times.
        Thank you for reviewing my intelligence.

As for Muhammed, you say he did not have suffering? How about not having a father? How about his mother dying when he was young?
        So he was an orphan? Like Ice T?

Muhammed got protection from parts of his family. One uncle was totally against him and told the Meccan's to kill him. Tribalism was and is a big thing is Arabia, but there were plenty that objected to what he said, along with plenty of his family. It was in fact when his uncle passed (He was under his protection) away did they attack him to a point they wanted him dead. He was attacked with stones many times while he prayed in public. He was chased out of his own city.

In fact Muhammed was still in Mecca for many years and persecuted for his faith along with his followers.
        Oh I see, you're using the fictional account of his life. I guess if you're comparing him to Jesus then fair's fair.

One is right, it doesn't mean everyone has to give up trying to be good or better. Do you agree? They also agree that atheism is wrong, in that respect, all of them are right.
        Which one is right? Provide reasons. Show your working.

Comment

What is happening in the world is no mystery, as the decades roll by more and more people will move away from the faith and become godless. The atheists may view this as a triumphant victory, but the truth is it is a huge defeat for the human race.

"Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …
          The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined." - Vox Day
          Last edited by Enayze; 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
            What is happening in the world is no mystery, as the decades roll by more and more people will move away from the faith and become godless. The atheists may view this as a triumphant victory, but the truth is it is a huge defeat for the human race.

"Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …
            The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined." - Vox Day
            Vox Day? Are you serious!? The man is a cretin!

Comment

"The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.
              Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation!"
              - Vox Day

Comment

Vox Day? Are you serious!? The man is a cretin!
                You attack the messenger instead of the message. You cannot disprove the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  You attack the messenger instead of the message. You cannot disprove the message.
                  The message is bullshit. That it comes from a white supremacist, christian fascist, absurd creationist and contributor to World Nut Daily just makes the message all the more hilarious!

Vox Fucking Day. Oh my word.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
                    Ayo Atheists

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Killing witches isn't just permitted in the bible, it's DEMANDED. It's a direct instruction from God via Moses. It doesn't just say "You can kill witches if you want". It says "You SHALL NOT suffer a witch to live".

Murdering might be wrong to you, but in the bible it's instructed by God. Does your personal morality trump that of the Bible?

Chinese people tend to follow a nonreligious atheist philosophy called Confucianism. The point is that women are treated shoddily enough without holy scripture being employed to further hold them down. Muslims can beat their wives, christians cannot permit a woman to speak or hold authority over them, jews are instructed to stone rape victims to death, and Hindu scripture supports widows being thrown on the funeral pyres of their deceased husbands.

Culture trumps religion. That's why in the United States they're not burning children for witchcraft, why women are educated in Turkey, why sati or widow-burning was outlawed. That is a powerful reminder that religion is wrong. If it was right then the horrific actions of a few literalists would be demanded by the angry deity, but in reality religious practises are ruled by culture and law, not the other way around.

Thank you for reviewing my intelligence.

So he was an orphan? Like Ice T?

Oh I see, you're using the fictional account of his life. I guess if you're comparing him to Jesus then fair's fair.

Which one is right? Provide reasons. Show your working.
                      I do not read the bible. I am not a Christian. I don't believe I said I was one. Now what are you thinking here? Am I trolling you? However yes my personal belief is to live by the rule of the land.

Culture does influence religion, and my point was, burying children, particularly female babies was a CULTURAL thing. Am I right?
                      If people allow culture to override religion then there are in cases, plenty of drawbacks.

Just because you can do something does not mean you can. There are laws in western countries that say you can **** a certain animal or something.

In alabama:

It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.

Does that mean everyone will do it? There are a lot of laws that are weird. More so than these but I have to go to work now so CBA.

He was indeed an Orphan, but he didn't make bad rap songs or act on CSI.

I said 'The people who harm others are bad. Religion teaches peace, manners, patience and respect. Jesus and Mohammed are examples of that in many ways. They went through a lot of suffering yet showed a lot of forgiveness and resilience. '

Is it true that they both suffered? Now you can mention age up to 40 and break things down, but when you talk about a person, you look at their whole life. Anyone can break down someones age to a point that they did not suffer. Did I say Muhammed shared the same same suffering as Jesus?

As for sources, you can claim one is fictional. Neither of us were there so how can you say one is right and one is wrong for sure? Can you claim to be 100% accurate?

Which one is right? It is a belief. Any can be right.

I use to like Ginger Spice, then I decided Baby was cuter, but in the end, Posh had that sexy, dark haired girl look.

Comment

Working...
                      X