No announcement yet.

What do you know about Islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Yea because religion cannot be criticized whatsoever. That's kind of the point though isn't it? Religion cannot be critiqued because it's holy and it cannot be doubted by it's followers because it's god you are doubting of course....

This is the reason why religion is such a poison on humanity. No other force on the face of the earth, inspires people to do the things religion has them do.

You want to believe in a 2000 year old theology that has no bearing and no place in today's world, that's fine. As for the rest of us, we reject backward thinking and want to move forward with real morality and real advancement and knowledge of the world.
    Someone speaking with sense right there.

Comment

• brutal beatdowns all over the place in this thread.

5 fookin stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
        Research please

by judiciary... courts etc ...

didnt understand

If you research it, you can see. I dont want to answer because your doing it on deliberately.

There was a war. Armenians killed Turkish women and child when Turkish men were at the war fronts. Turkish men went back and killed Armenians.

That was the last answers for you.
        the vibe I'm getting from this guy is that he can find a few tolerate examples in the muslim world, so everything is fine.

Comment

You want to believe in a 2000 year old theology that has no bearing and no place in today's world, that's fine. As for the rest of us, we reject backward thinking and want to move forward with real morality and real advancement and knowledge of the world.
          Dont worry , the purpose of Islam is the morals of society.

Comment

Dont worry , the purpose of Islam is the morals of society.
            Religion in itself is not moral, that's what you don't understand. When your motivation is a reward in heaven or a threat in hell, your not doing it for the right reasons.

It's like someone only feeling remorse for a crime they committed because they were caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              The "dahu" in the Arabic Language means to extend and even out. It is said: "daha" the thing; "yad'hu dahwan". These terms can mean he either evened out and extended it or he threw it and rolled it. It is also said: "the rain daha the stones from the face of the earth," which means it rolled it and washed it away. It is also said: "The horse passed by yad'hu dahwan," which means he is beating his foot on the ground and yad'hu its sand. Also, the ostrich's mad'hi means its laying of its eggs, and "ad'hiha" is the nest where its chicks are born.

So as we clearly see, all of the above Arabic words that are derived from "daha" mean:
              1- To extend.
              2- To roll.
              3- To even out.
              4- Causing to become egg-shaped or creating, making or producing eggs (see the ostrich's mad'hi example above).

The meanings all derive from the root word in arabic, there is nothing wrong with applying all the meanings especially amazing in this situation seeing as they are all true. Arabic is a rich language and words usually have more then one meaning

The Arabic word dahaha in Noble Verse 79:30 above did have multiple meanings and uses. One of them was when one refers to an ostrich egg. Another was when referring to making something extended, spread out, stretched and/or expanded. This is an example of how Allah Almighty uses scientific notions in the Noble Quran when He talked about how He created certain things. He gave words that had multiple meanings and interpretations to them to make the Noble Quran truly be for all times and all places, and show it has deeper meanings. The meanings unravel more and more as scientific discoveries increase
              So Allah made it deliberately open to interpretation? That doesn't sound terribly noble. Was he not aware of the bloodshed that has been caused by minor disagreements in religion? Was he unaware of the resulting horror of ambiguity when associated to religious insanity or was further bloodshed his intention?

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
              I will go back my country in a few months. Arabia is a shria country. Shria laws are nonsense, because some of shria laws conflict with Quran. They are manmade laws.
              This is another example of the No True Scotsman fallacy. You handwave away the worst excesses of Islam by saying that "no true muslim" would behave in that way. Go and tell an Iranian Ayatollah or an Afghan Taliban that they are not real muslims. Let me know what they say.

Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
              Wow, its ridiculous how people use stereotypes, clichés and misconceptions in their understanding of Religion.

Bunch of Pseudo-Intellectuals who have no concept of history, philosophy or knowledge.

Always the same guys giving their bias, bitter and frustrated opinions.

What a joke of a thread.
              There is no other philosophy on earth which employs the weaselly defenses of religion. Nobody says "You can't say that Communism is wrong because that's my faith". Nobody says "I find your criticism of the Austrian school of economics offensive". And nobody has ever said "As an anarcho-syndicalist I demand you stop talking about my political affinity or there will be blood in the streets".

Once you remove the privilege from religion and see it for what it is, a political philosophy, then arguments of offense become utterly meaningless.

Comment

Religion in itself is not moral, that's what you don't understand. When your motivation is a reward in heaven or a threat in hell, your not doing it for the right reasons.

It's like someone only feeling remorse for a crime they committed because they were caught.
                This is something conscientious, not about heaven. The concept of heaven is only a representation of reward. Its purpose is create a sensitivity between human and the world. For example Quran says ''people should talk beautiful each other'' it doesnt say if you dont talk beautiful you will go to hell.

it aims to create a beautiful people.

Comment

This is something conscientious, not about heaven. The concept of heaven is only a representation of reward. Its purpose is create a sensitivity between human and the world. For example Quran says ''people should talk beautiful each other'' it doesnt say if you dont talk beautiful you will go to hell.

it aims to create a beautiful people.
                  We don't need the Quran to know we should be good to each other. Many other philosophies have preached being good to one another without the idea of god or religion.

Also, don't tell me that heaven or hell isn't a motivating factor, or course it is. When you hear Christians, Muslims and Jews talk about what is to come, life after death...it is something very important to them.

Comment

We don't need the Quran to know we should be good to each other. Many other philosophies have preached being good to one another without the idea of god or religion.

Also, don't tell me that heaven or hell isn't a motivating factor, or course it is. When you hear Christians, Muslims and Jews talk about what is to come, life after death...it is something very important to them.
                    Yes we dont need Quran and therefore everyone is talking each other in this site with sentences starting by ''F..CK''

Ofcourse it is a motivating factor , but Islam says ''dont do favors for look nice to people or for the removal, it is worthless''

There are Allah and is there no justice ??? The concept of heaven and hell is JUSTICE. You will be a bad human and I will be good human on world and we will live in the same living standards and we will die. Everything will be over. this is not the justice of Allah.

If your manager tell you ''work hard for this month, working hard is good for all of us'' , I'm sure you will cursed him inside you . But if he say ''work hard for this month, working hard is good for all of us, so we dont get used to laziness, and I will additional salary to who will work hard, lazy persons I dont want them to in this company'', I'm sure you will be happy like a child and 'll hard work for all year.

Comment

Yes we dont need Quran and therefore everyone is talking each other in this site with sentences starting by ''F..CK''

Ofcourse it is a motivating factor , but Islam says ''dont do favors for look nice to people or for the removal, it is worthless''

There are Allah and is there no justice ??? The concept of heaven and hell is JUSTICE. You will be a bad human and I will be good human on world and we will live in the same living standards and we will die. Everything will be over. this is not the justice of Allah.

If your manager tell you ''work hard for this month, working hard is good for all of us'' , I'm sure you will cursed him inside you . But if he say ''work hard for this month, working hard is good for all of us, so we dont get used to laziness, and I will additional salary to who will work hard, lazy persons I dont want them to in this company'', I'm sure you will be happy like a child and 'll hard work for all year.
                      If you're only being good to go to heaven then you're not a good person.

Realistically, I could easily be a complete ******* but I'm not going to, not because I am worried about hell but because I recognise other humans are exactly like me, and I wouldn't put someone in a situation I wouldn't like to be in myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X