No announcement yet.

Federer or Sampras?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federer.

Sampras was bad ass on grass (from what I remember), Federer just seems bad ass all round on every surface with a much more rounded game

Pistol Pete was all about fast serve and volley at the net, Federer seems like he can do everything and very well.

Comment

prime for prime this could go 12 rounds and beyond that but ima take sampras he was the main guy in my time and ive always felt that sampras was the better player his serve was out of this world supreme accuracy

Comment

Pete Sampras and his monstrous serves

Comment

I am of the Sampras era. It seems Federer is the greater player overall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
            I am of the Sampras era. It seems Federer is the greater player overall though.
            come on timmy jump on the sampras bus these young whippersnappers only seen federer and nadal lol

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
              come on timmy jump on the sampras bus these young whippersnappers only seen federer and nadal lol
              of all male players, Pete is my favourite. But Federer has more majors in a shorter span, doesn't he?

But then Serena Williams is my favourite female and I am sure she has less majors than Graf.

now i've confused myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                of all male players, Pete is my favourite. But Federer has more majors in a shorter span, doesn't he?

But then Serena Williams is my favourite female and I am sure she has less majors than Graf.

now i've confused myself.
                ha ha i see what you mean dont confuse yourself that could be dangerous lol,yeah i dont think anyone has dominated like federer before

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  Pete Sampras and his monstrous serves
                  oh it was a nasty serve even his second serve was brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                    oh it was a nasty serve even his second serve was brilliant
                    that was the thing about him the second serve was as powerful as the first, I grew up watching him I used to love the Agassi/Sampras battles.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                      that was the thing about him the second serve was as powerful as the first, I grew up watching him I used to love the Agassi/Sampras battles.
                      It was always a classic when they met; even in the latter stages of their careers. Brilliant playmaking ability in both.

I'm all for Federer, Nadal, and even Djokovich, but Sampras' serve was ridiculous as well as his volley. It's one of those things where you can't really compare due to the eras.

Comment

Working...
                      X