Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing 13-Year-Old Boxing & MMA Prodigy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid seems pretty bright too for being 13. I wonder what weight class he would end up at if he continues boxing. I'm gonna guess 147 or 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
      If his team or handlers were smart they'd keep him in boxing. If the kid doesn't get side tracked or get off his dedication to his craft he has great potential to be awesome as a Pro boxer. Elite boxers make more money than Elite UFC fighters.

It's easy for young people to fall into temptations of teenage life and become distracted by girls, parties, ect. A few of the good young fighters in my gym have already started. Two in particular. 1 started in our gym when he was 8. At the time I started he was a bad a$$ amateur like 12/13 years old? But then he got a girlfriend, and I didn't see him much for a while. I hope he got back in the gym though, I haven't been training for over a year now....Haven't had time, gotta take care my babies!
      It aint gonna last with this kid. Best case scenario (if this kid isn't all hype and the real thing), I'm thinking Bobby Fisher. Obsessed and dedicated to Chess, but once he became the World Champion, his goal was achieved and he lost steam.

Likewise, this kid has such a busy schedule. At best, his father keeps him on the right track into the pro's, he multitasks/juggles MMA/Boxing, wins a Championship in either/or sport and starts getting distracted with the success and initial money. Maybe he doesn't retire like Fisher - (who created a legend for himself because he didn't lose the Title) and ends up getting knocked off top, ending up as a cautionary tale. This much training/dedication sounds great initially (i.e. training harder than everybody else, getting up earlier than everybody etc,.), but in the long run he can't last. You've gotta pace yourself so you don't burn out.

Comment

To follow up, if his father is smart enough, this kid is also making grades and getting an education amongst all the multitasking, a la Juan Diaz style. Therefore he can win plenty of accolades in the amateurs, a few perks/decorations as a pro and pull out of the game nice and early. No title defenses, division jumps throughout a long career. Just set a goal to win a title, and get out. And go make your money elsewhere.

Comment

Wow, i cant believe it took a whole 6 posts before the first clown ass hater. Figgured it'd be within 3

Comment

If his team or handlers were smart they'd keep him in boxing. If the kid doesn't get side tracked or get off his dedication to his craft he has great potential to be awesome as a Pro boxer. Elite boxers make more money than Elite UFC fighters.

It's easy for young people to fall into temptations of teenage life and become distracted by girls, parties, ect. A few of the good young fighters in my gym have already started. Two in particular. 1 started in our gym when he was 8. At the time I started he was a bad a$$ amateur like 12/13 years old? But then he got a girlfriend, and I didn't see him much for a while. I hope he got back in the gym though, I haven't been training for over a year now....Haven't had time, gotta take care my babies!
            How many boxers makes 1+ mil a fight? Theres only a handful? Majority of boxers makes VERY VERY little. Just look at pavel Wolak who has a construction job, just like alot of boxers because they make pennies, and he's fought pretty known fights

If you're gonna pursue a certain sport just chasing money, it isnt gonna work out will 99% of the time

Comment

Reshat is a boy with Albanian blood, so expect him to be very disciplined in his life and young career.

That said, hopefully he takes up a path in boxing as it will lead to greater riches and prestige. Then again, he might be talented enough to compete in multiple combat sports at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                How many boxers makes 1+ mil a fight? Theres only a handful? Majority of boxers makes VERY VERY little. Just look at pavel Wolak who has a construction job, just like alot of boxers because they make pennies, and he's fought pretty known fights

If you're gonna pursue a certain sport just chasing money, it isnt gonna work out will 99% of the time
                You didn't read what I posted. I said "Elite Boxers" make more money than "Elite UFC Fighters". I'm not talking about average or above average fighters. I'm talking Elite, Top 10 pound 4 pound type of fighters. You tell me UFC guys make more?

Comment

You didn't read what I posted. I said "Elite Boxers" make more money than "Elite UFC Fighters". I'm not talking about average or above average fighters. I'm talking Elite, Top 10 pound 4 pound type of fighters. You tell me UFC guys make more?
                  I read what you wrote....if you're choosing a sport based soley on money, in which 99.99% of figthers never become "elite" and dont make good money, you're entering for the wrong reason

Comment

Originally posted by Timmie Smalls View Post
                    i'd KO him.
                    LOL...you beat me to it Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      I read what you wrote....if you're choosing a sport based soley on money, in which 99.99% of figthers never become "elite" and dont make good money, you're entering for the wrong reason
                      I don't think fighters compete in combat sports because they think it will make them rich. Most fighters do it because they have a passion for it. But if he stayed dedicated and focus he'll get better. We'll see how it pans out in the future.

When the kid is old enough & still good at boxing & MMA and wanted to turn Pro, if I was his handler or on his team I'd want him in boxing before other combat sport. If boxing didn't work out he could always do the other ones. In boxing, you need to build up a record before you get a shot at a known fighter or championship fight. In MMA, you can be 5-0 and get a title shot. Look at Rhonda Rousey.

Whether the kid becomes Elite, good, above average or a bum, that will be revealed in time. Who knows, he might even choose not to turn pro & go pursue a totally unrelated career.
                      Last edited by Toy Story 3; 01-01-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X