• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
    This is what I'm looking for, any link?
    http://media.morristechnology.com/me..._PROTOCOL1.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      He saw a knife and told him to drop it. He already knew there was a knife involved in the crime that the man was wanted for and it was recovered from the scene. I never mentioned a gun, I said the officer had him at gunpoint.
      You did say, in a previous post, what if?

That officer had a gun, the felon a knife. Not only that but the cop was out of distance for the felon to attack him with said knife. Essentially, the situation was under control apart from his erratic movements. He wasn't moving his arms erratically, more so his legs, so maybe they were caught in the seat belt?

It's not like the cop did the best in the situation he was given, he created the damn situation. It seems like he wanted to bum rush the felon and panic him, in the event of doing so he panicked himself and took a life. It doesn't matter whether the prosecutors have acquitted him, remember that child murder case with that women called Casey ???

He is the law, as long as he shouts a few warnings and communicates that he feels his life is threatened, he can do what he wants.

Comment

• Thanks Shaun, the legal minds have spoken, it was a justifiable act.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          He was a known violent felon on the basis of domestic violence, I believe? He wasn't well known for armed possession or didn't have a plethora of battery/weapon charges.

His legs were moving erratically, his arms not so much. If he runs, that's no problem. Although I wouldn't have been surprised if the cop would've put bullets into his back.

This is nothing to do with hindsight, it's about not panicking and not allowing your adrenaline to overcome you.
          He was getting arrested for his domestic violence warrant that happened that day and was still considered "armed and dangerous" due to his previous offenses..

and his arms both moved toward his right side to his waist..yes adrenaline kicked in..and so did instinct..this wasn't the first run in with Ernie..and they knew he was a violent threat..

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            You did say, in a previous post, what if?

That officer had a gun, the felon a knife. Not only that but the cop was out of distance for the felon to attack him with said knife. Essentially, the situation was under control apart from his erratic movements. He wasn't moving his arms erratically, more so his legs, so maybe they were caught in the seat belt?

It's not like the cop did the best in the situation he was given, he created the damn situation. It seems like he wanted to bum rush the felon and panic him, in the event of doing so he panicked himself and took a life. It doesn't matter whether the prosecutors have acquitted him, remember that child murder case with that women called Casey ???

He is the law, as long as he shouts a few warnings and communicates that he feels his life is threatened, he can do what he wants.
            Jesus wept. You can not be serious? 'Situation under control' the man has a knife and is none compliant. 'Cop was out of distance' he was 6 yards away. A man can run at you and plant a knife in your chest from 20 meters in under 3 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
              Thanks Shaun, the legal minds have spoken, it was a justifiable act.
              no way Unc. just because they found it to be a justifiable act does not mean that it was. cops usually get the benefit of the doubt in these situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                Jesus wept. You can not be serious? 'Situation under control' the man has a knife and is none compliant. 'Cop was out of distance' he was 6 yards away. A man can run at you and plant a knife in your chest from 20 meters in under 3 seconds.
                i like how you have that impulse control signature but you are about 200 pounds overweight.

perhaps you should try and exercise some of that impulse control, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  no way Unc. just because they found it to be a justifiable act does not mean that it was. cops usually get the benefit of the doubt in these situations.
                  They should put people like you on a 'do not help list'

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    I'm not saying I agree with it, all I'm saying is that it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                      ...and yet it took him half a second to shoot 13 bullets into this guy. The cop was more than 6 yards away and if he wasn't and he did identify the knife but decided to stick his ground and kill the guy, that's not right.

If I was in the cops shoes and saw a knife, I'd maintain a safe distance. Focus on his hand movement, don't care if he runs or not. If I felt threatened then a warning shot into his shoulder or leg is going to incapacitate him.

I don't care what people are trained to do, a rule book cannot prepare you for the real thing. The officer was not prepared.

It's a justifiable act in the sense that the officer was perceived to be in danger. But like I said, things aren't that black and white. If you read an account of it, you'd think one thing. Then if you watched the video, you'd think another.

Comment

Working...
                      X