Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the end of the world is almost here, who actually believes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing will happen lol.

This is the same **** as Y2K.

Comment

Things are already happening.

Comment

My wife's getting me a new laptop for Christmas, if we all die next week I'm gonna be pissed!

Comment

to those who believe it just give your money, stuff, everything to red cross on the 20th.

Comment

We're All One Heartbeat Away From the End Of the World

Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
            So according to the Mayan calendar the end of the world will happen for me exactly within 8 days 4 hours and 41 minutes. I think it's already the third doomsday of 2012, but this is really the day that is also familiar with the big audience.

Apparently 1% of the world population really believes the world will end at 21/12/12. Are there actually people on boxingscene that really believe the world is gonna end on that day? And if so, why? And what are you gonna do on that day?
            My prediction: The date is meaningless and nothing will happen short of the normal human events we experience. I'm not sure why so many grown adults put less faith in the science and facts we have at our disposal today. Many people over the centuries predicted the world was going to end at one time or another and it just keeps spinning on. Human beings have no concept of their place in the age of this world, nor the humility to accept it.

The Earth is roughly 4.54 billion years old and modern humans have only been around for about 200,000 years of that time. So modern humans have only been around for a mere fraction of the time the world has and they somehow arrogantly think the world will end on their watch? Dinosaurs were around for 185 million years and went extinct, yet man is on a precipice of his own making in a far shorter period of time, not the nonsensical end of the world stuff. Because in truth the end is a slow deceleration, it won't happen on a certain day that someone arbitrarily pulled out of their rear end.

If you die today, that's the end of the world for you, so in a sense all of us are constantly fluttering in and out of existence. Because if the human heart stops, so does life....

Comment

Working...
            X