Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Bang Theory......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you did was post a link containing a person's opinion and quotes where scientists differ from the norm on evolution. This happens in every field of science and even in religion. We should only be dealing with facts here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...-the-tusk.html

Can you explain to me how bacteria becomes immune to certain anti-biotics?

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      Correct ....
      That still doesn't discount what some of you guys are stating "That the Theory of Evolution is factual and undeniable"

My request stands ... point me to the undeniable evidence\proof supporting unquestionably the Theory of Evolution and I will STFU ... Period!!!!
      You're being ignorant deliberately.

I've just told you that no significant evolutionary changes occur in a few hundred years. How long have we been documenting evolution?

What you want is to see a worm transform into an alligator, right?

Well that's going take millions and millions and millions of years to happen. What examples I have provided prove evolution.

Humans, dogs, snakes, fish, monkeys, eels (and many more life forms) are all considered "chordates" because we belong to the phylum Chordata. One of the features of this phylum is that, as embryos, all these life forms have gill slits, tails, and specific anatomical structures involving the spine. For humans (and other non-fish) the gill slits reform into the bones of the ear and jaw at a later stage in development. But, initially, all chordate embryos strongly resemble each other.

In fact, pig embryos are often dissected in biology classes because of how similar they look to human embryos. These common characteristics could only be possible if all members of the phylum Chordata descended from a common ancestor.
      http://www.cracked.com/article_19213...-our-eyes.html

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        This is called quote-mining. It's a form of lying... taking statements out of context to make it look as though they are claiming something which they are not. I could find each quote in context but frankly I can't be bothered because I've already made a stronger case for evolution than you have against it. I don't need to waste my time.
        This post is properly called "DENIAL" .... these are actual quotes from REAL books. Furthermore, you didn't attempt to contradict anything with evidence\proof, you just waved the flag "To coin the phrase"

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          You're being ignorant deliberately.

I've just told you that no significant evolutionary changes occur in a few hundred years. How long have we been documenting evolution?

What you want is to see a worm transform into an alligator, right?

Well that's going take millions and millions and millions of years to happen. What examples I have provided prove evolution.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19213...-our-eyes.html
          Is this your proof?????? I'm gonna use one of squeal's moves here:

The writer of the article at Cracked: Kristi Harrison is a homeschooling mother of three. Her hobbies include doing the laundry, washing dishes, wiping bottoms and reveling in the phrase 'mommy blogger'.

Still! No one is willing or able to provide documented proof\evidence.

Comment

The writer of the article at Cracked: Kristi Harrison is a homeschooling mother of three. Her hobbies include doing the laundry, washing dishes, wiping bottoms and reveling in the phrase 'mommy blogger'.

Look.

I don't need to put any effort into trying prove you wrong, if you're really that interested about it use the examples off that website and search for them yourself.

I like how you talk about the writer of the article rather than the content. Further proves you're deliberately blinding yourself to what you say you're looking for.

Your act is transparent now.

Comment

Evolution encompasses many different, independent sciences from genealogy to paleontology to geology to molecular biology. They all independently support ToE. There is evidence galore. Just take your pick.

Here is just one piece of irrefutable genetic evidence that supports common ancestry. Ken Miller is a theist by the way.

Last edited by deliveryman; 12-22-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

The next time one of you guys make a mockery of Religious-Belief Systems and or its components ..... I'm going to point you to this thread. You have provided NO evidence\proof or any kind to support your claims .... NOTHING!!!!
                I have, you are deliberately ignoring it. You are a LIAR.

Even, when I make a statement to admit being wrong\incorrect, still no evidence\proof from the Evolutionists was submitted, evolutionists are just as bad as those believing that snakes at one time could communicate with humans.
                I have posted evidence, you are deliberately ignoring it, LIAR.

Here is a list of 100 Scientists who collectively put out a statement on the ToE.

A SCIENTIFIC DISSENT FROM DARWINISM

Public TV programs, educational policy statements, and science textbooks have asserted that Darwin’s theory of evolution fully explains the complexity of living things. The public has been assured, most recently by spokespersons for PBS’s Evolution series, that “all known scientific evidence supports [Darwinian] evolution” as does “virtually every reputable scientist in the world.” The following scientists dispute the first claim and stand as living testimony in contradiction to the second. There is scientific dissent to Darwinism. It deserves to be heard. www.discovery.org

http://www.4shared.com/office/5khtbs...entistsAd.html
                Have you heard of Project Steve? This is a list of scientists who support evolution and are called Steve. Steves make up about 1% of all scientists. The list is over 1200 right now. Makes your list of 100 scientists look a bit silly doesn't it? Also see the Clergy Letter Project which is a list of religious clerics who accept evolution as fact. There are over 12,000 Christian ministers who have signed the letter. That's right, Christian clergy who accept evolution outnumber scientists who don't by more than two orders of magnitude!

All this BS Squeal and others are stating is total UNSUPPORTED nonsense. I will waste no more time with knucleheads who cannot even state why they believe something or point me to the documentation that conclusively proves the ToE is a factual construct.

My Challenge stands!!!!

Someone point me to the conclusive documentation that supports in its entirety the Theory of Evolution, because to date I cannot find it.
                http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html

Start there and follow the sources.

I'd recommend reading this beginner's guide as well.

No more BS theories and no more BS speculation, especially from unqualified individuals {Squeal} who seem to manufacture **** without a shred of evidence or proof ...... Just point me to the proof\evidence that totally supports the ToE unquestionably.
                I'm qualified (but not expert) in biology and have now pointed you to resource written by and supplemented by experts. I also suggested you read The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins. Unless you're going to suggest that Richard Dawkins is unqualified too.

Actually you should pick up The Greatest Show on Earth by Dawkins. It's a thorough explanation and demonstration of evolution, what it is and why it's true.

A reply with quotes squashes the nonsense, book after book after book -- I've provided more evidence against in that one post then you guys have presented for throughout this thread.

-Someone provide quotes from books ..... Evolutionists: BS quote mining!!!!
                -Someone provides documented fossil finding with links .... Evolutionists: BS fossils don't count!!!
                -Someone provides links to research papers ... Evolutionists: BS, they lie!!!

Versus what Evolutionists have provided .... NOthing!!!
                You haven't provided any research papers and you didn't supply any fossil evidence against evolution either. Your quotes from books are meaningless because they are quote-mined. Let me show you an example:

"P.S. -- In fact, the belief in Natural Selection must at present be grounded entirely on general considerations. (1) On its being a vera causa, from the struggle for existence; and the certain geological fact that species do somehow change. (2) From the analogy of change under domestication by man's selection. (3) And chiefly from this view connecting under an intelligible point of view a host of facts. When we descend to details, we can prove that no one species has changed [i.e. we cannot prove that a single species has changed]; nor can we prove that the supposed changes are beneficial, which is the groundwork of the theory. Nor can we explain why some species have changed and others have not. The latter case seems to me hardly more difficult to understand precisely and in detail than the former case of supposed change. Bronn may ask in vain, the old creationist school and the new school, why one mouse has longer ears than another mouse, and one plant more pointed leaves than another plant. . . . the fact that they have not been modified does not seem to me a difficulty of weight enough to shake a belief grounded on other arguments."

It was a postscript of a letter from Charles Darwin to G. Bentham.

And some you guys mock Christians for their beliefs ?!?!?!?!? This is insanely laughable.
                I don't need to quote-mine the bible to find absurdity.

This post is properly called "DENIAL" .... these are actual quotes from REAL books. Furthermore, you didn't attempt to contradict anything with evidence\proof, you just waved the flag "To coin the phrase"
                You haven't read any of these in context. You have taken them from a website. This website is my guess.

So read one of Dawkins' books on the subject and you may just learn a thing or two.

Or don't and continue to declare that the Emperor's new outfit is splendid and fine.

Comment

Under normal circumstances, I like arraamis. But the last few pages of this thread have made me question not only his intellect and (apparently nonexistant) understanding of evolution, but his sanity, as well.

I was highly disappointed to see him willingly misrepresent the basic argument of evolution in order to prop up his own creationist argument, but even more disappointed by the fact that he's apparently decided to pretend it never happened in the first place.

Piggy is absolutely obliterating him right now.

Comment

Intelligent Design/Evolution Debate Series 10 videos

Dr. David Berlinski - On Evolution

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Under normal circumstances, I like arraamis. But the last few pages of this thread have made me question not only his intellect and (apparently nonexistant) understanding of evolution, but his sanity, as well.

I was highly disappointed to see him willingly misrepresent the basic argument of evolution in order to prop up his own creationist argument, but even more disappointed by the fact that he's apparently decided to pretend it never happened in the first place.

Piggy is absolutely fabricating hypothesis as fact right now.
                      So, now you don't like me because I don't believe sufficient evidence can be presented to support the ToE??

Comment

Working...
                      X