Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOTR VS Harry Potter... which is better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotr has always captured my attention more than the harry potters. I watched the first 5 but as i got older couldnt be assed with it. LOTR on the other hand is still amazing, it
    Reminds me of my golden years when i used to hang out with a bunch of friends and swordfight with sticks in a massive forrest i was about 13 back then

Comment

Movies LOTR by far.....

books it depends.....I appreciate the effort and scope of what tolkien did, but the books themselves arent all that good...find HP much more enjoyable.

Comment

The movies just don't give Harry Potter any justice. And it's hardly fair to judge the Harry Potter books from an adult perspective. I began to read them while I was still a kid (in the mid 90's) and I can honestly say i've never read a better, more enthralling series.

The LOTR movies are clearly superior, but as I said, unless you've genuinely had a go at reading the Harry Potter books, it just isn't fair to compare the two.

Comment

ask a Boxing website they say lotr

ask the rest of the world they say Potter

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            ask a Boxing website they say lotr

ask the rest of the world they say Potter
            why are you dissin' because grown-ups aren't feeling your kids movie? it's subjective man.

Comment

Movies? Lord of the Ring BY FAR - Harry Potter in this department didn't cross over too well in comparison. The HP books felt as though they were more mature than the movies which at times felt way too cartoony and the acting especially by Daniel Radcliffe let it down at times. Still liked the movies a lot and have watched all the HP and Lord of the Ring movies.

Books? Harry Potter blows LOTR out of the water imo. I remember just spending days reading HP when the new book came out. I would read each book more than once after I had gotten through the latest one. It is just too difficult to produce what happens in the book to a movie because of how much it would cost and because you only have about 3 hours max to portray hundreds of pages of work. Honestly, if I ever have children I will make it incumbent upon them to read the HP books, great literature for kids especially but what was so good about it was that people of all ages can literally read it and not get bored. Written so well.

Comment

I didn't think it would be this huge of a gap at all...I guess we are really like-minded people in some regards on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  why are you dissin' because grown-ups aren't feeling your kids movie? it's subjective man.
                  no not at all, sales and everything else says Potter will be remembered moreso than LOTR, even the Books aswell, Potter is the Supreme Franchise

i dont think ANYONE here even watched a Potter Movie to be honest.. i dont know how anyone who watched all the Movies from both Franchises can say lotr is the better..

the Rest of the world agrees with me i have that atleast lol, its more talked about and more consistantly..

lotr is a overrated walkathon with cool effects

Comment

i'll keep the ring full of sorrow until i die.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                      no not at all, sales and everything else says Potter will be remembered moreso than LOTR, even the Books aswell, Potter is the Supreme Franchise

i dont think ANYONE here even watched a Potter Movie to be honest.. i dont know how anyone who watched all the Movies from both Franchises can say lotr is the better..

the Rest of the world agrees with me i have that atleast lol, its more talked about and more consistantly..

lotr is a overrated walkathon with cool effects
                      What? You are the only guy I have ever heard that has said the HP movies are better than the LOTR. HP movies honestly felt like they were catering to kids, the acting was awful in some of the earlier movies especially. LOTR had better battle scenes and I mean the battle of helms deep is amazing. Just before the guy launches the arrow, you can feel the atmosphere. For me personally, I felt the Harry Potter movies each got better and better and I still love them because I am a HP fan but I also have to be realistic and give props to the superior movie series.

Lil Wayne is more talked about than NAS/BigL nowadays when it comes to rap does that make him a better rapper?

Comment

Working...
                      X