Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the best knowledgeable unbiased poster on Boxing Scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Great fantasy fight right there.

Duran beats him whichever way he chooses to, IMO. He was technically skilled enough to box with him and not be outclassed, and physically strong enough to beat Pernell down for his lunch money if he desired it.

Prime Duran makes my c*ck seep. Hence the newly created banner showcasing him further.
    Sounds good enough.

Hey.....

I'LL PUNCH YOU IN YO FACE.

Comment

You know I love Pernell too, though : Duran was just an entirely different animal altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        im 25, f#ckface,
        Well don't blame me my mistake, but you seem pretty mature for your age compared to most that post here.

Comment

scully gets my vote the man has done the lot form the ams to the pros to training fighters and various other work hands down the iceman

Comment

Originally posted by Berges View Post
            Well don't blame me my mistake, but you seem pretty mature for your age compared to most that post here.
            only kidding with the f#ckface noise.

i'll be 26 in march.

Comment

Who do you see beating Duran at 135? Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Who do you see beating Duran at 135? Anybody?

at 135 duran really brought it all together. he had a great chin, power, and enough speed and craft to keep from getting tagged cleanly. he certainly could have employed other means of winning fights, but at the weight his physical advantages translated best into moving forward intelligently, and beating the snot out of people

there's a reason why he's so often considered the roughest go at 135.

you can bet that there'd be some guys to give him a run for his moolah, though.

mayweather jr at 135, whitaker, joe gans, benny leonard, ike williams, are all going to be hard to beat at 135 on their best nights, and if they fought duran 10 times each (not literally, of course, duran would break down,) they'd probably rack up some wins.

Comment

It seems that NE has the same take on Duran as I do, aside from the fact that I don't think Mayweather beats Duran at 135. I know Floyd was sharp as a tack at the weight and is deservedly thought of as one of the top 10 lightweights of all time, but I honestly don't see him beating Duran at any weight.

I may be biased, but I just can't see Floyd winning a decision against a worker like Duran. Not that it matters, because it's just another pointless opinion on a fight that will never happen that fans love to discuss.

Comment

there are a lot of great knowledgeable posters in the history section but they all have ridiculous bias for oldschool fighters and hate for modern fighters. all they do in the history section is fap about the glory years of the heavyweight era.

they ban or delete threads that hurt their holier than thou boxing sensibilities and only want like minded opinions. that's why its always dead in there.

its very hard to say who is the most knowledgeable and unbiased in all of the scene because really you cant have one without the other. every human has biases.

for me my list of best boxing posters in all of bscene are:

bennyst (slight bias for oldschool fighters)
                    silencers
                    jreckoning
                    irondan (slight bias towards floyd)
                    jrosales (bias against oscar)
                    dave rado
                    natas
                    bojangles
                    newengland

those are the main ones off the top of my head and there are some great posters i left out because they show too much bias for whatever agenda they are working for.

Comment

Silencers, Manchine... and me of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X