Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the best knowledgeable unbiased poster on Boxing Scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like pug sometimes but his smugness is unbearable on occassion.

I figured he'd grown up a bit since that night. I pm'd him that night about the stuff he was saying to benny, who's proven over many years here to be a legit guy. I thought we sort of came to an agreement and pug would actually listen. Now he starts it up again. It wouldnt be so annoying if he wasnt always crowing about how people who havent fought before shouldn't be "armchair coaching" and it the next sentence, he armchair coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      I like pug sometimes but his smugness is unbearable on occassion.

I figured he'd grown up a bit since that night. I pm'd him that night about the stuff he was saying to benny, who's proven over many years here to be a legit guy. I thought we sort of came to an agreement and pug would actually listen. Now he starts it up again. It wouldnt be so annoying if he wasnt always crowing about how people who havent fought before shouldn't be "armchair coaching" and it the next sentence, he armchair coaches.
      I honestly think he's autistic. no matter what proof he's presented with, he continually ignores it and goes on and on and on about rubbish that he's made up in his humongous head.

your legal system is not safe till he flunks the bar exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        I've never heard a trainer say "you need to throw 50 more punches a round - come on! it's easy!"

I don't believe he had an extensive amater career unless I see proof. Don't care how many of his friends say otherwise.

I only heard people mentioning other posters who co-sign them. . .

My feelings are devastated because some old man who claims to have an extensive amateur career was co-signed, while I was not mentioned as being the most knowledgeable poster. . .
        So what you're saying is that old men know less than you and you dont respect their knowledge. Brilliant, please keep embarrassing yourself. This is getting funnier.

We need more 18yr old boxing coaches in the us amateur program, maybe we wouldnt be getting our asses kicked.

Bro, no one has to prove shi t to you, you're a goofball. People who've been around can smell a fake a mile away, something you'll never understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          IronDanHamza is a pretty good poster. doesn't get baited into the stupid troll threads that most of do...
          yeah you can always rely Dan for some common sense interaction even if he is a (not so) closet flomo

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I dont think its arguable that daggum has the least amt of bias of anyone in nsb
          daggum is unbiased, he hates everyone* equally

* special exception for Calzaghe
          Last edited by Weebler I; 12-05-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Bro, no one has to prove shi t to you, you're a goofball. People who've been around can smell a fake a mile away, something you'll never understand.
            straight up!!!!

Comment

I like pug sometimes but his smugness is unbearable on occassion.

I never armchair coached.

I gave an example as to why NOBODY who is not actually in the ring, or to an extent, at ringside in the boxer's corner, can armchair coach. . .

If I see somebody say something ludicrous like Benny did, I will say something. Simple as.

I don't believe Benny as fought a round in his life. . . If he proves to me otherwise, I'll put my foot in my mouth, and admit I had no place to speak up to him. .

Comment

• We'll be sure to notify him directly that it is impetuous that he validate himself to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  We'll be sure to notify him directly that it is impetuous that he validate himself to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    horsesh#T. there are posters like those ones, but they're not the best the history section can offer.
                    When there are legit discussions in there about Marciano possibly beating Vitali that is where that section by in large has derailed

Comment

• Looky what I found.

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      ****ing PR guy. He really could have beaten Kavanaugh easy with more volume or even stopped him. That **** is so pissweak and for supposedly professional fighters at the world level, losing a fight that you could easily win only because you decide not to punch is ****ed. It drives me insane. How does the corner not say straight up to him "Unless you punch right now and throw a minimum of 50 punches every round you lose this fight because of your own stupidity"
                      Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      um, maybe because he would get counter punched and outclassed. . .

lol you don't think a fighter knows what he has to do? it's easy for us to watch and say "he needs to do this". .
                      No. You obviously didn't see the fight. Every single time he opened up he landed big or even hurt Kavanaugh. He did his best work on the counter but from the second round onward he stopped punching completely and spent the rest of the fight looking for one punch when it was clearly not one punch he needed.

Fighters don't always know what to do in there and can't always see what's happening. That's why they have a corner to tell them what they need to do. His corner didn't do the right job.

Hey, how many times have you heard a fighter say after the fight "I just fought the wrong fight"? Do you know why they say that? It's because they thought they were fighting the right way but they were clearly not. The corner would have been telling that guy to punch more and he would win easy. He didn't do it. Stupid fighter.

The fight would have been just the opposite of what you said. He got out punched because he stopped throwing, not because he would have been outclassed because it was him doing the outclassing and landing all the good punches whenever he did punch. He only lost because of his punch output.
                      Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      shrug. . . i didn't see the fight, but i haev sparred before and i know how hard it is to "do something" that you know you have to do. . .

i just know you can't armchair a fight. . . im sure if he could ahve done something, he would have. . . you know how exhausting it is just to fight one round? shyt, even just hitting the damn heavy bag for a round. .

Yes, I do. I fought as an amateur for a long time, so I know what you can do and what you can't in actual boxing fights. Sparring is easy, fights are different but again, that's what your corner is for. They tell you stuff that you are missing because it's very easy to miss things in the heat of battle when you might not be thinking clearly.

He wasn't thinking clearly and missing the biggest reason he was winning. He did the very typical, classic boxing mistake. He stopped punching because he was landing easily thinking that he would finish it with one shot when it was combinations and good counter punching that got him into that position. It's probably the most common losing mistake for punchers.

Watch the fight and then talk to me about it. You'll understand what I mean when you see it. It wasn't as you're describing it at all though I do know what you mean and agree. Just not in this case.

Comment

Working...
                      X