Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you consider the best knowledgeable unbiased poster on Boxing Scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    I can think of a whole lot of guys that can and usually can post unbiased opinions about fights and fighters. Many have been named here and a few replied here.

I guess we all have our moments and all are biased at one time or another. It is obvious which posters have agendas as well and somehow a couple of those names appeared here aswell.
    Personally, I think the best discussions, and debates are had when you have posters who have a little bias towards their favorite boxers...

I mean, we all have our favorite boxers, and whether or not we like it, we'll subconsciously act on that favoritism, and bias. . And that's perfectly ok. . . As long as you support your opinion, and argue it intelligibly, it's perfectly fine. Doesn't make one a "nuthugger," or a biased, delusional fanboy, etc. And it certainly doesn't mean you don't know, and understand boxing. . .

I mean, it wouldn't be as fun if everybody just took a 100% unbiased, neutral stance all the time . .

As long as you're not blinded to the realities of pugilism. . .

Comment

Gunstler,webb,littlemac,larry x.,Gino Ros..

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        ElBossHogg is probably the most 100% poster here
        You're a good poster only thing you could improve on is you need to support the Mexican fighters a little bit more you're lacking on that..

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Personally, I think the best discussions, and debates are had when you have posters who have a little bias towards their favorite boxers...

I mean, we all have our favorite boxers, and whether or not we like it, we'll subconsciously act on that favoritism, and bias. . And that's perfectly ok. . . As long as you support your opinion, and argue it intelligibly, it's perfectly fine. Doesn't make one a "nuthugger," or a biased, delusional fanboy, etc. And it certainly doesn't mean you don't know, and understand boxing. . .

I mean, it wouldn't be as fun if everybody just took a 100% unbiased, neutral stance all the time . .

As long as you're not blinded to the realities of pugilism. . .
          Some good discussions do come from difference. If we are real about it, everybody here has opinions different from everybody else. Thats just the way it is. For some accepting that difference is hard. It's just the nature of discussion.

I personally try to remain unattached from boxers after seeing so many favorites getting beat down over the years. But even then there are fighters that earn my respect in and out of the ring. So even after trying to remain unattached I have been guilty of bias from time to time. No one is perfect here and thats ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            Honestly youre Floyd hate is coked out hate not justified hate. Not sure if your disllike of floyd has some psychological truama behind it from childhood or, you just have that old man attitude like Merchant. "Damn these young punks they got no respect!" Safe to say Floyd avoided Margo but if your saying cotto and tszyu or manny than its safe to say your just hating.

Stop being an idiot and read the fukn post.

I dont like money, true. Im a huge fan of pretty boy and will and do defend him at 130-135. But since you cant comprehend shi t. I early said that Dan rates floyd on his atg list but when he rates other fighters, he uses wins vs other prime atgs or hof fighters as a major criteria. But floyd doesnt have any of those. Then people make the excuses of politics and still manage to give floyd give floyd credit in their minds.

Now, lets see where in here i said floyd avoided zoo and manny?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Some good discussions do come from difference. If we are real about it, everybody here has opinions different from everybody else. Thats just the way it is. For some accepting that difference is hard. It's just the nature of discussion.

I personally try to remain unattached from boxers after seeing so many favorites getting beat down over the years. But even then there are fighters that earn my respect in and out of the ring. So even after trying to remain unattached I have been guilty of bias from time to time. No one is perfect here and thats ok.
              yes, and i think the main reason for difference of opinions is favorite, or preferred boxers we al have.

but i've seen some very, very good arguments, and points raised from known hardcore fans of boxers. I'll find myself conceding, and convinced by their arguments. And only because of that - I'll see things I wouldn't have seen otherwise; it has enabled me to view boxing, and certain boxers through a different scope.

i think it's important, and crucial to the integrity of the website that we have fans who take a stance supporting their favorite boxers, who are often viewed as having "no chance" to beat another fighter. they will make very good arguments, and sometimes come fight night, they are proved to be correct.

It's quite easy to distinguish an opinion (or a poster for that matter) which is completely based on "fanboyism," as opposed to simply taking an educated, learned, and buttressed stance regarding their favorite boxer(s)...

Also, sometimes it's important to know when a poster is purposely, and knowingly being a "fanboy" just to troll, and have some fun. . . I will have fun with my favorite boxer, Amir Khan, and carry on just to take piss out of people sometimes. . . But I have also given honest assessments of Khan - where my boxing knowledge (which is on par with the best on here) shines through brilliantly. . .

Comment

You know there are tons of great posters here IMO. And many of them often have a difference of opinion than mine. Over the years some have disappeared, some have taken new names, and some now even like to troll a bit. It does not matter really. When you take this place as a collective, accept differences of opinion and know you are in the company of others who love the sport just as much as you do, it becomes all worth it. It is a learning experience every day.

We will all have to dig through some coal to find the gold, but it is there. Just wear your bullsh|t goggles and dig. You will find that you will not even have to look much to find that gold. You will also get some good laughs along the way. There are a few bad posters here, but you quickly learn who they are and skip right over them automatically if need be.

I have been into the game for almost 40 years, but feel I have learned something from almost everyone in here. It is always good to get a different perspective.

Comment

Mannie, dont fuk with me. I've been on the Broner bandwagon, im one of the most vocal on him in nsb, and you have the nerve to try that Larry Merchant shi t.

Makes you look stupid, throwing baseless accusations out there.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    yes, and i think the main reason for difference of opinions is favorite, or preferred boxers we al have.

but i've seen some very, very good arguments, and points raised from known hardcore fans of boxers. I'll find myself conceding, and convinced by their arguments. And only because of that - I'll see things I wouldn't have seen otherwise; it has enabled me to view boxing, and certain boxers through a different scope.

i think it's important, and crucial to the integrity of the website that we have fans who take a stance supporting their favorite boxers, who are often viewed as having "no chance" to beat another fighter. they will make very good arguments, and sometimes come fight night, they are proved to be correct.

It's quite easy to distinguish an opinion (or a poster for that matter) which is completely based on "fanboyism," as opposed to simply taking an educated, learned, and buttressed stance regarding their favorite boxer(s)...

Also, sometimes it's important to know when a poster is purposely, and knowingly being a "fanboy" just to troll, and have some fun. . . I will have fun with my favorite boxer, Amir Khan, and carry on just to take piss out of people sometimes. . . But I have also given honest assessments of Khan - where my boxing knowledge (which is on par with the best on here) shines through brilliantly. . .
                    Lo fukn l.........

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      Thanks man I thought of you too. I held off naming all you guys that should be named here because there are alot of you. I would have messed many that deserved mention here.
                      in mine too.....

Comment

Working...
                      X